Alaska Airlines Canadian MasterCard

Old Mar 11, 18, 8:46 pm
  #1156  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Canadia
Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Posts: 1,981
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun View Post
It should post after your first statement closes. It may take up to a week to see it in your Mileage Plan account but will be dated on the closing date. My statement closes on the 23rd of each month but it usually posts to MP on the evening of the 27th.

James
+1.
I've seen that consistently.
jerry305 is offline  
Old Mar 13, 18, 12:39 am
  #1157  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: YUL
Programs: Marriott Plat Premier, HHonors Gold
Posts: 121
Originally Posted by JJonahJ View Post

It's not discontinued nor a dead link, it's missing, right?

Most likely reason why you don't see the MBNA Alaska Airines card listed is because your IP address is Quebec based.

People who live in a border town such as Hull, QC have crossed over to Ottawa, ON and with a new Ontario ISP connection they can then see the Alaska card listed at the GCR site.

This behavior started when MBNA changed it from first purchase to now requiring $1000 minimum spending.
Just to be clear, can we we still get this card if we reside in Quebec?

As far as I understand, the worry about pending QC legislation in 2017 regarding FF miles never really materialized so there shouldn't really be any problem, right...?
neos is offline  
Old Mar 13, 18, 10:36 am
  #1158  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 349
Originally Posted by neos View Post
Just to be clear, can we we still get this card if we reside in Quebec?

As far as I understand, the worry about pending QC legislation in 2017 regarding FF miles never really materialized so there shouldn't really be any problem, right...?
I don't think the QC block has nothing to do with the legislation. As a Quebec resident, every time I apply for this card (I never get approved automatically online), they ask me why I would need this card since I'm located in Quebec and Alaska is not flying to Quebec. Every time I explain that I use this card to get AA flights.
emilio911 is offline  
Old Mar 13, 18, 10:44 am
  #1159  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: YYZ-ish
Programs: *void
Posts: 2,227
Originally Posted by neos View Post
Just to be clear, can we we still get this card if we reside in Quebec?

As far as I understand, the worry about pending QC legislation in 2017 regarding FF miles never really materialized so there shouldn't really be any problem, right...?
That, I'm not certain of. Need some QC'ers to chime in. All I know is that the card disappeared from GCR at around the same time that bill/regulation became a topic, last year.
JJonahJ is online now  
Old Mar 16, 18, 10:57 am
  #1160  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 11
Can I share the same Mileage Plan account with my spouse when applying for her credit card? Ie. put my mileage plan number on her credit card application?

Thanks!
jonlai9 is offline  
Old Mar 16, 18, 11:25 am
  #1161  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ANC, MRI
Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Posts: 41,588
Originally Posted by jonlai9 View Post
Can I share the same Mileage Plan account with my spouse when applying for her credit card? Ie. put my mileage plan number on her credit card application?

Thanks!
If you are the primary on the credit card and she is an Authorized User, then yes.
beckoa is offline  
Old Mar 16, 18, 11:29 am
  #1162  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 11
Originally Posted by beckoa View Post
If you are the primary on the credit card and she is an Authorized User, then yes.
I meant whether we could have the points deposited into the same account if we are both churning. Based on your answer I'm guessing that's a no?
jonlai9 is offline  
Old Mar 16, 18, 11:44 am
  #1163  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ANC, MRI
Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Posts: 41,588
Originally Posted by jonlai9 View Post
I meant whether we could have the points deposited into the same account if we are both churning. Based on your answer I'm guessing that's a no?
Unless you want to anger Chester and risk having both accounts shut down, I'd avoid this.
jerry305 likes this.
beckoa is offline  
Old Mar 16, 18, 12:34 pm
  #1164  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 11
Originally Posted by beckoa View Post
Unless you want to anger Chester and risk having both accounts shut down, I'd avoid this.
Thanks, but who's Chester?
jonlai9 is offline  
Old Mar 16, 18, 12:57 pm
  #1165  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Canadia
Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Posts: 1,981
Google it, man.
jerry305 is offline  
Old Mar 17, 18, 1:13 am
  #1166  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ANC, MRI
Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Posts: 41,588
Originally Posted by jonlai9 View Post
Thanks, but who's Chester?
beckoa is offline  
Old Mar 17, 18, 12:53 pm
  #1167  
Hyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Victoria, B.C.
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
Posts: 1,699
Is there a worry that this card is going away? On my last Alaska flight they were trying to push the credit card but they only had US applications and no Canadian applications.
smilee is offline  
Old Mar 19, 18, 7:09 am
  #1168  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,658
Originally Posted by smilee View Post
Is there a worry that this card is going away? On my last Alaska flight they were trying to push the credit card but they only had US applications and no Canadian applications.
Do they usually advertise the Canadian version onboard?

Also, interestingly the card is not visible on mbna's website anymore.
agjil is online now  
Old Mar 21, 18, 11:30 am
  #1169  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: YVR
Posts: 1,787
Originally Posted by agjil View Post
Do they usually advertise the Canadian version onboard?

Also, interestingly the card is not visible on mbna's website anymore.
yep, they were usually pushing the CAD apps on flights from YVR...

I just checked mbna.ca... It's gone alright. NOOOO!!!! i was planning another churn in several months!!!

Last edited by pokee; Mar 21, 18 at 11:37 am
pokee is offline  
Old Mar 21, 18, 2:11 pm
  #1170  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: YVR to SEA
Posts: 2,379
Alaska has not been price competitive out of YVR at all. This card must have been a money hole with all the churning and minimal spending

Removed off the site even with a B.C. IP address and gems such as the I travel 2000 card showing does not bode well
crimsona is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: