Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Same Day Confirmed Change (SDC)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2016, 8:09 am
21A

Originally Posted by 21A
Any experiences with SDC on only the first leg of two (thus lengthening the connection)? I don't see anything preventing this.
Just to update a little on what I learned here... It was originally a three-segment itinerary (double connection).
- in its original state no alternate flights at all were offered by web/app
- called and was able to move up the first leg by several hours, thus creating a stopover of ~12 hours in connecting city 1
Now the two parts of the trip seem to have separated for check-in purposes (checking in the first leg doesn't give boarding passes for the downward ones). In check-in for leg two, I get:
- options connecting to an earlier CCC-DDD (including more than one BBB-CCC for each)
- earlier BBB-CCC options connecting to the same CCC-DDD that's booked, up to a maximum connection of four hours.

To summarize,
- changing an earlier flight is no problem even if the second flight doesn't change,
- three-leg itineraries are too complex to do anything with without calling,
- the check-in automation appears to go by the 4 hour connection rule, and phone agents appear to have more latitude.

I should note also that none of the flights have been taken yet. I would imagine certain types of changes would only work after flying the first leg (e.g. move only the second leg later).
Old Apr 25, 2016, 8:05 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Not sure if this deserves it's own thread. If you are booked into first, specifically an first class saver award in my case, will you be able to SDC directly into F if there are any seats for sale?
Old Apr 25, 2016, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by 21A
Just to update a little on what I learned here... It was originally a three-segment itinerary (double connection).
- called and was able to move up the first leg by several hours, thus creating a stopover of ~12 hours in connecting city 1
Now the two parts of the trip seem to have separated for check-in purposes (checking in the first leg doesn't give boarding passes for the downward ones). In check-in for leg two, I get:
- options connecting to an earlier CCC-DDD (including more than one BBB-CCC for each)
- earlier BBB-CCC options connecting to the same CCC-DDD that's booked, up to a maximum connection of four hours.

To summarize,
- changing an earlier flight is no problem even if the second flight doesn't change,
- the check-in automation appears to go by the 4 hour connection rule, and phone agents appear to have more latitude.

I should note also that none of the flights have been taken yet. I would imagine certain types of changes would only work after flying the first leg (e.g. move only the second leg later).
Thanks I booked a ticket for later this year when I want to shorten a connection so this is good info. I might also try to use it to lengthen a connection this weekend.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 11:20 am

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Has anyone ever SDC'd from an all-AS itinerary to an AS with AS codeshare itinerary (specifically, AS from SEA-LAX, then AS codeshare operated by AA onwards for the short hop from LAX).

I'm guessing this is a "no" even though it's a codeshare. AS has only one daily flight so all the later connections I'd prefer would be AS connecting to AS codeshare operated by AA.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SamuelS
Has anyone ever SDC'd from an all-AS itinerary to an AS with AS codeshare itinerary (specifically, AS from SEA-LAX, then AS codeshare operated by AA onwards for the short hop from LAX).

I'm guessing this is a "no" even though it's a codeshare. AS has only one daily flight so all the later connections I'd prefer would be AS connecting to AS codeshare operated by AA.
I highly doubt this will be allowed. Also, technically you are not allowed to change your routing, sounds like you are looking to go from a nonstop on AS to a connection. Some agents will allow this but it is technically outside the scope of SDC rules.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
I highly doubt this will be allowed. Also, technically you are not allowed to change your routing, sounds like you are looking to go from a nonstop on AS to a connection. Some agents will allow this but it is technically outside the scope of SDC rules.
It would be from a single connection to a double connection so it would be a routing change in that regard, so I am guessing you are correct. I will report back though! AS only has one flight a day into this station (super early!) so it's a bit of a PITA but I will just have to suck it up and be an early riser and get up at 3am
Old Apr 27, 2016, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

...will just have to suck it up and be an early riser and get up at 3am
welcome to my almost every trip...
Old May 1, 2016, 8:43 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Are AS flights booked through AA (i.e. on AA ticket stock) still eligible for SDC as well?

And if so, can I request through the app?

Thanks!
Old May 1, 2016, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 21A

To summarize,

To add to this today I SDC a trip on the app with 2 segments to create a 10 hour SEA stopover. I did this by checking in separately for my 2nd segment on the app and all available SDC options were offered. I might have to SDC again as I'm bordering on missing my 7:30pm flight at this rate.
Old May 2, 2016, 1:59 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by SpeedRicer
Are AS flights booked through AA (i.e. on AA ticket stock) still eligible for SDC as well?

And if so, can I request through the app?

Thanks!
Was able to confirm that AA-issued tickets are good for SDC. Just checked-in on the app at 10 PM the night before and was able to SDC to a later flight for tomorrow... ^
Old May 2, 2016, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
I have an AA flight booked with AS miles ... presumably I'm under AA's rules if I want to try SDC/SDS, since they're the operating carrier
Old May 12, 2016, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
can we use credit certificates to pay for the SDC fee?
Old May 12, 2016, 4:56 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by ulzimates
can we use credit certificates to pay for the SDC fee?
My Wallet funds, credit certificates and discount codes can only be used for new tickets, unfortunately.
Old May 18, 2016, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by jrl767
I have an AA flight booked with AS miles ... presumably I'm under AA's rules if I want to try SDC/SDS, since they're the operating carrier
I have the same question.

If you book an AA ticket with AS miles, AS issued e-ticket... Can you still SDC from say the AA flight to an AS operated flight for instance?
Old May 18, 2016, 1:37 pm

I have the same question.

If you book an AA ticket with AS miles, AS issued e-ticket... Can you still SDC from say the AA flight to an AS operated flight for instance?
Nope, the SDC policy only applies if Alaska is the operating airline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.