Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Emirates (EK) awards availability/booking/routing thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 5, 2014, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: eponymous_coward
Emirates award guide using Alaska Airlines miles

Routing Rules:

All trips must start or end in North America.
One open jaw and one stopover allowed on each one-way award.
No fees for changes/cancellations prior to 60 days from departure.

North American Gateway Cities:

West Coast
Seattle
San Francisco
Los Angeles

Central
Chicago
Dallas
Houston

East Coast
Boston
New York (JFK)
Orlando (Effective September 1, 2015)
Washington DC (IAD)

Canada
Toronto

Award Chart Links*:

Middle East & Africa

Asia

Europe

*If region is not listed on chart its not available.

Perks

Chauffeur Drive NOT Available
Car service is not available for all Business Class and First Class passengers on Alaska Airlines ticketed award tickets on Emirates flights (as of Jan 2015). The chauffeur will not confirm if you use the EK website for this, though the website makes it look you can make a reservation.

Lounges
Access is available for all passengers traveling in Business and First Class. Not all cities have lounges and many may be operated by a Partner. There have been some reports of people having an issue accessing the Dubai lounges as the tickets may appear in their system as non-revenue employee travel. This is not as much of a problem as it used to be but in case it comes up please advise the lounge attendant that you are on an Alaska Airlines award.

Dubai Connect

AS Awards on EK do not qualify for Dubai Connect, which is the service that offers the free hotel.

Tricks to find Transoceanic availability

Instead of performing a blanket, i.e. SEA-DXB search, perform: SEA-MED.
Madinah is a destination that is only served by EK. Consequently, if there is availability, only EK will show up in the calendar results.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2014, 9:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by ffman999
How long does it take to walk from the new AS gates to the EK gate in San Francisco?
Depends on where your plane lands... but should be fairly short as its one terminal. Same for CX...
Old Sep 14, 2014, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ffman999
How long does it take to walk from the new AS gates to the EK gate in San Francisco?
Same A concourse... 3 minutes max.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 9:57 pm

Changing dates after first segment flown

I am currently on hold with Alaska Air trying to change the date on an Emirates segment DXB-SIN. I have already flown the first segment SFO-DXB. The agents are not finding any availability for months from DXB-SIN/BKK/KUL/CGK. Is there a procedure the agents need to follow to find the availability or has Emirates made changes to these award tickets more restrictive?
Old Sep 14, 2014, 10:09 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by nawlins
I am currently on hold with Alaska Air trying to change the date on an Emirates segment DXB-SIN. I have already flown the first segment SFO-DXB. The agents are not finding any availability for months from DXB-SIN/BKK/KUL/CGK. Is there a procedure the agents need to follow to find the availability or has Emirates made changes to these award tickets more restrictive?
Quick check on KVS shows EK award seats to SIN pretty much every day this week (not Monday). Each day has Y, and there is some F and C availability too. Not sure how the already flown first segment would affect this, but that's what I see for standalone awards.

--mcz
Old Sep 14, 2014, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by mczlaw
Quick check on KVS shows EK award seats to SIN pretty much every day this week (not Monday). Each day has Y, and there is some F and C availability too. Not sure how the already flown first segment would affect this, but that's what I see for standalone awards.

--mcz
Yes plenty of availability x-DXB on the Alaska website if you begin travel in North America. The issue seems to find this same availability after the first segment has been flown. This seems unique to Emirates.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by mczlaw

--mcz
How are you finding these in KVS? When I tried KVS this week with Z and D fare classes (first or biz class awards) nothing showed up for any day this week. Perhaps I'm using the tool wrong.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 11:14 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by cheapguy69
How are you finding these in KVS? When I tried KVS this week with Z and D fare classes (first or biz class awards) nothing showed up for any day this week. Perhaps I'm using the tool wrong.
Use the "Awards/Upgrades" tab and "Awards/OneWorld" Method. Guessing you are using "Availability."

--mcz
Old Sep 15, 2014, 10:20 am

Programs: Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by moler
With an overnight layover, you'd qualify for chauffeur drive to DFW, if you can leave one day earlier.
Scheduling issues... I can't leave work any earlier than the evening of the 24th.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 5:17 pm

Just as a heads up a lot of seats were released today from DFW/IAH - DXB around the New Years period….perfect opportunity to see the largest fireworks display in the world
Old Sep 15, 2014, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by alexisonsmith
Just as a heads up a lot of seats were released today from DFW/IAH - DXB around the New Years period….perfect opportunity to see the largest fireworks display in the world
I don't see that but there are now 2 A388 F seats on many days in February and March from SFO, DFW and IAH, at least on EF.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by SFO777
I don't see that but there are now 2 A388 F seats on many days in February and March from SFO, DFW and IAH, at least on EF.
I see some in Dec.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 4:58 am

End of Dec.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 12:09 am

Programs: Marriott Gold
I thought I saw some F seats DFW-DXB-SIN earlier today but I couldn't book until after work.

Right now what I have is YVR-SEA-DFW on AS (Y/F), and a forced overnight in DFW, DFW-DXB in F, DXB-CMB-SIN in J. A bit convoluted...
Old Sep 17, 2014, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Excellent availability from mid-Jan till early May on DFW-DXB
Old Sep 17, 2014, 1:20 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Thanks for the heads up guys, just booked SEA-IAH-DXB in early Jan, 2 seats in F!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.