Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Same Day Confirmed Change (SDC)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2018, 1:27 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by czpdx
I don't think anything has changed. MVPs still pay $25 for the change, they're just not held to the 6-hour rule.
i'll confirm this. i made a sdc recently - as a MVP - and was able to do so at the 10p mark, but required to pay the $25 fee plus taxes. I was happy to be able to do it!
Old Jan 17, 2018, 2:22 pm

Programs: Alaska 100k
Originally Posted by pfpdx
So SDC could explain why F loads change all the sudden at t-24ish without any U space opening and without an AC swap, people could be SDCing from one flight to another. Maybe for a better time? Maybe for fare arbitrage maybe a little bit of both.
I have frequently SDC'd on LAX-SEA after I have received an upgrade when work takes longer or I just want more time. This seems to frequently put me in a middle seat at the back of the plane.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 11:43 am

Programs: Gold 75K
Does anyone know how to do a SDC that might involve flying from a nearby airport (e.g. OAK vs. SFO)? I did not think this was possible, since those choices never show up at OLCI. But, I recently did one of those Alaska Insight surveys and it asked about my experience with this type of change, which implies that it is possible.....
Old Jan 22, 2018, 12:04 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by sjbsf
Does anyone know how to do a SDC that might involve flying from a nearby airport (e.g. OAK vs. SFO)?
It's not allowed per SDC rules:

​​​​​​
  • You must keep the same origin, destination, thru, and connection cities. Co-terminal changes are not allowed.
Neil
Old Jan 22, 2018, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
It hasn't been possible for years. Back in the day I used to do SDC to a co-terminal at the airport. If they brought it back it would be nice.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 12:20 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
The only time I've been able to do it is when SFO is facing delays and they've let me switch to OAK instead.

Neil
Old Jan 22, 2018, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by missamo80
The only time I've been able to do it is when SFO is facing delays and they've let me switch to OAK instead.
Yeah, that's the scenario where I expect they would allow it. When AS was more flexible with SDC I used to go from LAX to BUR or LGB.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by sjbsf
Does anyone know how to do a SDC that might involve flying from a nearby airport (e.g. OAK vs. SFO)? I did not think this was possible, since those choices never show up at OLCI. But, I recently did one of those Alaska Insight surveys and it asked about my experience with this type of change, which implies that it is possible.....
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
It hasn't been possible for years. Back in the day I used to do SDC to a co-terminal at the airport. ...
Originally Posted by missamo80
that's more about being proactive to avoid IROPS disruptions than it is about "SDC" per se

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
... If they brought it back it would be nice.
indeed; also the ability to change (or add, or delete) a connecting point
Old Jan 22, 2018, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jrl767
that's more about being proactive to avoid IROPS disruptions than it is about "SDC" per se
In my case, it was usually "plans changed since when I bought the ticket and I hate the 405".

Originally Posted by jrl767
indeed; also the ability to change (or add, or delete) a connecting point
My guess is AS is unlikely to do it because of revenue protection- people booking cheaper flights to XXX (or ZZZ-XXX) and switching to YYY day of flight.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
yeah, "my plans changed" probably doesn't work too well these days, but I'd certainly suspect they would be more accommodating in impending IROPS situations ... any SFO passenger who they can willingly push to OAK/SJC ahead of time is one less passenger SFO will need to contend with in real time
Old Mar 11, 2018, 8:38 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
New SDC features in Alaska App

If anyone is a frequent SDCer (and Alaska App user), wanna try this out and report back?

Last edited by DrAlex; Mar 11, 2018 at 8:54 pm
Old Mar 12, 2018, 12:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
I'll check it out in a week and a half- I'm sure someone will beat me to it however
Old Mar 12, 2018, 6:25 pm

We are on a 9pm or so flight from SEA-LAS....If we (both MVPG) want to do a SDC I think we can do it as early as 10pm the night before correct? Also, can we look at seat assignments before changing? I don't want to go from exit row aisle to a middle if you know what I mean. Anyone?

We're looking at trying to maybe go out a few hours earlier.

THanks
Old Jun 7, 2018, 11:02 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
Meanwhile, back at the Eskimo lair:

Old Jun 7, 2018, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

“An unexpected error occurred communicating with Alaska Airlines.” was the error I got trying to use this feature. Any flight I tried.

Time for the one star review on the App Store maybe? Perhaps that feedback would get some attention...

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Jun 7, 2018 at 11:39 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.