Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Airlines Canadian MasterCard

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2016, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by robsaw
Anyone seeing their points transferring late for Dec? Mine typically post before month-end with an MBNA transfer date of Dec 21?
yeah mine haven't posted at all yet, after posting 1 day after my due date in November (~15th)

I'll give it until this month's due date to see what happens then I'll call

glad to hear I'm not the only one though
Old Jan 10, 2016, 6:26 am

data point

1/4 statement date
1/5 saw PDF/email of statement, with correct Alaska # (as I called in Dec to correct it)
1/10 saw +25K points added correctly (5 days, not bad)

Now, only thing left is missing $60 rebate from GCR
I already filed missing rebate, GCR said MBNA doesn't have me on their approval list so GCR'll request again
Old Jan 10, 2016, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by robsaw
Anyone seeing their points transferring late for Dec? Mine typically post before month-end with an MBNA transfer date of Dec 21?
Points finally posted Jan 9 about 2 weeks later than typical for the monthly posting, but that was after I sent an email to mileage.plan a couple of days earlier; might be a coincidence.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by jerryhung
data point

1/4 statement date
1/5 saw PDF/email of statement, with correct Alaska # (as I called in Dec to correct it)

I already filed missing rebate, GCR said MBNA doesn't have me on their approval list so GCR'll request again
Good to know...my statement date is 1/14 - and they got my Alaska# correct - so hoping my 25K are in there next week. I want to book a flight...!

My GCR rebate was missing, too - but they were really quick to get it sorted out once I reported it.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 10:27 am

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
I signed up for my card in November. Neither my November or December statement miles or the 25k bonus have posted to my AS account.

For my statement ending 15th January - those miles from that statement credited without issue next day on 16th Jan.

MBNA insists they sent the November and December miles to AS. AS says they have no idea what's going on.

Hopefully by time we hit February (4th month since sign up) they'll be able to credit the sign up bonus, but it's taken 4 calls and still nothing so far.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by SamuelS
I signed up for my card in November. Neither my November or December statement miles or the 25k bonus have posted to my AS account.

For my statement ending 15th January - those miles from that statement credited without issue next day on 16th Jan.

MBNA insists they sent the November and December miles to AS. AS says they have no idea what's going on.

Hopefully by time we hit February (4th month since sign up) they'll be able to credit the sign up bonus, but it's taken 4 calls and still nothing so far.
Make sure they have put the correct AS number in. IMO this has been too long
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:01 am

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Originally Posted by alexisonsmith
Make sure they have put the correct AS number in. IMO this has been too long
Verified and they do, and the Jan miles did post to my AS account with no issue, just the Nov/Dec miles and sign up bonus. Will see what happens over next week or two!
Old Jan 20, 2016, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by jerryhung
data point

1/4 statement date

1/6 submitted missing rebate to GCR
1/20 saw my $60 GCR rebate email (good surprise)

so fast, only because I got in before they submitted the Jan list
BTW we have not sent out January’s list yet so all your dates in the schedule will be 1 month earlier. It is just a formality we do not expect problems.
vs. Standard procedure
What Happens Next?
1. We will send all missing rebates collected this month to MBNA on February 1st because they investigate a batch at a time.
2. MBNA will reply in the second half of February. Sometimes at the very end.
3. We will post your rebate into your account when they reply if yours is accepted.
4. We will waive the 45 day wait so you can be paid on March 15.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 11:14 pm

Account cycled Jan 18....points(including 25k bonus) posted to Alaska mileage acct Jan 23.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 11:53 am

Looks like MBNA is starting to closeout previous alaska cards if you decide to open up a new one. This happened to my wife and myself during this last round. I am thinking it's may be it's best to make sure your previous card is open for at least six months before opening a new one in case they cancel the card on you and it doesn't reflect poorly on your credit score.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by bjywong
Looks like MBNA is starting to closeout previous alaska cards if you decide to open up a new one. This happened to my wife and myself during this last round. I am thinking it's may be it's best to make sure your previous card is open for at least six months before opening a new one in case they cancel the card on you and it doesn't reflect poorly on your credit score.
As long as they wait till the 25,000 sign-up points are awarded....saves a phone call later !
Old Feb 16, 2016, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by jubberly
Account cycled Jan 18....points(including 25k bonus) posted to Alaska mileage acct Jan 23.
2nd opened account cycled Feb 8....25k points posted Feb 14.

2 econ.return SEA-LAS direct flights in Spring break booked.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by jubberly
2nd opened account cycled Feb 8....25k points posted Feb 14.

2 econ.return SEA-LAS direct flights in Spring break booked.
Two applications within two months ?
Old Feb 16, 2016, 6:49 pm

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by rodriarano
Some people have done 4 within a week.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by rodriarano
Yah...needed to get 50k points quick-time for Vegas baby!

Looks like GCR $60 credit(for the 2nd appp.) coming thru March 15.

For the 1st app.submitted a report for missing rebate....currently pending.

Will wait till summer to close the 2 cards then submit apps # 3 and 4 for Vegas at Christmas!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.