Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 4, 2014, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
Apply from October 1 2017 for status match thru end of 2018.

JANUARY 2017 AS MATCH UPDATE

AS matches to MVPG75K, MVPG and MVP tiers

Alaskaair.com explanation and terms

Auto-response from [email protected]:

Thank you for your interest in our award winning Mileage Plan. If your request did not include a copy of both sides of your current elite card OR a screenshot of your digital elite membership card and a screen shot of your online account showing your name, current status and YTD miles flown please re-submit. Allow 2-4 weeks for processing once we have received your documents. When your Tier Match is complete, you'll receive a welcome email and can check your status at alaskaair.com/myaccount. Please note that Tier Matches can only be extended once during the life of your account and the status is valid through 12/31/2017. We look forward to welcoming you into our program and flying with you for many years to come! Also note, we only offer a Tier Match for: AeroMexico, Air Canada, American, Delta, Frontier, Hawaiian, Jet Blue, Southwest, United, and Virgin America
Attachments:
- Physical Elite Card (both sides) OR Screenshot of Digital Card
- Screenshot of online account with Name / Status / YTD miles flown
ID no longer required. Actual flying of a certain threshold is OFFICIALLY required for determining level of match. Only one match per lifetime of account.

Match to MVP status from:
Aeromexico Gold
Air Canada Altitude 25K (Prestige) and 35K
American Airlines AAdvantage Gold
Delta Silver Medallion
Frontier Elite
Hawaiian Pualani Gold
JetBlue TrueBlue Mosaic
Southwest A List
United Premier Silver and Premier Associate
Match to MVP Gold status from:
Aeromexico Platinum
Air Canada Altitude 50K
American Airlines AAdvantage Platinum
Delta Gold Medallion
Hawaiian Pualani Platinum
Southwest A-List Preferred
United Premier Gold
Match to Gold 75K status from:
Aeromexico Titanio
Air Canada Altitude 75K and 100K
American Airlines Platinum Pro, AAdvantage Executive Platinum, and ConciergeKey
Delta Platinum Medallion and Diamond Medallion
Southwest Companion Pass and A List Preferred (must hold both)
United Platinum, 1K, and Global Services

Ineligible Airline Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business unfortunately, we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who have elite status with [INSERT INELIGIBLE AIRLINE]."
Ineligible MP Address Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business, unfortunately we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who live outside of the Alaska Airlines route structure and therefore
we must decline your request for a Tier Match."
Print Wikipost

AS Status Match - 2018 and Earlier

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2017, 7:32 am

instead, I am curiously nervous. My MEX-SCL-IPC trip outbound is on Oct 10, and I am worrying day and night if my match does not go through I lose 50%+ miles... The match is by the date it is processed not the requested date right? So maybe I should request my match on 27th...
Old Sep 23, 2017, 3:08 pm

Programs: BART Platinum, AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by beyounged
instead, I am curiously nervous. My MEX-SCL-IPC trip outbound is on Oct 10, and I am worrying day and night if my match does not go through I lose 50%+ miles... The meatch is by the date it is processed not the requested date right? So maybe I should request my match on 27th...
Wow, that is definitely not something I’d lose sleep over. You’re talking about ~3,000 miles which, at best, is worth maybe 60 bucks.

I don’t think there’s a definitive answer over whether the Oct 1 cutoff applies to the request date or the process date, so I wouldn’t risk it unless you think you’ll be able to requalify organically for 2018 anyway.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by milypan
Wow, that is definitely not something I’d lose sleep over. You’re talking about ~3,000 miles which, at best, is worth maybe 60 bucks.

I don’t think there’s a definitive answer over whether the Oct 1 cutoff applies to the request date or the process date, so I wouldn’t risk it unless you think you’ll be able to requalify organically for 2018 anyway.

one way is 6000 miles so the difference is 6000 miles, about 100 bucks. No way I can organically qualify, so I guess I will have to request by Oct 1... uncharted waters do seem cruel.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 9:20 am

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by beyounged
instead, I am curiously nervous. My MEX-SCL-IPC trip outbound is on Oct 10, and I am worrying day and night if my match does not go through I lose 50%+ miles... The match is by the date it is processed not the requested date right? So maybe I should request my match on 27th...
I'm doing (SFO-)MEX-SCL-IPC on Oct 14 and returning on the 17th
But yes, the thought of the 12k bonus for the RT is something I'm mildly nervous about.

