FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   Pancakes... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1335928-pancakes.html)

mczlaw Apr 14, 2012 1:14 pm

Pancakes...

For all you "chip"-sters, maybe something new to chew on...

Is it just me, or have the pancakes in the SEA and PDX BR become smaller lately? Seems they went from a standard 3-4 inch size to silver dollars?

I'd be outraged, but I just can't find the energy for it ;). Instead of 2 this morning I had 4.

--mcz

Eastbay1K Apr 14, 2012 1:24 pm

Could you tell how full the batter-o-meter was? I've had irregular sized panqueues from a few of the machines, usually just before the machine was as dry as Joan Rivers' nether regions. (There - you see, now you don't want anymore! :D )

CDKing Apr 14, 2012 1:27 pm

I get anywhere from mini to bigger than the plates

beckoa Apr 14, 2012 3:40 pm

Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.261 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by CDKing
I get anywhere from mini to bigger than the plates

There is a panel that drops down- one can adjust the size there (I've seen it done)
The pancakes were of good size in SEA today...

jdromeo215 Apr 14, 2012 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa (Post 18393714)
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.261 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

There is a panel that drops down- one can adjust the size there (I've seen it done)
The pancakes were of good size in SEA today...

Correct, the size can be adjusted. What sometimes happens on those machines is the size is reset at random times...not sure how or why, but they are. If they seem small, get a large stack instead of a short stack. ;)

Did you know that those pancake machines have waffle attachments and can make waffles too.

OverThereTooMuch Apr 14, 2012 9:08 pm

Ok, this thread is making me hungry.

Where in the SEA BR is this wonderful contraption? And is it only out for breakfast? I've been there a few times (don't recall what time of day) and I don't think I've ever noticed it.

dgreen12 Apr 14, 2012 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by OverThereTooMuch (Post 18395050)

Where in the SEA BR is this wonderful contraption? And is it only out for breakfast? I've been there a few times (don't recall what time of day) and I don't think I've ever noticed it.

If we don't say, there won't be a line when we're there and want some pancakes. :D

It's on the second floor on the far side counter. Head for the television in the far corner and turn right. Or if you're getting food, go the long way out and it will be on the counter on the left

mczlaw Apr 14, 2012 10:22 pm

Go from F1 to F2, with an 3x past the mens room on the left. Only when the birdies tweet with the sun in east. But keep it yourself and fergodsakes don't call the airline!

--mcz

Aaron01 Apr 15, 2012 12:51 am

Pancake machine usually goes away at 1000 or so, sometimesthey leave it out later as I saw them putting the machine away in PDX at around 1130

Major G Apr 15, 2012 1:31 am

You have to go around the corner from the bagels on the first floor to find the pancake machine. There is no room for it in the usual snack area. Enjoy!;)

Glenn

Quattro Apr 15, 2012 8:22 am

Pretty much since the machines showed up the size has varied. I've been told it has to do with how much batter is left in the bag and the sizing setting behind the front panel. It hasn't really bothered me, I enjoy the unknown when I push that button.

Aaron01 Apr 15, 2012 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by Quattro (Post 18396825)
Pretty much since the machines showed up the size has varied. I've been told it has to do with how much batter is left in the bag and the sizing setting behind the front panel. It hasn't really bothered me, I enjoy the unknown when I push that button.

I don't think it has to do with the batter at all. I was trying to make 4 pancakes this AM but there was only enough batter left for 2, right after they changed it, I made 2 more and they were the same size.

OverThereTooMuch Apr 15, 2012 6:00 pm

There's more food upstairs? :eek: I wonder what else I've been missing.

And I demand afternoon pancakes! :mad:

CDKing Apr 17, 2012 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by OverThereTooMuch (Post 18399568)
There's more food upstairs? :eek: I wonder what else I've been missing.

Yep and during the afternoon, its usually a different soup on each floor

doubleA Apr 18, 2012 11:15 am

Seriously? Just make 2 more... or 4 more... of 20 more... they have a freakin' pancake machine, that's self service and on demand. It's ridiculously cool and unlike anything I've seen in any club in the world. Eat up!