Alaska Airlines Canadian MasterCard

Old Feb 12, 18, 4:47 pm

"Let's say I apply again, prior to the expiry of the companion fare I already have, anyone know if a 2nd companion fare code will successfully load? And can I use two at once? (perhaps in separate transactions, only?)"

I can also confirm this. It was a couple of years ago, but I had 2 companion fare codes and I used both for same flights. I did have to do it separately (in pairs).
Old Feb 13, 18, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by CanuckFan View Post
"Let's say I apply again, prior to the expiry of the companion fare I already have, anyone know if a 2nd companion fare code will successfully load? And can I use two at once? (perhaps in separate transactions, only?)"

I can also confirm this. It was a couple of years ago, but I had 2 companion fare codes and I used both for same flights. I did have to do it separately (in pairs).
Awesome! That's great news - thanks!
Old Feb 21, 18, 9:29 pm

Programs: AA Plat SPG Gold
Anybody still getting automatic declines applying through GCR:

"We appreciate your interest, however we are unable to approve your application at this time. Thank you."

I called MBNA a week later this thing showed up, it looks like they never received my application through the web.
Old Feb 23, 18, 2:47 am
wkc

Programs: CX, BA
Originally Posted by flyerhog View Post
Anybody still getting automatic declines applying through GCR:

"We appreciate your interest, however we are unable to approve your application at this time. Thank you."

I called MBNA a week later this thing showed up, it looks like they never received my application through the web.
I got this too after submitting an application.

Gave a call in, the CS agent had to leave a note to the new accounts / credit analyst department to see what they could do for me. The CS agent said that it might have happened because the system knows I had cancelled this card in the past and I had to wait 1 year before reapplying again. Not sure if he is just misinformed or this is a new policy; I wouldn't be surprised if they've started to clamp down on churners doing the 1-month spend & 3-month wait pattern.
Old Feb 23, 18, 9:55 am

Programs: AA Plat SPG Gold
Originally Posted by wkc View Post

Gave a call in, the CS agent had to leave a note to the new accounts / credit analyst department to see what they could do for me. The CS agent said that it might have happened because the system knows I had cancelled this card in the past and I had to wait 1 year before reapplying again. Not sure if he is just misinformed or this is a new policy; I wouldn't be surprised if they've started to clamp down on churners doing the 1-month spend & 3-month wait pattern.
One year?! That's a bit steep, thanks for the heads up anyways.
Old Feb 23, 18, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by wkc View Post

Yeah, I usually wait a year before reapplying, but I was hoping to reapply again earlier.

Hoping someone who's not waited the full year will let us know if they had any luck.
Old Feb 27, 18, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by pokee View Post
Yeah, I usually wait a year before reapplying, but I was hoping to reapply again earlier.

Hoping someone who's not waited the full year will let us know if they had any luck.
MBNA are totally unpredictable. They once got rejected for Alaska because I didn't use my BestWestern card enough.... go figure.
Old Mar 9, 18, 9:00 pm

Is the Alaska card discontinued? Why is the GCR link dead?
Old Mar 9, 18, 10:04 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by emilio911 View Post
Worked for me.
Do you have an old link?
Old Mar 9, 18, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by jerry305 View Post
Worked for me.
Do you have an old link?
​​​​
Could you share the link? Either DM or here.

Thanks!
Old Mar 9, 18, 10:34 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
​​​​
Could you share the link? Either DM or here.

Thanks!
I just searched for "Alaska" in the search bar at GCR.
It returned this link...

Cash Back Rebate: $60.00
https://www.greatcanadianrebates.ca/...aska-Airlines/
Old Mar 10, 18, 6:01 am

Programs: *void
It's not discontinued nor a dead link, it's missing, right?

Most likely reason why you don't see the MBNA Alaska Airines card listed is because your IP address is Quebec based.

People who live in a border town such as Hull, QC have crossed over to Ottawa, ON and with a new Ontario ISP connection they can then see the Alaska card listed at the GCR site.

This behavior started when MBNA changed it from first purchase to now requiring $1000 minimum spending.
Old Mar 10, 18, 9:06 am

Smile

Originally Posted by JJonahJ View Post

It's not discontinued nor a dead link, it's missing, right?

Most likely reason why you don't see the MBNA Alaska Airines card listed is because your IP address is Quebec based.

People who live in a border town such as Hull, QC have crossed over to Ottawa, ON and with a new Ontario ISP connection they can then see the Alaska card listed at the GCR site.

This behavior started when MBNA changed it from first purchase to now requiring $1000 minimum spending.
D**n! Your're 100% right! I just turned on my VPN (Toronto server) and I can see it!

Last edited by emilio911; Mar 10, 18 at 9:19 am
Old Mar 11, 18, 7:23 pm

Programs: AS; Aeroplan; Hilton (Diamond); Marriott (Gold);
Any recent data points on how long sign up points take to post? Just met min spend in month #1 . Thx!
Old Mar 11, 18, 7:55 pm

Programs: AA, AS Gold 75K, BA, QF, SQ, Marriott Platinum Premiere
Originally Posted by banffflyr View Post
Any recent data points on how long sign up points take to post? Just met min spend in month #1 . Thx!
It should post after your first statement closes. It may take up to a week to see it in your Mileage Plan account but will be dated on the closing date. My statement closes on the 23rd of each month but it usually posts to MP on the evening of the 27th.

James

Search this Thread