Reading back in this thread, it appears you can't submit your request a week early...any reports of that's still true?
Old Sep 29, 2017, 10:29 am

Programs: AA EXP
Does AA Platinum Pro match to MVP Gold or 75k?

I currently have 80k EQM and Plat Pro with AA. I have one more trip in late Nov, which will put me over 100k EQM and give me Exec Plat with AA. So, I'm trying to figure out if I should wait til I'm ExPlat to match or do the match in Oct. Thoughts?
Old Oct 1, 2017, 11:06 am

Erring on the side of being super conservative, I note that the AS status match page has not yet been updated to state that matched status is good through Dec 2018. Presumably this will happen within the next few days (perhaps as soon as Monday), but to be safe I'm not planning to submit my request until it does.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 11:10 am

Programs: AS GOLD
Requested a match just a moment ago. Got auto reply almost instantly.

Please allow 2-4 weeks for processing once we have received your documents. When your Tier Match is complete, you'll receive a welcome email and can check your status at alaskaair.com/myaccount. Please note that Tier Matches may only be granted once during the life of your account and the status is valid through 12/31/2017. To retain status beyond the expiration date, the usual tier qualification requirements must be achieved by 12/31/2017. If you would like to wait and re-apply on or after October 1st at that time we will honor status through the following year. Also note, we only offer a Tier Match for: AeroMexico, Air Canada, American, Delta, Frontier, Hawaiian, Jet Blue, Southwest and United.

Hopefully the it would be 12/31/2018 when i got it.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by SESTAR
Requested a match just a moment ago. Got auto reply almost instantly.

Please allow 2-4 weeks for processing once we have received your documents. When your Tier Match is complete, you'll receive a welcome email and can check your status at alaskaair.com/myaccount. Please note that Tier Matches may only be granted once during the life of your account and the status is valid through 12/31/2017. To retain status beyond the expiration date, the usual tier qualification requirements must be achieved by 12/31/2017. If you would like to wait and re-apply on or after October 1st at that time we will honor status through the following year. Also note, we only offer a Tier Match for: AeroMexico, Air Canada, American, Delta, Frontier, Hawaiian, Jet Blue, Southwest and United.

Hopefully the it would be 12/31/2018 when i got it.
Ah, okay. Well if that's what they're replying with then it seems like a pretty safe bet.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 4:25 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K, UA 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Avis Pref Plus, Nat'l Exec
Interestingly enough, I received a slightly different version of this autoreply when I submitted my request (12:21 am PDT on Oct 1):

Thank you for contacting Alaska Airlines Customer Care.

*If you are applying for a Tier Match, please reference the instructions below:

If your original email did not include a copy of both sides of your current elite card and a screen shot of your online account showing your name, current status and YTD miles flown, please re-submit.

*If you are applying for our Parental Leave program and your original request did not include proof of pregnancy or parental leave, please re-submit. A note from your doctor or employer will do. We'll verify that you're eligible and extend your current status through the following year, so you can focus on your bundle of joy. For full details of this program, please visit our website at www.alaskaair.com/eliteleave

Thank you for choosing Alaska Airlines!

(bolding mine)

In the past the digital membership card was acceptable...so do I now have to scan both sides of my physical card and resubmit? (I included my digital membership card and a screen shot of my online account.)
Old Oct 1, 2017, 6:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by dmach
In the past the digital membership card was acceptable...so do I now have to scan both sides of my physical card and resubmit? (I included my digital membership card and a screen shot of my online account.)
Probably trying to weed out those using photoshop @:-)
Old Oct 1, 2017, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
Probably trying to weed out those using photoshop @:-)
Maybe...some of us don't have a physical card though... I submitted my request today using the front and back of my digital card. In the auto-response, it didn't say a copy of the physical card, so fingers crossed :-:
Old Oct 2, 2017, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by dmach

(bolding mine)

I did a status match for my wife earlier this year using her digital card. There was no issue.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 12:15 pm
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
The email acknowledgement I received from them today when I submitted my materials said the match would be good through 12/31/2018.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 4:45 pm

WOW! I just logged into my account, and I'm showing MVP Gold 75K already for the match I sent yesterday
osotoc likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 2:19 am

Programs: CO - Onepass Gold Elite--> UA - MileagePlus Gold Premier--> Silver --> AS - MileagePlan MVPGOLD!
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
WOW! I just logged into my account, and I'm showing MVP Gold 75K already for the match I sent yesterday
Wow, really? Cuz, not me.
Are you going to have all your tickets reissued to reflect your new status? Is that something we're supposed to do?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.