Alaska Airlines Canadian MasterCard

Old Aug 1, 2013, 11:49 am

Programs: CX Gold/UA*G/HH Gold/Marriott Plt/SPG Gold/
BoA Canada ----> MBNA/TD

I haven't received any notification yet about my account, but it seems BoA has sold/transferred the Canadian version of the card to MBNA. (maybe as of Aug. 1st?) The link on Alaska's website now for Canadian card applications directs to an application with MBNA/TD. The card seems to be available now in both World Elite (high income req.) and Platinum. All the benefits look the same (miles, fees etc.) For fun, tried to register for online access but to no success. This might be good news for anyone (like me!) who have been yearning for online access again. Hopefully it comes soon.

Not sure what this means though for present cardholders. Has anyone received any word from BoA/MBNA about their accounts? Is it likely to be transferred to MBNA, grandfathered with BoA for present cardholders?
Old Aug 1, 2013, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by canuck84
I haven't received any notification yet about my account, but it seems BoA has sold/transferred the Canadian version of the card to MBNA. (maybe as of Aug. 1st?) The link on Alaska's website now for Canadian card applications directs to an application with MBNA/TD. The card seems to be available now in both World Elite (high income req.) and Platinum. All the benefits look the same (miles, fees etc.) For fun, tried to register for online access but to no success. This might be good news for anyone (like me!) who have been yearning for online access again. Hopefully it comes soon.

Not sure what this means though for present cardholders. Has anyone received any word from BoA/MBNA about their accounts? Is it likely to be transferred to MBNA, grandfathered with BoA for present cardholders?
Interesting but the application seems to be very unclear
The link is here: https://www.applyonlinenow.com/CACCa...=CPYY&lc=en_CA

Still makes no sense because there are two versions of the cards, yet the signup and annual fees and the benefits don't differ?
Old Aug 1, 2013, 12:11 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Very interesting. It says this:

Secure 24-hour online access to your account information

And this, which indicates it is now TD......

By clicking this box and continuing with this application, I consent to The Toronto-Dominion Bank providing to me in electronic form on this website this Information Box and the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Terms included at the end of the application form, all of which is also set out under Legal Disclosures. MBNA is a division of The Toronto-Dominion Bank.

I might try applying and see if the online access really works.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 12:19 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
its a bit of a cluster at the moment. There was a last minute delay on the bank side that happened too late for us to pull the links from our website code release yesterday.

The actual transition will happen on August 12. Things will be clearer then.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 12:23 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Thanks for the clarification. Any idea if this means online access will return for current cardholders? The MBNA ones? Or will it only apply to new cards issued by TD? I will apply for a new one and cancel my MBNA one if this is the case.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by missydarlin
its a bit of a cluster at the moment. There was a last minute delay on the bank side that happened too late for us to pull the links from our website code release yesterday.

The actual transition will happen on August 12. Things will be clearer then.
Thanks for the update
Old Aug 8, 2013, 1:25 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

The BofA phone rep said that letters have been mailed instructing users how to access their online card accounts.

He predicts by end of august everyone will be able to use online account manager with their alaska card.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by AMRivlin
The BofA phone rep said that letters have been mailed instructing users how to access their online card accounts.

He predicts by end of august everyone will be able to use online account manager with their alaska card.
Yay! I have hung in there waiting for this on my Canadian BofA card. Although I did just apply for the TD AS card. Another 25K never hurts. And I have the American BofA version as well.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 1:42 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Finkface
Yay! I have hung in there waiting for this on my Canadian BofA card. Although I did just apply for the TD AS card. Another 25K never hurts. And I have the American BofA version as well.
Where does one get a TD AS card?
Old Aug 8, 2013, 2:33 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG, Marriott, Hilton, Alaska
I have recently dropped this card - not worth the annual fee at the moment for us.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by AMRivlin
Where does one get a TD AS card?
Here, https://www.applyonlinenow.com/CACCa...=CPYY&lc=en_CA

It seems they are transitioning but read the Information Box:

By clicking this box and continuing with this application, I consent to The Toronto-Dominion Bank providing to me in electronic form on this website this Information Box and the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Terms included at the end of the application form, all of which is also set out under Legal Disclosures. MBNA is a division of The Toronto-Dominion Bank.

It also says it has online access.

Here is a thread (page 9): http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...l#post21197397
Old Aug 8, 2013, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by zussino
I have recently dropped this card - not worth the annual fee at the moment for us.
25,000 miles for $75 is worth it. I give the companion certs to friends. Cancel and reapply. Rinse and repeat. I keep one going for the 3 miles per $1 spent on AS.

I have 2 (now 3 if the TD one really is TD) Canadian and 1 US version. Mr. Fink has 2 Canadian.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 6:00 pm

Programs: Alaska airlines, airmiles
On Line Access Restored

Fantastic news, I went to my MBNA homepage, and my Alaska Airlines Mastercard account is now listed along with my other MBNA account. A year of statements is available for download.

We are Back!!
Old Aug 11, 2013, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by neilnco
Fantastic news, I went to my MBNA homepage, and my Alaska Airlines Mastercard account is now listed along with my other MBNA account. A year of statements is available for download.

We are Back!!
We are indeed back! I tried to log in and could not so instead tried to create a new log in. It found me from the info I entered and reinstated my old log in. Great news!
Old Aug 11, 2013, 7:06 pm

So no changes to the signup offer and benefits?

Just you give your info to MBNA/TD?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.