Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pet Peeves in F

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2012, 8:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.583 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

I think we've had a thread on this before but 4F today on AS5 was especially annoying...as she was trimming her nails while waiting for takeoff during the morning rush hour- as we were #11.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 9:16 am

Programs: Soon to be Gold again!
When I'm in Row 1 and the person behind me uses my headrest as a handrail to help them get in/out of their seat. With the additional legroom, I don't think using my seat in this fashion is necessary...less so on a redeye when I'm sleeping.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 9:38 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, UA Club Lifer, MC Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MSObelle
When I'm in Row 1 and the person behind me uses my headrest as a handrail to help them get in/out of their seat. With the additional legroom, I don't think using my seat in this fashion is necessary...less so on a redeye when I'm sleeping.
This is a problem no matter what row one is in. I compare it to people tapping their foot on the back of my seat or my armrest. These folks just don't realize what effect their actions are having on others. It's annoying. But my wife says I've become an old codger and need to relax a bit and go with the flow. . .
Old Jun 13, 2012, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by beckoa
I think we've had a thread on this before but 4F today on AS5 was especially annoying...as she was trimming her nails while waiting for takeoff during the morning rush hour- as we were #11.
Dude, I think it's a guy.

But not 100% sure.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 10:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by jackal
Dude, I think it's a guy.

But not 100% sure.
Now that I've been up in the cabin- you might be correct

However the hands were very feminine when I saw them earlier in the manicure process
Old Jun 13, 2012, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Yes there are armrests-

I do tend to bump reclined pax when moving out of window seats if they are in full recline- not much we can do unless AS increases seat pitch.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
We don't get to try F until October - but I'm reading all this so I can prepare to be upset!! :-)
Old Jun 13, 2012, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
Yes there are armrests-

I do tend to bump reclined pax when moving out of window seats if they are in full recline- not much we can do unless AS increases seat pitch.
I actually never recline my seat. The reason I say this is a F class peeve is because there is enough legroom not to have to do this...whereas in coach, it's expected.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 1:25 pm

Programs: AS 75K, DL Plat, AA, WN, Hertz, HHonors, Marriott
I actually never recline my seat. The reason I say this is a F class peeve is because there is enough legroom not to have to do this...whereas in coach, it's expected.
I usually recline about 1/3 - 1/2 of the way. IMO, row 1 shouldn't recline at all.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 2:32 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Those headrest grabbers are definitely annoying.

However, I'll see your grabbers and raise you the cretins who try to use one of my F armrests as an ottoman for their bare feet. They don't 'try' for long once I've noticed.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by beckalodeon

However, I'll see your grabbers and raise you the cretins who try to use one of my F armrests as an ottoman for their bare feet. They don't 'try' for long once I've noticed.
That is foul. I've yet to encounter that...though usually I am on one of the ANC-SEA redeyes when I get my F upgrade.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 5:03 pm

Programs: AS , AA, Hilton, Hyatt, Kimpton, Hertz
Originally Posted by hgdf
I usually recline about 1/3 - 1/2 of the way. IMO, row 1 shouldn't recline at all.
Ok I will bite. Was is that?? No difference in pitch between rows, 2,3 or 4.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 7:12 pm

Programs: AS 75K, DL Plat, AA, WN, Hertz, HHonors, Marriott
Originally Posted by NotHome
Ok I will bite. Was is that?? No difference in pitch between rows, 2,3 or 4.
I was hoping you'd ask. Allow me to explain:

In row 1, there's nobody in front of you who can recline into your space, so it's kind of unfair that you get to recline into row 2 without any fear of reciprocity. If row 2 reclines, then row 3 can do likewise and pay it rearward by reclining into row 4. Row 4 is the one row that may recline with impunity since it only encroaches in Y, which may as well be another dimension.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 7:18 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by hgdf
I was hoping you'd ask. Allow me to explain:

In row 1, there's nobody in front of you who can recline into your space, so it's kind of unfair that you get to recline into row 2 without any fear of reciprocity. If row 2 reclines, then row 3 can do likewise and pay it rearward by reclining into row 4. Row 4 is the one row that may recline with impunity since it only encroaches in Y, which may as well be another dimension.
I don't always recline because the person in front of me reclines (though that does happen sometimes). On redeyes I recline so I can rest more comfortably and that is true whether I am in row 1 or 21.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 7:42 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by beckalodeon

Seat grabbers are bad, particularly when they're getting up from an aisle. I've had a couple recently, but both walked with effort so I figured they needed the support.

I have never had a foot encroach on my armrest, thankfully...I thought bare feet on the bulkhead wall was bad.

Not particularly a pet peeve, but amusing to me: the dance of who's first/next for the lav in F since "no line may form."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.