Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Airlines Canadian MasterCard

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2018, 2:32 pm

I think you can still apply for the card via Great Canadian Rebates, it's still showing up there and when you click to apply it'll bring you to the MBNA application:
https://www.greatcanadianrebates.ca/...aska-Airlines/
Old Mar 21, 2018, 3:06 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Yes, can confirm card is still available in Canada and eligible for GCR rebate. Applied last week through GCR portal, received instant approval, and just got an email from GCR today confirming the rebate was posted.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 12:57 pm

damn...not seeing it on the MBNA site is worrisome. going to check my files at home to see when I last cancelled it, as I was nearing one more kick at the can. just clicked on the GCR site and it looks like you can still apply there.

not to sound alarmist, but if this card goes...the game is really becoming more limited.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 1:07 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
I cancelled my last card(s) in January.

I've seen reports that new MBNA applications within 3 months (?) of closing an account can result in that old account being reactivated (for no bonus start-up points, of course).
Not sure how firm that 3 months is, and if it applies every time.

Trying to decide whether to reapply now, through GCR link, or if I need to wait.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 4:58 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
A data point. The card application was not available on my last 2 flights. Flight attendant only had USA applications.

i agree with the poster above, flights last year out of YYJ were never competitive with Delta. However I have found a few this year that have been priced better.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by grandgourmand
damn...not seeing it on the MBNA site is worrisome. going to check my files at home to see when I last cancelled it, as I was nearing one more kick at the can. just clicked on the GCR site and it looks like you can still apply there.

not to sound alarmist, but if this card goes...the game is really becoming more limited.
The Alaska card hasn't been available on the MBNA site for months - nothing indicative of a vanishing act; the app page has always been available from a link on the Alaska Air site and others like gcr.
pokee likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 9:35 pm

I understand that this card is officially not available in Quebec. Is there anyway I could get it in Quebec?
​​​​​​​
Old Apr 4, 2018, 9:50 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by robsaw
The Alaska card hasn't been available on the MBNA site for months - nothing indicative of a vanishing act; the app page has always been available from a link on the Alaska Air site and others like gcr.
I don't think that this card is disappearing. I just got my new one in the mail as the old one is expiring.

The new one has the new american styled blue cosmetic. The sleek black look is going to be extinct soon.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 9:57 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by joseph789
I understand that this card is officially not available in Quebec. Is there anyway I could get it in Quebec?
As discussed on the previous two pages of this thread, the card does not appear to be unavailable in Quebec.
But you may need to be at a computer outside of Quebec, or on a VPN, for the website to appear.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 10:14 pm

Thank you, jerry305.
I will try when I am outside of Quebec. Sorry for being redundant. I did not see the earlier posts about Quebec.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by jerry305
I cancelled my last card(s) in January.

I've seen reports that new MBNA applications within 3 months (?) of closing an account can result in that old account being reactivated (for no bonus start-up points, of course).
Not sure how firm that 3 months is, and if it applies every time.

Trying to decide whether to reapply now, through GCR link, or if I need to wait.
I'm wondering this too. I cancelled January 22nd after holding approx six months.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 2:30 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
I live in Quebec, got the application offer after signing up for a mileage plan account, no VPN. Got the card no problem about 3 months ago,
Old Apr 29, 2018, 8:45 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, United Premier Silver
So weird, so I applied through the GCR link, and website confirmed that I was approved for "MBNA Platinum Plus® Mastercard®". Did anyone else get this? No mention of Alaska anywhere in the approval.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by nli007
So weird, so I applied through the GCR link, and website confirmed that I was approved for "MBNA Platinum Plus® Mastercard®". Did anyone else get this? No mention of Alaska anywhere in the approval.
Uh oh...that doesn't sound good...

I don't see the Alaska credit card app on the MBNA website, and can't seem to find it on GCR anymore, either...

What is going on with this card?????
Old Apr 30, 2018, 1:29 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by pokee
Uh oh...that doesn't sound good...

I don't see the Alaska credit card app on the MBNA website, and can't seem to find it on GCR anymore, either...

What is going on with this card?????
Still available on GCR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.