Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Airlines Canadian MasterCard

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2018, 8:46 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
It should post after your first statement closes. It may take up to a week to see it in your Mileage Plan account but will be dated on the closing date. My statement closes on the 23rd of each month but it usually posts to MP on the evening of the 27th.

James
+1.
I've seen that consistently.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 12:39 am

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by JJonahJ

It's not discontinued nor a dead link, it's missing, right?

Most likely reason why you don't see the MBNA Alaska Airines card listed is because your IP address is Quebec based.

People who live in a border town such as Hull, QC have crossed over to Ottawa, ON and with a new Ontario ISP connection they can then see the Alaska card listed at the GCR site.

This behavior started when MBNA changed it from first purchase to now requiring $1000 minimum spending.
Just to be clear, can we we still get this card if we reside in Quebec?

As far as I understand, the worry about pending QC legislation in 2017 regarding FF miles never really materialized so there shouldn't really be any problem, right...?
Old Mar 13, 2018, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by neos

As far as I understand, the worry about pending QC legislation in 2017 regarding FF miles never really materialized so there shouldn't really be any problem, right...?
I don't think the QC block has nothing to do with the legislation. As a Quebec resident, every time I apply for this card (I never get approved automatically online), they ask me why I would need this card since I'm located in Quebec and Alaska is not flying to Quebec. Every time I explain that I use this card to get AA flights.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 10:44 am

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by neos

That, I'm not certain of. Need some QC'ers to chime in. All I know is that the card disappeared from GCR at around the same time that bill/regulation became a topic, last year.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 10:57 am

Can I share the same Mileage Plan account with my spouse when applying for her credit card? Ie. put my mileage plan number on her credit card application?

Thanks!
Old Mar 16, 2018, 11:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by jonlai9
Can I share the same Mileage Plan account with my spouse when applying for her credit card? Ie. put my mileage plan number on her credit card application?

Thanks!
If you are the primary on the credit card and she is an Authorized User, then yes.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by beckoa
If you are the primary on the credit card and she is an Authorized User, then yes.
I meant whether we could have the points deposited into the same account if we are both churning. Based on your answer I'm guessing that's a no?
Old Mar 16, 2018, 11:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
I meant whether we could have the points deposited into the same account if we are both churning. Based on your answer I'm guessing that's a no?
Unless you want to anger Chester and risk having both accounts shut down, I'd avoid this.
jerry305 likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
Unless you want to anger Chester and risk having both accounts shut down, I'd avoid this.
Thanks, but who's Chester?
Old Mar 16, 2018, 12:57 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Google it, man.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 1:13 am

Thanks, but who's Chester?
Old Mar 17, 2018, 12:53 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
Is there a worry that this card is going away? On my last Alaska flight they were trying to push the credit card but they only had US applications and no Canadian applications.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by smilee
Is there a worry that this card is going away? On my last Alaska flight they were trying to push the credit card but they only had US applications and no Canadian applications.
Do they usually advertise the Canadian version onboard?

Also, interestingly the card is not visible on mbna's website anymore.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by agjil
Do they usually advertise the Canadian version onboard?

Also, interestingly the card is not visible on mbna's website anymore.
yep, they were usually pushing the CAD apps on flights from YVR...

I just checked mbna.ca... It's gone alright. NOOOO!!!! i was planning another churn in several months!!!

Last edited by pokee; Mar 21, 2018 at 11:37 am
Old Mar 21, 2018, 2:11 pm

Alaska has not been price competitive out of YVR at all. This card must have been a money hole with all the churning and minimal spending

Removed off the site even with a B.C. IP address and gems such as the I travel 2000 card showing does not bode well

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.