Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska debit card mileage has not posted

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2012, 8:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GLD, A3 GLD, TK GLD, UA SIL, HILTON DIA, HYATT DIA, IHG PA, MR GLD, ACCOR PLT, SPG GLD
Alaska debit card mileage has not posted

Hi! So I got a Alaska DB card from BOA 2 months ago. However, I haven't received any miles from my purchases nor the 3000 bonus miles. They did not charge me the $30 annual fee either. I asked my rep at BOA for help but he had no experience with this... Anyone knows what is going on?
Old Dec 2, 2012, 10:53 pm

Programs: AS, US, Hilton, BA, DL, SPG, AA, VS
Did you give them your AS Mileage Plan number?
Old Dec 3, 2012, 4:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GLD, A3 GLD, TK GLD, UA SIL, HILTON DIA, HYATT DIA, IHG PA, MR GLD, ACCOR PLT, SPG GLD
I did when I apply for the card
Old Dec 3, 2012, 9:22 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Call the Customer Service Number on the Card....

I'm assuming that there is one (there is on credit cards).

The call center should be able to help you. If you're asking at your local branch, they will be clueless.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 7:05 pm
Original Poster

Well...I tried 5 agents on the phone and they had no clue what this is... One agent was even claiming they have never had such a thing before.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 10:28 pm
AAL

It looks like the same thing has happened to me. I requested the AS debit card for my BofA checking account through the link for the 3000 miles bonus. I first used the card on November 1, and so far no miles, bonus or otherwise, have posted (and no $30 fee has been charged). Dealing with BofA is so unpleasant that it's not worth the hassle for 3000 miles (that I may or may not ever receive).

I've been thinking about loading Bluebird with the debit card to make mortgage payments -- but no-fee loading would entail going to Walmart, another experience that I loathe. It is starting to look like a bad idea all around.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 2:33 am

Programs: HHGold
In my experience with the card so far miles have been posting between the 31st - 5th (for the month just ending). If you just used the card beginning in November I would wait until the 5th of December to see if they post. FYI...my miles for November have yet to post.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:50 pm

I work for Alaska and have an AS DR Card

The miles post once per month after the month ends. What you want to do is log into your mileage plan on alaskaair.com and click on my account. Then click on Mileage Activity (under Mileage Plan near bottom).

Then you will see your activity for all flights, code share flights and bofa check card purchase activity and bofa credit card activity.

As far as the bonus miles, those are usually credited within 90 days.

Hope that helps...
Old Aug 19, 2013, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by saia06912
In my experience with the card so far miles have been posting between the 31st - 5th (for the month just ending). If you just used the card beginning in November I would wait until the 5th of December to see if they post. FYI...my miles for November have yet to post.
A little confused here. So it goes by calendar month, right?

For example, if I have qualifying purchase items from November 1 - December 15, the miles posted in December only shows purchases from November 1- November 30? Then in January, the miles posted are from December 1-15?
Old Aug 20, 2013, 1:53 pm

Programs: HHGold
Originally Posted by SuperKirby
A little confused here. So it goes by calendar month, right?

For example, if I have qualifying purchase items from November 1 - December 15, the miles posted in December only shows purchases from November 1- November 30? Then in January, the miles posted are from December 1-15?

Purchases made Nov 1 - Nov 30 will post in early December. December will post in ealy January and so on. I believe this card has been recently discontinued so Im curious to see what happens when my annual fees are due if my card gets renewed or not.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 1:56 pm

Purchases made Nov 1 - Nov 30 will post in early December. December will post in ealy January and so on. I believe this card has been recently discontinued so Im curious to see what happens when my annual fees are due if my card gets renewed or not.
Thanks for the info.

Also, I just applied for this card and according to the website, it says the card will arrive in 5-10 days. Lets see if it actually comes! lol
Old Aug 28, 2013, 12:25 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by SuperKirby
Thanks for the info.

Also, I just applied for this card and according to the website, it says the card will arrive in 5-10 days. Lets see if it actually comes! lol
I went in to a BofA branch in WA today to ask about the AS debit card. The manager had never heard of it and was insistent that I was confusing it with the AS Visa. I patiently explained I wasn't. He called their help line and they had never heard of it either. I told him where to find the link to apply and sure enough, there it was. It is only valid if your account was opened in certain states and luckily, mine qualified as it was opened in Virginia (not sure how that is as I opened it online but whatever). He did the online app for me and it was approved instantly. The rep on the phone could see it and said the card would be sent out the next day. Annual fee is $30. Printed out all the info on it as well as the confirmation. He thanked me for bringing a product he wasn't aware of to his attention
Old Sep 2, 2013, 8:33 pm

Programs: DL SM, Marriot PLT, Tall guy in need of legroom
would love to know if Bluebird loads or any PIN-based purchases get miles?
Old Dec 25, 2013, 11:52 pm

Does BoA summarize the # of miles you get per month anywhere? Or does it just deposit them eventually?

I opened mine before the discontinue date but I haven't seen any miles post. It's been 5-6 weeks now. I also didn't seem to be charged a fee.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by sunny_sc
Does BoA summarize the # of miles you get per month anywhere? Or does it just deposit them eventually?

I opened mine before the discontinue date but I haven't seen any miles post. It's been 5-6 weeks now. I also didn't seem to be charged a fee.
Nothing on BofA's site tells you they posted miles. I only knew my miles posted from AS' website. Mine posts on the 5th or 6th of the month.

Mine was charged the AF about 2 months after I got my card. Then about a month ago they gave me AF partial return of $26 I think.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.