Wiki Posts
Search

ANC MVPG Lunch on 3/23

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2012, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, SPG Gold, ICH P Club Plat, Hertz#1 5Star, Marriott Gold
ANC MVPG Lunch on 3/23

Wondering if any of you have any questions you want asked?

So far I have these

1. HUGE upgrade bug affecting second+ segments in all itineraries for all elites for 2 months. What happened? Why was there no communication?

2. Inability to book CX partner awards. What's the timeline for resolution? Why is there no communication?

3. Upgrade transparency: still no way to view your place on the list until you get to the gate, and the day of departure upgrade loophole STILL exists. What's being done? Why is there no communication?

4. Yanking of G/T fares from Guest Upgrades. We're still angry.

5. Are they actually thinking of limiting the B of A companion fare to Y only?
Old Mar 20, 2012, 6:03 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
excellent list. Most important to me are 3 and 4 if you don't end up getting a chance to ask all of them - maybe others can vote to help you with your priority order...of course, you should get your biggest questions answered first! Can't think of anything else more pressing currently.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 9:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.261 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Still can mention unreasonable Boardroom restrictions. That, G & T upgrade cert restriction, plus the 24 hour upgrade loophole are my issues...

Imagine AS will be promoting EK quite a bit...as they should be ^
Old Mar 21, 2012, 8:23 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by beckoa
Imagine AS will be promoting EK quite a bit...as they should be ^
Forgot to ask... Will the EK redemption chart include F cabin?
Old Mar 21, 2012, 11:46 am

Programs: AS MVPG, HH/SPG Peonium, Natl, Bud, Oregon Wines on Broadway Wineaux
Originally Posted by ANC RED-EYE
excellent list.
Seconded. Thanks for carrying the water for us on these issues ^
Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:04 pm
Suspended

Availability of awards on different carriers. I've tried flying to Europe twice to various different cities and they couldn't find availability on anything.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:47 pm

The old perennial: one-way partner awards.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 1:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.261 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by new2japan
Availability of awards on different carriers. I've tried flying to Europe twice to various different cities and they couldn't find availability on anything.
With AS partnering with 5 carriers to cross the pond not sure this will improve much unless they allow us to mix & match carriers.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by greybeardy
The old perennial: one-way partner awards.
Seconded, please. I haven't heard anything about this in years and it would at least be nice to have the question asked of those in the know.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 4:50 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, HH Diamond

With AS partnering with 5 carriers to cross the pond not sure this will improve much unless they allow us to mix & match carriers.
What about upgrades on Delta? I'm Gold 75K and rarely ever get upgraded on Delta hardware. Is Delta going to honor AS elites more than the "red headed stepchild" I always feel like?

Thanks
Old Mar 21, 2012, 4:52 pm

Programs: AS MVPG; WN A-List; Marriott Plat; IHG Plat; HH Diamond; all the rest
Great list.

Couple of comments/suggestions rather than questions:

1) continue to resist partners' fuel surcharges on award tickets. BA is dead to me.

2) from the Commission on Fun: how about expanding the QX beer of the month to 737 flights as a beer option? Eliminate one of the crappy macrobrews if there's a space/cost issue.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by shadowbozo

What about upgrades on Delta? I'm Gold 75K and rarely ever get upgraded on Delta hardware. Is Delta going to honor AS elites more than the "red headed stepchild" I always feel like?

Thanks
Upgrades are there and in place- we are just below all the DL elites. One trip this year I was upgraded on 5 of 6 segments. The other one 0 of 5...so YMMV.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 8:36 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
Positive feedback on the expanded BR hours. This has been very beneficial.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 7:13 am

Programs: MVP Gold
3. Upgrade transparency: still no way to view your place on the list until you get to the gate, and the day of departure upgrade loophole STILL exists. What's being done? Why is there no communication?

4. Yanking of G/T fares from Guest Upgrades. We're still angry.

These are my concerns and #4 especially...Thanks
Old Mar 22, 2012, 9:14 am

Programs: AS 75k, SPG Plat, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by baliktad
Forgot to ask... Will the EK redemption chart include F cabin?
+1. Although I shudder to think about the number of miles this will require.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.