Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Airlines Canadian MasterCard

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2017, 4:43 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by Smiley90
How did you guys activate the card online? it only lets you input the card number&name for new card activation and since that's the same it just keeps giving me "card is already activated"..... how do I replace my card info online? How did you activate the card? rather confused at the moment.
It is already activated. Same pin as your old card. It is just a replacement of your previous card. The first time you use it, you have to sign and after that, you use it as normal.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by Finkface
It is already activated. Same pin as your old card. It is just a replacement of your previous card. The first time you use it, you have to sign and after that, you use it as normal.
Alright I'll try that, thanks! The letter that came with it said to active online, which... didn't work.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 5:31 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by Smiley90
Alright I'll try that, thanks! The letter that came with it said to active online, which... didn't work.
As did mine and I got the same result as you when I tried to activate online. So I just went and used it and it worked as above.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 10:15 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Westjet Gold, Skymiles, Alaska MP, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Amex MR
Going to slide into this thread. I just completed my minimum spend in the first month and I can see my points in MBNA's rewards portal online, but can anyone tell me from experience when they'll post to my Alaska account? I assumed at the latest, it would post on the statement date (which was a couple of days ago), but my Alaska account still shows nothing.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by davesmunroe
Going to slide into this thread. I just completed my minimum spend in the first month and I can see my points in MBNA's rewards portal online, but can anyone tell me from experience when they'll post to my Alaska account? I assumed at the latest, it would post on the statement date (which was a couple of days ago), but my Alaska account still shows nothing.
It posts the Sunday following the statement date.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 8:32 pm

Programs: AS; Aeroplan; Hilton (Diamond); Marriott (Platinum);
How long are people waiting before reapplying these days ? 3 months? Any data points are appreciated .
Old Nov 8, 2017, 8:53 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
My statement ending period is the 23rd of each month and the miles Post to my MileagePlan account 7 days later dated the 23rd. It seems to be a pretty consistant 7 day posting time for all of my accounts. (3×CAD, 2XUS)

James
Old Nov 9, 2017, 12:57 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Westjet Gold, Skymiles, Alaska MP, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Amex MR
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
My statement ending period is the 23rd of each month and the miles Post to my MileagePlan account 7 days later dated the 23rd. It seems to be a pretty consistant 7 day posting time for all of my accounts. (3×CAD, 2XUS)

James
Thanks James - I'll watch out for this
Old Nov 19, 2017, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by banffflyr
How long are people waiting before reapplying these days ? 3 months? Any data points are appreciated .
Im curious for the same info as well
Old Nov 20, 2017, 9:15 am

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
When I got my first MBNA Alaska MC, Alaska partnered with Delta, and I could fly from YWG, usually through MSP or ORD.
Now, that partnership is gone.

To my knowledge, Alaska only flies out of YVR, YEG and YYC.
Has anyone had any luck departing from other Canadian cities?
Is there a post that covers this?
Old Nov 20, 2017, 12:59 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by jerry305
When I got my first MBNA Alaska MC, Alaska partnered with Delta, and I could fly from YWG, usually through MSP or ORD.

There is also AA, but YWG is probably one of the biggest Canadian airports not to have any AA flights.

I suppose one could stash away AS points and use them for a nice overseas flight after finding another way of getting to a hub. You could also drive down to MSP. But I haven't convinced myself that either approach is worth it yet, though.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 2:39 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by heraclitus
There is also AA, but YWG is probably one of the biggest Canadian airports not to have any AA flights.

I suppose one could stash away AS points and use them for a nice overseas flight after finding another way of getting to a hub. You could also drive down to MSP. But I haven't convinced myself that either approach is worth it yet, though.
True. (Or Fargo, sometimes.) Thanks.
Yes, I may look to hoard for an overseas flight (assuming I'm heading west, not east, since almost everything goes through Seattle).
Old Nov 20, 2017, 11:37 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jerry305

They also fly out of YLW & YYJ (Kelowna & Victoria) I am in YLW and love AS, only ever been on AC once and despise WestJet. I am usually flying to or through the US, no family east of BC so AS serves me well. Despite currency fluctuations, I still find a lot of value in AS especially with my 5 Companion Certificates each year which saves me thousands of dollars and an opportunity to sit up front. Great redemptions for international destinations with their partners too.
pokee likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
They also fly out of YLW & YYJ (Kelowna & Victoria) I am in YLW and love AS, only ever been on AC once and despise WestJet. I am usually flying to or through the US, no family east of BC so AS serves me well. Despite currency fluctuations, I still find a lot of value in AS especially with my 5 Companion Certificates each year which saves me thousands of dollars and an opportunity to sit up front. Great redemptions for international destinations with their partners too.
Curious why you despise WestJet? I hear such good things about them. I mostly travel on AS, as well, so I'm always curious about stories on other airlines...

I also enjoy travel on AS. For some reason, they seem to give me what I expect from an airline. I flew AC recently, and it was such a gong show (rude FAs, weird food, delayed flights) - but I don't fly with them enough to form a solid opinion either way...
Hyacinthe likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by banffflyr
I applied for my latest card(received a few weeks ago) after closing my previous 3 months earlier.
Just received my first statement.The 25k points showed up on my rewards account.Just waiting for them to transfer to Alaska Airlines.Oddly enough,my 1003 earned points has already been transferred....not the 25k.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.