Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines 737 First Class (HNL-PDX)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Considering this one-way as part of a longer trip. Narrow-body plane, but much less expensive than FC on others (Hawaiian is the only other airline with non-stop service I could find). Any experiences, good or bad? Alternative would likely be economy class on Hawaiian. Wife really likes first class these days. Is there a lounge one could use at HNL with Am Ex Platinum Card?
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:55 am

Programs: AS 75K, DL Plat, AA, WN, Hertz, HHonors, Marriott
Originally Posted by SoCal
Considering this one-way as part of a longer trip. Narrow-body plane, but much less expensive than FC on others (Hawaiian is the only other airline with non-stop service I could find). Any experiences, good or bad? Alternative would likely be economy class on Hawaiian. Wife really likes first class these days. Is there a lounge one could use at HNL with Am Ex Platinum Card?
You can use the DL lounge in HNL, but only with a same-day ticket on DL. You might have better luck using Priority Pass at the AA club.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 3:49 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by SoCal
Wife really likes first class these days.
Uh oh. That's dangerous...
Old Oct 11, 2012, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tusphotog
Uh oh. That's dangerous...
You're telling me! About 3 years ago I thought I'd treat her to biz class on an international trip (from Brazil, where we are for a while, to the States and back), and now she is hooked. Domestic FC not as great, but she still likes it. I used FF miles for two cross-country flights in FC last summer, but those will run out. No problem in coach on shorter trips (e.g., ONT-OAK, and SMF-ONT on Southwest).
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA, AS, TZ, UA, Clipper, EZ-Link, Hop, Navigo, Octopus, Oyster
I've flown the AS F service a half dozen times this year.
The crews are happy to be flying the route.
Seats are newer than the HA 767s. AS has less pitch but wider seats.
Catering is adequate now that fresh carts are loaded in HNL.
The HA Mai Tais are MUCH better, though.

Do look at different days of the week. On two trips I bought very last minute F was near empty two days out so I just bought a coach ticket and was upgraded immediately after purchasing. On one segment there were only five of us up front.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 2:44 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
I'm still trying to figure out why people equate mai tai's to Hawai'i... the drink originated in California!
Old Oct 11, 2012, 4:37 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM
I like the AS F product to Hawaii. Friendly service and the extra comforts help with the length of the trip. HA F is great too and can be reasonalbly priced, just an extra stop in HNL on the way depending on the island. The sense of Aloha on the HA planes is special. You can't go wrong with either.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 6:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.583 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
I'm still trying to figure out why people equate mai tai's to Hawai'i... the drink originated in California!
I'm not sure but the Kauai Rum pre mix Mai Tai is very good- they sell it at the LIH Costco and I took a couple home. AS should invest in it too...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.