Wiki Posts
Search

Getting AS Locators from other carriers

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2012, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry

I have some AS flights coming up some booked as AA, some booked as DL.

AAgent told me that there is no AS locator, because the ticket is an AA flight number. Rather than argue, I feigned ignorance. I thought it interesting that as MVPG I could get an upgrade on DL but not on the DL-coded AS legs.

With dates and flight numbers will the Gold line reps be able to retrieve them so that I can adjust seating...at least on the AA segment....but more importantly, slip in for upgrades?
Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
AA and AS use the same system - I don't know if they generate a different PNR#. Try putting your AA # into the AS system to see if you can manually add the res.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:48 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Here's a similar thread from last week: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...-question.html. You can definitely get the record locator from DL.

Neil
Old Aug 13, 2012, 1:21 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k
Originally Posted by 98103

AAgent told me that there is no AS locator, because the ticket is an AA flight number. Rather than argue, I feigned ignorance. I thought it interesting that as MVPG I could get an upgrade on DL but not on the DL-coded AS legs.

With dates and flight numbers will the Gold line reps be able to retrieve them so that I can adjust seating...at least on the AA segment....but more importantly, slip in for upgrades?
Gold line reps can definitely look up your AS code for those flights, and upon request they will add/confirm you on the upgrade waitlist.

The one thing I'm not sure is whether you end up on the same priority on the upgrade list as if it was booked via AS directly. In the handful of times I've been in this situation (tickets issued by DL) I've been upgraded approximately 50% of the time, but never in advance (i.e. only on the day of departure). YMMV.

You will still be recognized as an MVPG onboard, and will get your free drink if sitting in Y.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 1:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.583 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by braffy
Originally Posted by 98103

Gold line reps can definitely look up your AS code for those flights, and upon request they will add/confirm you on the upgrade waitlist.

The one thing I'm not sure is whether you end up on the same priority on the upgrade list as if it was booked via AS directly. In the handful of times I've been in this situation (tickets issued by DL) I've been upgraded approximately 50% of the time, but never in advance (i.e. only on the day of departure). YMMV.

You will still be recognized as an MVPG onboard, and will get your free drink if sitting in Y.
Upgrades happen at normal windows. Do note- one is not added to UG WL until they call AS and request this.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
AA and AS use the same system - I don't know if they generate a different PNR#.
They do. I've checked.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 1:41 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP

I would just call AS directly in that case, giving your name and flight info. They've been able to tell me the AS record locator from their end.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.