Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Using multiple discount codes on Alaska Airlines website?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2012, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

I am trying to book a round trip flight for two people on alaskaair.com, using my $99 companion fare and a customer care e-certificate, but I can only enter one discount code when I try to purchase. I don't want to waste the companion fare by booking a one-way ticket for the same price as a round trip, and then using my e-certificate for the return (booked as a separate one-way trip).
Does anybody have a trick for using both discount codes, or am I stuck choosing only one of the two?
Old Mar 26, 2012, 6:38 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k
should be able to put that e-cert into your "my wallet" account. customer care may have to assist with that if it was issued 30+ days ago (i'm foggy on the rules). once you've put the funds in your my wallet acct, just apply the companion fare code, book your flights, and use my wallet funds when entering payment info.

i don't believe there's a way to use multiple discount codes on AS.com, but you can use an upgrade cert on a companion fare'd itinerary after ticketing.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

Well, I found my answer on the website about combining discount codes (not allowed on the same ticket), but I would still like to know if anybody has strategies for maximizing the savings from both discount codes for the same trip.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 7:45 pm

Programs: AA-EXP; UA-Silver; Bonvoy-Titanium
No you can't combine discount codes.. if you want to maximize a discount, book F

For credits you can stick the credit(s) in your "My Wallet" -- you can then combine 1 discount code (including the companion cert) with funds in there, on a new purchase.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 8:27 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
Originally Posted by evoG
should be able to put that e-cert into your "my wallet" account. customer care may have to assist with that if it was issued 30+ days ago (i'm foggy on the rules). once you've put the funds in your my wallet acct, just apply the companion fare code, book your flights, and use my wallet funds when entering payment info.

i don't believe there's a way to use multiple discount codes on AS.com, but you can use an upgrade cert on a companion fare'd itinerary after ticketing.
Are you sure you can credit e-certs (i.e. customer care issued) to My Wallet? If so, this is news to me.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ANC RED-EYE
Are you sure you can credit e-certs (i.e. customer care issued) to My Wallet? If so, this is news to me.
You are correct. I tried moving the customer care e-certificate to My Wallet, but I am unable, since the website requires PIN, which customer care e-certificates do not have.

Thanks for all of the ideas.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 3:27 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k
Originally Posted by ANC RED-EYE
hmmm... guess i was confused and the customer care e-certs really are discount codes unlike VDB vouchers which are funds and can go in my wallet. on the upside, though, the discount code reduces fare + taxes and is therefore worth slightly more than a voucher of the same nominal value you could deposit.

you could phone in and ask for help appying the e-cert to a companion reservation if you have no other way to use it, and ask them to waive the over-the-phone fee as you cannot apply both online, but they're so hamstrung in how they can apply electronic codes I doubt they'll be able to help. good luck. definitely use the companion fare for a roundtrip or longer itinerary rather than booking part of the trip with your customer care e-cert, unless it's an e-cert of really unusual size.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 5:28 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
E-Certs do not go into your My Wallet, but you can add them to your My Account Discount Codes. Go to your My Account, select Valid under Discount Codes, then select the link "Add a Discount Code".

Unfortunately, you can never use 2 Discount Codes at once. The only workaround would be to break up a flight into 2 one-ways or something similar, but with the Companion Cert there really is not a workaround here.

The nice thing with Ecerts is that the expiration date is a "book by" date and not a "travel by" date.

Good luck......
Old Oct 15, 2015, 12:34 pm

Programs: AS 75K, Delta Plat, AA 1MM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Any recent ideas of how to combine a Customer Care e-cert and a Companion pass together?
Old Oct 15, 2015, 1:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by Lancer99
Any recent ideas of how to combine a Customer Care e-cert and a Companion pass together?
Its just not possible.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 1:37 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by Lancer99
Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Its just not possible.
Nope. Believe me, I've tried.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.