Alaska Airlines Canadian MasterCard

Old Jan 13, 2015, 10:41 am

Thanks JJ.

I called TD/MBNA today. They have the right account attached to it. Sounds like they see the points as being awarded on their system. I applied (and was approved) for the card on Dec. 18th. I guess next billing cycle is when they deposit the points into my MP account?
Old Jan 13, 2015, 11:14 am

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by grandgourmand
Thanks JJ.

I called TD/MBNA today. They have the right account attached to it. Sounds like they see the points as being awarded on their system. I applied (and was approved) for the card on Dec. 18th. I guess next billing cycle is when they deposit the points into my MP account?
Yes and NO, well, most probably. Ultimately, we are dealing with TD's inept systems now, so no guarantees!

If you see the points in your statement, wait 4-9 days to see them when you are logged into your AS account.

Did you get your next billing date? Probably Jan 17th...just a wild guess.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 6:58 am

Programs: Enough
Another data point: Bill posted on Jan 12, points in AS 14.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 3:04 pm

Smile Hooray!!

Originally Posted by prmetime
Another datapoint for those of you who have signed up for this credit card.

- Applied with instant approval Nov 28/14
- Received credit card Dec 8/14 and started using right away. Unable to set up online account. Called CS x 2 who stated it may take up to 1 month and they will phone me once this is done.
- Received first paper statement Jan 2/15 with statement date of Dec 23/14. Mileage plan number checked and correct. Base mile xxx and bonus miles 25000. Miles shared with AS 0. Still no ability to have account online. No companion fare showing in account.

Obviously MBNA still having issues with this transition.
One last update. Phoned in once again to CS after getting same error message today. The agent said they were finding that customers who accessed their accounts by phone and entered their PIN were sometimes having issues creating an online account. She removed my PIN and I was able to set up online access. She then sent my call to recreate my PIN as though I was activating the account. I can finally put this issue to rest.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 12:46 pm

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by prmetime
One last update. Phoned in once again to CS after getting same error message today. The agent said they were finding that customers who accessed their accounts by phone and entered their PIN were sometimes having issues creating an online account. She removed my PIN and I was able to set up online access. She then sent my call to recreate my PIN as though I was activating the account. I can finally put this issue to rest.
But, it's still a separate MBNA.ca account for the new AS MC, right?
i.e. you still can't add your new card to an existing MBNA.ca account setup for your other older/existing MBNA cards?
Old Jan 17, 2015, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by JJonahJ
i.e. you still can't add your new card to an existing MBNA.ca account setup for your other older/existing MBNA cards?
Funny you should ask. I opened an account when I got the card the first time. I cancelled the card last fall after Mr prmetime opened his. His account was attached to mine. I reapplied in November and am not able to attach my new card. According to CS it's because the account is in his name !!
Old Jan 26, 2015, 6:24 pm

Unfortunately no new data points

My wife billing date is Jan 12...still no points posted

Mine is Jan 20....ditto

Spoke to MBNA and they say points transferred to AS. Talk to AS and they say "up to 6 weeks" before they post. I normally don't sweat the timing but I have a redemption plan coming up soon. Hope they're just under promising to over deliver.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 9:26 pm

Programs: AS MVP
For an older existing account, Jan. 10....ditto.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by JJonahJ
I was able to add my AS MC to an existing account. This was right around the time of the TD changeover. I kind of wish I would have created a new account though, as it doesnt work well with my Mint account at all.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 8:09 pm

Unfortunately no new data points

My wife billing date is Jan 12...still no points posted

Mine is Jan 20....ditto

Spoke to MBNA and they say points transferred to AS. Talk to AS and they say "up to 6 weeks" before they post. I normally don't sweat the timing but I have a redemption plan coming up soon. Hope they're just under promising to over deliver.
Billing date Jan 19. Still no points. But it take me 9 business days the last time, so I will take a wait and see approach for now...
Old Jan 28, 2015, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by bjywong
Billing date Jan 19. Still no points. But it take me 9 business days the last time, so I will take a wait and see approach for now...
"the last time" as in, for an app that was made after the systems conversion? If so, that's not a bad data point. Fingers crossed.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 8:48 am

Same billing date as me and no points either BUT it took 2 days (not business days but over the weekend) last time. Has been relatively quick for me lately but always by the end of the month.

Update: Points received at Alaska Jan 30 (billing date Jan 19)

Last edited by robsaw; Jan 30, 2015 at 1:54 pm
Old Jan 28, 2015, 5:22 pm

"the last time" as in, for an app that was made after the systems conversion? If so, that's not a bad data point. Fingers crossed.
Yes, after the system conversion.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 6:16 pm

Just an update on my situation: Got my 25k sign up bonus exactly 9 business days after the billing date.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 9:09 am

It appears that holders of the U.S. AS credit card are getting their first checked bag free for travel Feb 1 - April 30/15. Any word if we will be getting the same?

http://www.alaskaair.com/content/dea...=Announcements

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.