Wiki Posts
Search

MVP Gold Guest Upgrade Question

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2012, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A little bit of miles and points scattered everywhere
MVP Gold Guest Upgrade Question

i have roundtrip flights to Maui coming up in Late July and I see on my reservation MVP Gold Guest Upgrade. I clicked on it and it appears upgrade is eligible for the outgoing flight. There is a black U next to flight. here is the issue. I am not an MVP Gold....my wife is an MVP and has a separate reservation on the same flight and I see the same MVP Gold Guest Upgrade option next to her reservation too. We both do have the BofA Alaska Card. I don't recall any benefit like this associated with the card? Any info?
Old Jul 3, 2012, 2:25 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by koctail
i have roundtrip flights to Maui coming up in Late July and I see on my reservation MVP Gold Guest Upgrade. I clicked on it and it appears upgrade is eligible for the outgoing flight. There is a black U next to flight. here is the issue. I am not an MVP Gold....my wife is an MVP and has a separate reservation on the same flight and I see the same MVP Gold Guest Upgrade option next to her reservation too. We both do have the BofA Alaska Card. I don't recall any benefit like this associated with the card? Any info?
If you haven't received an upgrade code from an MVP Gold, then disregard the link.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 2:25 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, DL, Marriott, Hilton Honors Gold, AMEX Membership Rewards
To utilize the MVPGold Upgrade it requires a code--about 16 digits that is given to MVP Golds; we get 4 each year we quilify for Gold status. So unless Alaska Airlines gives you the electronic certificate (the code) you are not able to utilize the "Guest Upgrade" option.
I hope this helps
Old Jul 3, 2012, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A little bit of miles and points scattered everywhere
ok thanks, thought this was too good to be true. for my wife who is an MVP it appears if there is an upgrade available it is done automatically. is this the case? is it for her and all passengers on her itinerary as well?
Old Jul 3, 2012, 2:53 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by koctail
ok thanks, thought this was too good to be true. for my wife who is an MVP it appears if there is an upgrade available it is done automatically. is this the case? is it for her and all passengers on her itinerary as well?
its just for her. MVP's don't get guest or companion upgrades.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.