FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   Getting AS Locators from other carriers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1376793-getting-locators-other-carriers.html)

98103 Aug 13, 2012 11:39 am

Getting AS Locators from other carriers

I have some AS flights coming up some booked as AA, some booked as DL.

AAgent told me that there is no AS locator, because the ticket is an AA flight number. Rather than argue, I feigned ignorance. I thought it interesting that as MVPG I could get an upgrade on DL but not on the DL-coded AS legs.

With dates and flight numbers will the Gold line reps be able to retrieve them so that I can adjust seating...at least on the AA segment....but more importantly, slip in for upgrades?

Eastbay1K Aug 13, 2012 12:01 pm

AA and AS use the same system - I don't know if they generate a different PNR#. Try putting your AA # into the AS system to see if you can manually add the res.

missamo80 Aug 13, 2012 12:48 pm

Here's a similar thread from last week: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...-question.html. You can definitely get the record locator from DL.

Neil

braffy Aug 13, 2012 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by 98103 (Post 19112068)

AAgent told me that there is no AS locator, because the ticket is an AA flight number. Rather than argue, I feigned ignorance. I thought it interesting that as MVPG I could get an upgrade on DL but not on the DL-coded AS legs.

With dates and flight numbers will the Gold line reps be able to retrieve them so that I can adjust seating...at least on the AA segment....but more importantly, slip in for upgrades?

Gold line reps can definitely look up your AS code for those flights, and upon request they will add/confirm you on the upgrade waitlist.

The one thing I'm not sure is whether you end up on the same priority on the upgrade list as if it was booked via AS directly. In the handful of times I've been in this situation (tickets issued by DL) I've been upgraded approximately 50% of the time, but never in advance (i.e. only on the day of departure). YMMV.

You will still be recognized as an MVPG onboard, and will get your free drink if sitting in Y.

beckoa Aug 13, 2012 1:28 pm

Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.583 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by braffy

Originally Posted by 98103 (Post 19112068)

Gold line reps can definitely look up your AS code for those flights, and upon request they will add/confirm you on the upgrade waitlist.

The one thing I'm not sure is whether you end up on the same priority on the upgrade list as if it was booked via AS directly. In the handful of times I've been in this situation (tickets issued by DL) I've been upgraded approximately 50% of the time, but never in advance (i.e. only on the day of departure). YMMV.

You will still be recognized as an MVPG onboard, and will get your free drink if sitting in Y.

Upgrades happen at normal windows. Do note- one is not added to UG WL until they call AS and request this.

jackal Aug 13, 2012 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K (Post 19112219)
AA and AS use the same system - I don't know if they generate a different PNR#.

They do. I've checked.

abrok Aug 13, 2012 1:41 pm

Getting AS Locators from other carriers

I would just call AS directly in that case, giving your name and flight info. They've been able to tell me the AS record locator from their end.