Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Airlines Canadian MasterCard

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2014, 12:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by monkeygirl
I have a Alaska card that I signed up for last November (around the 20th), but TD charged me the annual fee on my October 6th statement! When I called in, they said too bad.

I was wondering when does the renewal companion fare code get deposited? Or should I give up and just cancel the card? I have a few days left before it's due. Or does TD do partial year refund if I cancel in say sometime in December?
I'm confused. Were you waiting for the renewal code to post before canceling? Or you just have a trip you want to book?
Old Oct 26, 2014, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by mangosalad
Any idea if GCR will be coming back with the $60 for this card?
For anyone waiting to apply, the GCR page now states:

"MBNA CARD OFFERS WILL BE BACK IN NOVEMBER"
Old Oct 26, 2014, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by SurlyJoe
For anyone waiting to apply, the GCR page now states:

"MBNA CARD OFFERS WILL BE BACK IN NOVEMBER"
^ Thanks!
Old Oct 26, 2014, 10:02 pm

What has been people's experience so far with churning this card now that it has transitioned to TD? Has it been easy enough to apply for multiples of the same card and to move credit to open additional accounts?
Old Oct 30, 2014, 12:33 pm

Also curious how churnable the card is since moving to TD.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by Coolers
I applied 9/12 I believe. Apparently all MBNA credit approval systems were put on hold as of that date as part of the transition to TD. Should have applied one day earlier... There's no way for agents to manually put through the queued applications. Anyone considering an application may want to hold off until early October to see how things play out.
AwardWallet notified me of the 25k MBNA miles posting to my AS account today. No GCR credit nor am I hopeful for a delayed posting.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by Coolers
AwardWallet notified me of the 25k MBNA miles posting to my AS account today. No GCR credit nor am I hopeful for a delayed posting.
Why not call/email GCR with the reference number and proof of your new AS credit card and see what they say? I find they are pretty responsive the past few times I've emailed them.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

I'm confused. Were you waiting for the renewal code to post before canceling? Or you just have a trip you want to book?
Well after multiple calls into MBNA Canada one rep said too bad, another said if I wanted to get the whole annual fee back I would need to cancel the card and they will research to see if I used the 2nd year's companion fare before issuing a credit and another offered me $20 off the annual fee as a rebate.

After 3 reps, I got extremely different answers from each. I was personally hoping for the renewal companion fare before cancelling, but it sounds like it will be a headache. My planned trip is also coming up soon in Jan so I wasn't sure if $75+companion fare+price increases (esp if the companion fare doesn't post until December) would actually work out to be cheaper than just booking now.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 11:55 am

I finally received my MBNA card in the mail this week after apply for this card back on Sept 28. I thought the application got lost during the transition so it was a nice surprise. I also received my first statement showing the $75 fee due and the 25,000 welcome bonus points.

However, I have not seen the points deposited to my mileage balance on the Alaska Airlines site. How long does this typically take after the card is received?

I will also have to follow up with GCR about the $50 rebate once their system are back up and running.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by bjywong
. I also received my first statement showing the $75 fee due and the 25,000 welcome bonus points.

However, I have not seen the points deposited to my mileage balance on the Alaska Airlines site. How long does this typically take after the card is received?
I should also add that the statement says 25,000 Bonus Miles but for "Miles shared with Alaska Airlines" is says 0.

Do I need to transfer these to Alaska Airlines somehow?
Old Nov 8, 2014, 12:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E

. I also received my first statement showing the $75 fee due and the 25,000 welcome bonus points.

I should also add that the statement says 25,000 Bonus Miles but for "Miles shared with Alaska Airlines" is says 0.

Do I need to transfer these to Alaska Airlines somehow?
Did they open a new mileage account for you?
Old Nov 8, 2014, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa

Did they open a new mileage account for you?
Nope. I had created one on my own prior to applying for the card.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 12:58 pm

I finally received my MBNA card in the mail this week after apply for this card back on Sept 28. I thought the application got lost during the transition so it was a nice surprise. I also received my first statement showing the $75 fee due and the 25,000 welcome bonus points.

I will also have to follow up with GCR about the $50 rebate once their system are back up and running.
One should
- create Alaska account, get # to input during CC application
- see 25K posted to Alaska
- Then GCR $60 rebate posted
- before receiving the card

At least that was my experiences (both times)
Follow up with MBNA then
Old Nov 8, 2014, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by jerryhung
One should
- create Alaska account, get # to input during CC application
- see 25K posted to Alaska
- Then GCR $60 rebate posted
- before receiving the card

At least that was my experiences (both times)
Follow up with MBNA then
OK thanks I will give them a call. Weird thing is that the points show up on the MBNA rewards website...
Old Nov 8, 2014, 11:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Silver, Aeroplan 25K, DVC
Originally Posted by prmetime
Anyone try to download their new statement to Quicken? I just did and it transposed my payments with my charges and vice versa. I'm using Quicken cash manager 2014.
I just ran into this today. I called MBNA and they said they would pass it on to the technical support group and get back to me. I pointed out to them that the card is useless to me if I can't get transaction downloads to work properly and will be cancelling the card prior to my annual fee coming due Nov 20 if this isn't fixed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.