Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Airlines Canadian MasterCard

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2014, 6:21 am

Just apply with the optional insurance then call them up and cancel it straight away....I am trying to figure out If I can squeeze in two more apps before they transfer over to TD :S
Old Aug 21, 2014, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by alexisonsmith
Just apply with the optional insurance then call them up and cancel it straight away....I am trying to figure out If I can squeeze in two more apps before they transfer over to TD :S
As a point of reference, I had cancelled this card last week. When asked, customer service indicated that if I reapplied within three months that my cancelled card would be reopened.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by prmetime
As a point of reference, I had cancelled this card last week. When asked, customer service indicated that if I reapplied within three months that my cancelled card would be reopened.
I have not cancelled any cards yet......I opened o e two months ago and want to open two more before TD acquires Alaska
Old Aug 21, 2014, 8:11 am

TD acquired MBNA 3 years ago. Look at your statements, it even says MBNA is a division of TD
Old Aug 21, 2014, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by jerryhung
I cancelled my Elite last month (I said I don't want to pay annual fee) Only offer is to transfer to other no-fee MBNA cards like Rewards,
I had the same experience.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by prmetime
I was told the opposite; new applications are treated as new customers, regardless of prior status or time between account closures / openings. Guess I'm going to find out soon...
Old Aug 21, 2014, 11:01 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Mr. Fink and I just got our mailed notices of the changes on our current cards today. I had applied for new cards for both of us yesterday so we'll see what happens. Hoping to get at least one more out of them.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by YYZC2
I was told the opposite; new applications are treated as new customers, regardless of prior status or time between account closures / openings. Guess I'm going to find out soon...
Please let me know as I will apply as well if that is the case.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by crimsona
TD acquired MBNA 3 years ago. Look at your statements, it even says MBNA is a division of TD
Sort of true. TD acquired MBNA Canada nearly 3 years ago but that was without the Alaska Airlines card in the portfolio. The Alaska card was acquired from BofA Canada Bank in June 2013. Regardless, it is FAR too late to do anything "before TD acquires Alaska"!

The only thing changing with respect to the TD acquired MBNA cards in the near future is the transition of the on-line application and customer account system from the old BoA/MBNA system to what will presumably be something based on TD's systems.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by robsaw
Sort of true. TD acquired MBNA Canada nearly 3 years ago but that was without the Alaska Airlines card in the portfolio. The Alaska card was acquired from BofA Canada Bank in June 2013. Regardless, it is FAR too late to do anything "before TD acquires Alaska"!

The only thing changing with respect to the TD acquired MBNA cards in the near future is the transition of the on-line application and customer account system from the old BoA/MBNA system to what will presumably be something based on TD's systems.
Ok so now I am confused. Are we saying we will or will not be able to apply through GCR for an Alaska card with MBNA after Oct 1st?
Old Aug 21, 2014, 10:57 pm

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by robsaw
I concur...and I just wrote about this at the Milesbuzz thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...l#post23404074
Old Aug 22, 2014, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Thanks

I have not cancelled any cards yet......I opened o e two months ago and want to open two more before TD acquires Alaska
How do you open multiple cards under the same name?
Old Aug 22, 2014, 7:45 am

check out DCTA's site. He has done this multiple times....
Old Aug 22, 2014, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl
I'm trying to apply for this card online, and I can't proceed without ticking the box that says . . .
Originally Posted by margarita girl
But I don't want the optional insurance! What am I missing?
There is a Tick Box [ ] beside the word YES. If you don't see the box it is probably a browser issue. Also same if you cannot move past it. This box is not a mandatory field.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by Finkface
. . . I had applied for new cards for both of us yesterday so we'll see what happens.
Did you get an instant approval (does this happen?) or do they notify you by mail (or check the GCR site for approval status)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.