Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Airlines Canadian MasterCard

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2013, 10:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ D*G, AS MVPG, AF G, GHA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by bevvy5
Am I understanding that this should trigger an offer online or some sort of letter in the next while? Or do I still have to call in to bring it someone's attention..
As I said earlier, offers come in batches. Even if you raise it to an agent, they will tell you that you do not qualify yet.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 11:39 am

Programs: HH Gold; Fairmont Platinum; SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Finkface
It's the 5th bullet point on the list:
  • An annual coach Companion Fare from $110 (USD) ($99 base fare plus taxes and fees from $11 depending on your Alaska Airlines flight itinerary)
There must be different letters then as there is nothing in my letter about the Companion Fare. I just called in and was put on hold while the rep checked before confirming that the Companion Fare was still part of my package and that I would receive one on my current card anniversary.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 3:59 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by davvos
There must be different letters then as there is nothing in my letter about the Companion Fare. I just called in and was put on hold while the rep checked before confirming that the Companion Fare was still part of my package and that I would receive one on my current card anniversary.
On one of the other letters I received later, it said:
Good news! You are preapproved for an upgrade to the New World Elite Mastercard.
All the great benefits you curently receive with your credit card remain the same. (Second paragraph).

It then goes on to list the new benefits and the return of online access.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 1:49 pm

I received my shiny black World Elite card in the mail yesterday.
It looks just like the one in the picture
Old Sep 13, 2013, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by todd-r
I received my shiny black World Elite card in the mail yesterday.
It looks just like the one in the picture
Yep, mine came today.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 5:33 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by bevvy5
Yep, mine came today.
Same here. Pretty black card arrived today.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 2:46 am
Original Poster

It seems that MBNA has had their second batch of offers. For those who have inputted the necessary income requirements, go check to see if you have been offered 10K ASmi and the WorldElite Mastercard via Rewards > Exclusive Offers (Learn More)

Old Sep 18, 2013, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by deasine
It seems that MBNA has had their second batch of offers. For those who have inputted the necessary income requirements, go check to see if you have been offered 10K ASmi and the WorldElite Mastercard via Rewards > Exclusive Offers (Learn More)

No offer for me since I'm already World Elite
should've input lower income on my application

I changed income online, but guess that didn't work, ha ha

Old Sep 18, 2013, 10:14 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Where do I change the income?
Old Sep 18, 2013, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by AMRivlin
Where do I change the income?
Login,
Click on your card accout,
Select "Account Services" tab,
Click on "Update my personal information".
Old Sep 18, 2013, 1:20 pm

Programs: CX Gold/UA*G/HH Gold/Marriott Plt/SPG Gold/
My income meets the requirements but after speaking to an agent they refused to budge. They said the offers come in batches and that an upgrade has not been approved for me.

He said the reason is that my account is relatively new. When I told them that my spouse who has a lower income received the upgrade offer - he couldn't explain.

He said I could apply for a new card and I might receive the upgrade that way, but I may be offered the upgrade before the new card arrives.

So puzzling....
Old Sep 18, 2013, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by deasine
Thanks for the heads up. I just upgraded my wife's card that was just opened in August, and definitely didn't have the upgrade offer when I checked this past weekend. I had lowered my wife's stated income during the initial app to ensure she doesn't get the World Elite MC, then corrected the values after activating the card in late August.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 3:18 pm

Programs: CX Gold/UA*G/HH Gold/Marriott Plt/SPG Gold/
Originally Posted by nabeelj
Thanks for the heads up. I just upgraded my wife's card that was just opened in August, and definitely didn't have the upgrade offer when I checked this past weekend. I had lowered my wife's stated income during the initial app to ensure she doesn't get the World Elite MC, then corrected the values after activating the card in late August.

That confuses me even more then as I have had my card since June. They told me I didn't qualify yet as my account was too new - even though they acknowledge I meet the income requirement etc.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 6:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

In the US don't we need an account a year before modifying it? perhaps Canada has something similar?
Old Sep 19, 2013, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

In the US don't we need an account a year before modifying it? perhaps Canada has something similar?
I don't think the same policy exists in Canada. What I think is the transition to MBNA hasn't been as smooth as it really should have been and as long as your incomes are within the system, you should receive the offer soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.