Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Airlines Canadian MasterCard

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2014, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by crimsona
You have taken my post way out of context
Well, you didn't post with any context (i.e. relevant quote) so I assumed it was in response to the immediately previous post. If it wasn't then I apologize for jumping to conclusions.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by robsaw
They say it "should" be up later today or tomorrow.

Why NO proper notice on the web-site that it is down and not just some individual error?

TOTAL FAIL for TD/MBNA.
Still down (Thurs 10/2) - they really must be struggling.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 10:57 am

MBNA's site is up, and has been for a while. 2 of my accounts are working perfectly fine.

However for my Alaska card I encountered an error when generating security questions, and that account seems to have permanent issues. If anybody else is in the same boat, I don't think the site is down, but our accounts are corrupted somehow.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 11:09 am

However for my Alaska card I encountered an error when generating security questions, and that account seems to have permanent issues. If anybody else is in the same boat, I don't think the site is down, but our accounts are corrupted somehow.
Interesting - I think you have it. I registered my Alaska Card first (have other accounts as well) and have not been able to actually get in to site. As soon as I authenticate my user id, I get this message:

Sorry, we are experiencing technical difficulties, please try again later.

Since I cannot get into site I cannot register other accounts.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by todd-r
Interesting - I think you have it. I registered my Alaska Card first (have other accounts as well) and have not been able to actually get in to site. As soon as I authenticate my user id, I get this message:

That's the error I get after logging with my ORIGINAL MBNA login

so I gave up and registered a NEW one (and 5 security questions) for my NEW Alaska card and all is good, updated my income to above $60K too hoping for an upgrade offer

You need 1 login per MBNA card I believe anyway, no more 1 login for all MBNA cards
Old Oct 2, 2014, 11:55 am

MBNA's site is up, and has been for a while. 2 of my accounts are working perfectly fine.
Are these under the same User ID? Or do you have an User ID per credit card account?
Old Oct 2, 2014, 12:12 pm

Are these under the same User ID? Or do you have an User ID per credit card account?
Unable to add multiple accounts under same user ID. <username> was taken as I have it reserved on TD easyweb I believe.

I now have <username>1, <username>2 and trying to get <username>3 but it failed and is now stuck in limbo
Old Oct 2, 2014, 12:18 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska, Marriott
the application server seems to be dead.
many of the mbna.ca links to apply for new cards are broken
Old Oct 2, 2014, 12:38 pm

UPDATE! Possible fix for this error below.

Called in (for the 3rd time) and had them check and RE-ENTER some of personal information (email address and she may have re-entered other fields as well). The CSR stated that when people were calling in to Re-enrol they "had to reformat some customer information". I only know for sure that my email was re-entered and I could then immediately log-in. The reason I suspected the email was because when using the "forgot username link" it reported me email as invalid. Perhaps a good check to try.

Yup, that's what I get too. If I go on to a different browser or computer, it will pop-up a verification question (as expected) and then fail with the above message. MBNA customer service is clueless. I think there are some corrupted accounts as other people can definitely get on - but this is a MASSIVE IT FAIL for TD.

Last edited by robsaw; Oct 2, 2014 at 1:23 pm
Old Oct 2, 2014, 5:46 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by robsaw
Are you talking about the new-new online system (as of Sep 30, which I cannot log into) or the old-new system going back a year or so? In the latter case, the "rewards" always showed as "expired" or somesuch, since that is when they were removed from MBNA and transferred to Alaska. An anomoly of the MBNA rewards system due to it setup to track both MBNA's own rewards as well as Alaska and other loyalty points/rewards.
It is on the new system. I preferred the old login. It took me a while (and changing my email address?) to register after Sept 30th and see my balance/transactions.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 8:24 am

Clicked the Log In button this am and got this message:

"Online Banking Services is currently experiencing a system outage. We appreciate your patience as we are working to resolve the situation as quickly as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused."

As a side note - this isn't exactly online banking. It's a single account access enquiry service (if it ever works)!

I agree with others - EPIC FAIL. Surely whatever massive issue(s) they are having would have been caught through a thorough QA process. I guess they didn't have a roll-back plan.

Last edited by todd-r; Oct 3, 2014 at 8:31 am
Old Oct 3, 2014, 8:30 am

Unable to add multiple accounts under same user ID. <username> was taken as I have it reserved on TD easyweb I believe. I now have <username>1, <username>2 and trying to get <username>3 but it failed and is now stuck in limbo
At least we now know. Obviously this was not clear in any of the pre-conversion communication they posted/distributed. This morning, first click on Log In button pops up this message:

"To enroll in Online Banking, please select a unique login name that hasn't been used online. You will need one unique login name for each credit card account."
Old Oct 3, 2014, 9:16 am

"To enroll in Online Banking, please select a unique login name that hasn't been used online. You will need one unique login name for each credit card account."
Which, is itself a massive FAIL for an "upgraded" on-line "banking" system.

I did get on for a few minutes yesterday and noticed a few other basic issues that should have been caught with even a moderate QA check:
- there is a link to add additional accounts, which we know is not actually possible for one login account.
- the profile info form is badly formatted and mixes what appears to be authorized cardholder and primary cardholder into one section of the form.
- the overall layout and navigation is simply poor - it looks like they tried to shoehorn the old system layout into an existing system with minimal actual redesign using current web-design/human factors principles.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 12:55 pm

New ERROR messages today.

Click Log In button:

We're currently experiencing an issue with our system that is affecting a small percentage of our customers. We appreciate your patience as we work towards a solution.

Click Log In link in that message (confusing, I know):

This Web Service is currently not available. Service will be restored shortly so please try again later. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Ce service Web n’est pas disponible actuellement. Le service sera r�tabli bient�t ainsi veuillez essayer de nouveau plus tard. Nous nous excusons pour le d�sagr�ment.

missing in cloneSetting094066cf-d926-48cc-ac10-1f64801b9f10

missing in cloneSetting094066cf-d926-48cc-ac10-1f64801b9f10
Old Oct 3, 2014, 12:58 pm

And yet another one:

Internal Server Error - Read
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Reference #3.867ffea5.1412362629.73b16c3

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.