Alaska Airlines Canadian MasterCard

Reply

Old Feb 12, 18, 4:47 pm
  #1141  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: yvr
Posts: 79
"Let's say I apply again, prior to the expiry of the companion fare I already have, anyone know if a 2nd companion fare code will successfully load? And can I use two at once? (perhaps in separate transactions, only?)"

I can also confirm this. It was a couple of years ago, but I had 2 companion fare codes and I used both for same flights. I did have to do it separately (in pairs).
CanuckFan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 18, 10:35 am
  #1142  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: YVR
Posts: 1,759
Originally Posted by CanuckFan View Post
"Let's say I apply again, prior to the expiry of the companion fare I already have, anyone know if a 2nd companion fare code will successfully load? And can I use two at once? (perhaps in separate transactions, only?)"

I can also confirm this. It was a couple of years ago, but I had 2 companion fare codes and I used both for same flights. I did have to do it separately (in pairs).
Awesome! That's great news - thanks!
pokee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 18, 9:29 pm
  #1143  
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Programs: AA Plat SPG Gold
Posts: 291
Anybody still getting automatic declines applying through GCR:

"We appreciate your interest, however we are unable to approve your application at this time. Thank you."

I called MBNA a week later this thing showed up, it looks like they never received my application through the web.
flyerhog is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 18, 2:47 am
  #1144  
wkc
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: HKG, JFK, YVR
Programs: CX, BA
Posts: 45
Originally Posted by flyerhog View Post
Anybody still getting automatic declines applying through GCR:

"We appreciate your interest, however we are unable to approve your application at this time. Thank you."

I called MBNA a week later this thing showed up, it looks like they never received my application through the web.
I got this too after submitting an application.

Gave a call in, the CS agent had to leave a note to the new accounts / credit analyst department to see what they could do for me. The CS agent said that it might have happened because the system knows I had cancelled this card in the past and I had to wait 1 year before reapplying again. Not sure if he is just misinformed or this is a new policy; I wouldn't be surprised if they've started to clamp down on churners doing the 1-month spend & 3-month wait pattern.
wkc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 18, 9:55 am
  #1145  
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Programs: AA Plat SPG Gold
Posts: 291
Originally Posted by wkc View Post
I got this too after submitting an application.

Gave a call in, the CS agent had to leave a note to the new accounts / credit analyst department to see what they could do for me. The CS agent said that it might have happened because the system knows I had cancelled this card in the past and I had to wait 1 year before reapplying again. Not sure if he is just misinformed or this is a new policy; I wouldn't be surprised if they've started to clamp down on churners doing the 1-month spend & 3-month wait pattern.
One year?! That's a bit steep, thanks for the heads up anyways.
flyerhog is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 18, 12:27 pm
  #1146  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: YVR
Posts: 1,759
Originally Posted by wkc View Post
I got this too after submitting an application.

Gave a call in, the CS agent had to leave a note to the new accounts / credit analyst department to see what they could do for me. The CS agent said that it might have happened because the system knows I had cancelled this card in the past and I had to wait 1 year before reapplying again. Not sure if he is just misinformed or this is a new policy; I wouldn't be surprised if they've started to clamp down on churners doing the 1-month spend & 3-month wait pattern.
Yeah, I usually wait a year before reapplying, but I was hoping to reapply again earlier.

Hoping someone who's not waited the full year will let us know if they had any luck.
pokee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 18, 6:21 pm
  #1147  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 349
Originally Posted by pokee View Post
Yeah, I usually wait a year before reapplying, but I was hoping to reapply again earlier.

Hoping someone who's not waited the full year will let us know if they had any luck.
MBNA are totally unpredictable. They once got rejected for Alaska because I didn't use my BestWestern card enough.... go figure.
emilio911 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 18, 9:00 pm
  #1148  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 349
Is the Alaska card discontinued? Why is the GCR link dead?
emilio911 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 18, 10:04 pm
  #1149  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Canadia
Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Posts: 1,923
Originally Posted by emilio911 View Post
Is the Alaska card discontinued? Why is the GCR link dead?
Worked for me.
Do you have an old link?
jerry305 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 18, 10:19 pm
  #1150  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 349
Originally Posted by jerry305 View Post
Worked for me.
Do you have an old link?
​​​​
Could you share the link? Either DM or here.

Thanks!
emilio911 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 18, 10:34 pm
  #1151  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Canadia
Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Posts: 1,923
Originally Posted by emilio911 View Post
​​​​
Could you share the link? Either DM or here.

Thanks!
I just searched for "Alaska" in the search bar at GCR.
It returned this link...

Cash Back Rebate: $60.00
https://www.greatcanadianrebates.ca/...aska-Airlines/
jerry305 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 18, 6:01 am
  #1152  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: YYZ-ish
Programs: *void
Posts: 2,217
Originally Posted by emilio911 View Post
Is the Alaska card discontinued? Why is the GCR link dead?
It's not discontinued nor a dead link, it's missing, right?

Most likely reason why you don't see the MBNA Alaska Airines card listed is because your IP address is Quebec based.

People who live in a border town such as Hull, QC have crossed over to Ottawa, ON and with a new Ontario ISP connection they can then see the Alaska card listed at the GCR site.

This behavior started when MBNA changed it from first purchase to now requiring $1000 minimum spending.
JJonahJ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 18, 9:06 am
  #1153  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 349
Smile

Originally Posted by JJonahJ View Post

It's not discontinued nor a dead link, it's missing, right?

Most likely reason why you don't see the MBNA Alaska Airines card listed is because your IP address is Quebec based.

People who live in a border town such as Hull, QC have crossed over to Ottawa, ON and with a new Ontario ISP connection they can then see the Alaska card listed at the GCR site.

This behavior started when MBNA changed it from first purchase to now requiring $1000 minimum spending.
D**n! Your're 100% right! I just turned on my VPN (Toronto server) and I can see it!

Last edited by emilio911; Mar 10, 18 at 9:19 am
emilio911 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 18, 7:23 pm
  #1154  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: YBA / YYC
Programs: AS; Aeroplan; Hilton (Diamond); Marriott (Gold);
Posts: 326
Any recent data points on how long sign up points take to post? Just met min spend in month #1 . Thx!
banffflyr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 18, 7:55 pm
  #1155  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: British Columbia
Programs: AA, AS Gold 75K, BA, QF, SQ, Marriott Platinum Premiere
Posts: 2,065
Originally Posted by banffflyr View Post
Any recent data points on how long sign up points take to post? Just met min spend in month #1 . Thx!
It should post after your first statement closes. It may take up to a week to see it in your Mileage Plan account but will be dated on the closing date. My statement closes on the 23rd of each month but it usually posts to MP on the evening of the 27th.

James
Flying for Fun is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread