Alaska Airlines Canadian MasterCard

Old Dec 17, 15, 12:08 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, BONVOY GOLD
Originally Posted by jerryhung View Post
Canceled March 2015

Applied 11/27, pending, I called in trying to clear things but got disconnected and haven't called since
Card arrived today 12/17 by itself (World Elite), mere $2500 limit (fine by me)
No GCR $60 rebate email yet though
had to create new online login @@ what a bad system

No Alaska # to enter during application nor seen on the CC = I hope they auto-match my account correctly...
They should auto match correctly.

I also didn't get the GCR, had to wait 30 days, then sent in the missing rebate request, they posted it within the week after that.

I also couldn't add my card to my current MBNA profile, but I didn't set up a new Login. When I tried a second time to add to my profile (a week later) it let me...
Old Dec 17, 15, 12:30 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Called MBNA today. The AS number they had on file was nothing close to my number. Was wondering why the sign up bonus and spend miles were missing in action.

They updated the AS number today.

So - crux of the story - always call MBNA to verify/update your AS MP number as it seems it doesn't input correctly from the application.
Old Dec 18, 15, 10:04 am

discovered by RFD

GCR seems to have new conditions on all MBNA CC @@ cashback for NEW clients only
I better get my $60 (applied Nov 27)!!!! maybe I'll argue my last one was only Platinum, while new one is World Elite :P

http://www.greatcanadianrebates.ca/d...aska-Airlines/
• Available to new credit cardholders only
• Cash Back available by Paypal, Amazon Gift Code or by cheque*.
• Cash Back will be paid out after minimum 45 days following confirmation from MBNA*.
• Cash Back Offer may end at any time at the discretion of GCR.
• Cash Back Offer available to GCR members only.

Last edited by jerryhung; Dec 21, 15 at 1:29 pm
Old Dec 21, 15, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by jerryhung View Post
discovered by RFD

GCR seems to have new conditions on all MBNA CC @@ cashback for NEW clients only
I better get my $60 !!!! maybe I'll argue my last one was only Platinum, while new one is World Elite :P

http://www.greatcanadianrebates.ca/d...aska-Airlines/
I got my $60 CB Dec 1 and I am not a new cardholder - so this change must be very recent...I'd say if you've already clicked/applied, you should be okay.
Old Dec 21, 15, 11:31 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska, SPG, Marriott
Probably a result of folks applying for 2, 3, 4 of these in quick succession...?

Moderation does not seem to exist in the vocabulary of some.
Old Dec 22, 15, 12:24 pm

Good thing I called to correct my Alaska FFP # as it was wrong (probably a new one, starting 147)
she asks me to verify on my 1st statement as well
Fingers crossed

Now hoping for $60 GCR rebate, for the final time
Old Dec 22, 15, 3:05 pm

I've received my bonus points, but they won't be posted until my next statement. I was trying to confirm that my card is tied to my current mileage plan number (I entered this upon application, but we all know that doesn't mean anything), but the MPN is not listed anywhere on my rewards page for my card (only the points earned). Does anyone know if there's a spot you can see it online, or if you have to wait to get your paper statement to confirm what mileage plan account the points have been posted to?
Old Dec 22, 15, 5:59 pm

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by pokee View Post
I've received my bonus points, but they won't be posted until my next statement. I was trying to confirm that my card is tied to my current mileage plan number (I entered this upon application, but we all know that doesn't mean anything), but the MPN is not listed anywhere on my rewards page for my card (only the points earned). Does anyone know if there's a spot you can see it online, or if you have to wait to get your paper statement to confirm what mileage plan account the points have been posted to?
The only way is to see it on your statement (paper or PDF). The other way is to call MBNA and ask a rep...some ask me to read it to them, while others are fine to read it back to me. I prefer to do this phone confirmation AFTER the card has been issued, versus before, because as we all know, whatever is listed in the application file does not necessarily get transferred (keyed in) to the card account correctly.
Old Dec 22, 15, 8:39 pm

MBNA's website doesn't mention it, but I was wondering if the first year's annual fee is waived for this card.
Does anyone know?
Old Dec 22, 15, 8:55 pm

Not waived. Possibly due to companion fare compensation
Old Dec 23, 15, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by crimsona View Post
Not waived. Possibly due to companion fare compensation
Thanks.
If anyone has experience with waived first year's annual fee, please let us know.
Old Dec 26, 15, 10:44 am

Programs: Aeroplan, BONVOY GOLD
Odd... My statesman was generated a few days ago with 1st purchase, showed:

Bonus points: 25000
Regular Points: 3
Points transferred to Alaska: 0

My Alaska # is correct, wondering why it wouldn't transfer them right after 1st statement.
Old Dec 26, 15, 11:53 am

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by coleworld View Post
Odd... My statesman was generated a few days ago with 1st purchase, showed:

Bonus points: 25000
Regular Points: 3
Points transferred to Alaska: 0

My Alaska # is correct, wondering why it wouldn't transfer them right after 1st statement.
Pretty sure we've seen the same, with our past few card applications. It's like they take a snapshot right after awarding the 25,000 into the account, but before they actually transfer to AS, and never update that activity again.

Give it a few days (last year it was over a week) to see the points actually moved into your Mileage Plan account. Try on Sunday, for eg.
Old Dec 26, 15, 9:17 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Delta Plat, HHonors Gold, NEXUS, Marriott Silver
Good to know... I'm waiting for the points to transfer over, but haven't seen them yet... Will keep checking for them
Old Jan 2, 16, 11:00 pm

Anyone seeing their points transferring late for Dec? Mine typically post before month-end with an MBNA transfer date of Dec 21?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: