Old Oct 4, 2014, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
Apply from October 1 2017 for status match thru end of 2018.

JANUARY 2017 AS MATCH UPDATE

AS matches to MVPG75K, MVPG and MVP tiers

Alaskaair.com explanation and terms

Auto-response from [email protected]:

Thank you for your interest in our award winning Mileage Plan. If your request did not include a copy of both sides of your current elite card OR a screenshot of your digital elite membership card and a screen shot of your online account showing your name, current status and YTD miles flown please re-submit. Allow 2-4 weeks for processing once we have received your documents. When your Tier Match is complete, you'll receive a welcome email and can check your status at alaskaair.com/myaccount. Please note that Tier Matches can only be extended once during the life of your account and the status is valid through 12/31/2017. We look forward to welcoming you into our program and flying with you for many years to come! Also note, we only offer a Tier Match for: AeroMexico, Air Canada, American, Delta, Frontier, Hawaiian, Jet Blue, Southwest, United, and Virgin America
Attachments:
- Physical Elite Card (both sides) OR Screenshot of Digital Card
- Screenshot of online account with Name / Status / YTD miles flown
ID no longer required. Actual flying of a certain threshold is OFFICIALLY required for determining level of match. Only one match per lifetime of account.

Match to MVP status from:
Aeromexico Gold
Air Canada Altitude 25K (Prestige) and 35K
American Airlines AAdvantage Gold
Delta Silver Medallion
Frontier Elite
Hawaiian Pualani Gold
JetBlue TrueBlue Mosaic
Southwest A List
United Premier Silver and Premier Associate
Match to MVP Gold status from:
Aeromexico Platinum
Air Canada Altitude 50K
American Airlines AAdvantage Platinum
Delta Gold Medallion
Hawaiian Pualani Platinum
Southwest A-List Preferred
United Premier Gold
Match to Gold 75K status from:
Aeromexico Titanio
Air Canada Altitude 75K and 100K
American Airlines Platinum Pro, AAdvantage Executive Platinum, and ConciergeKey
Delta Platinum Medallion and Diamond Medallion
Southwest Companion Pass and A List Preferred (must hold both)
United Platinum, 1K, and Global Services

Ineligible Airline Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business unfortunately, we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who have elite status with [INSERT INELIGIBLE AIRLINE]."
Ineligible MP Address Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business, unfortunately we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who live outside of the Alaska Airlines route structure and therefore
we must decline your request for a Tier Match."
Print Wikipost

AS Status Match - 2018 and Earlier

Old Nov 21, 2014, 2:24 pm

I haven't received the status match approval email yet so I checked online and see that they matched me to MVP Gold 75K!

Looks like the profile e-mail address had a typo so it probably got lost.

Anyone have a copy of the e-mail or a summary in case I missed anything in there?

Also I just booked a flight but I can't select the premium seats online. Maybe my status isn't fully active yet? Or is this normal?
Old Nov 21, 2014, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by emax48
Also I just booked a flight but I can't select the premium seats online. Maybe my status isn't fully active yet? Or is this normal?
IIRC, it takes a day or two for SABRE to recognize your status. Once that happens, you can request premium seats, your complimentary upgrades, etc.

IIRC, you can tell when your Mileage Plan status changes by the profile summary page when you log into your account. You can tell when SABRE has updated with your new status when you pull up one of your reservations and it shows a "75K" next to your name/Mileage Plan number when viewing the reservation.

I'm guessing the former has happened but, if you pull up your reservation, the latter hasn't. Wait a day or so for that to happen and I'll bet you can then select premium seats.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 11:55 am

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
Looks like a good chance that USAir Platinum would match to MVPG 75k.

And so it did. Although my statement showed 85K on the year and I indicated that I would get to 100K and Chairman's by year end.

It took 6 days for them to process (although it showed up on the website a day or two before I got the email).

Time to ramp up my flying to the Northwest and phase out my relationship with Delta.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 9:01 am

I am an Emirates Skyward Gold ... Can I receive the 75k Status match ??? Thanks
Old Dec 2, 2014, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by jackal
IIRC, it takes a day or two for SABRE to recognize your status. Once that happens, you can request premium seats, your complimentary upgrades, etc.

IIRC, you can tell when your Mileage Plan status changes by the profile summary page when you log into your account. You can tell when SABRE has updated with your new status when you pull up one of your reservations and it shows a "75K" next to your name/Mileage Plan number when viewing the reservation.

I'm guessing the former has happened but, if you pull up your reservation, the latter hasn't. Wait a day or so for that to happen and I'll bet you can then select premium seats.
Can you please tell me if its possible to Receive 75k Status with AS if I have Gold with Emirates Airline. Thanks
Old Dec 2, 2014, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by SyedAdnan1
I am an Emirates Skyward Gold ... Can I receive the 75k Status match ??? Thanks
Per the sticky at the top Alaska does not match Emirates status. If they do change course and decide to accept Emirates matches, it wont be 75K because Skywards Gold is equivalent to MVP Gold.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 10:26 am

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Another data point.

Was matched from UA1K to ASMVP75K sometime in the last 24 hours. A pleasant phone agent thought they would only match to Gold, so there you go.

I did not receive an email, but checked my account and saw the status upgrade.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 11:54 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by anc-ord772
Was matched from UA1K
This seem's to be a trend
Old Dec 8, 2014, 2:38 pm

Given that Alaska Air status runs on an annual basis, does it make sense to wait until January 2015 before requesting a status match? Would that potentially grant status through December 2016?
Old Dec 8, 2014, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by bmchris
Given that Alaska Air status runs on an annual basis, does it make sense to wait until January 2015 before requesting a status match? Would that potentially grant status through December 2016?
Nope. You have to wait until October 2015 to match to get status through end of 2016. The further after 10/1 that you match the shorter the matched status lasts
Old Dec 8, 2014, 4:22 pm

Did AS change the date to 11/1 to get status for the entire next year?
Old Dec 8, 2014, 4:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by uaflr
Did AS change the date to 11/1 to get status for the entire next year?
This is always subject to change so I wouldn't count on anything for 2016.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 8:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, FB Gold, AS MVPG, MR Titanium, VS Gold
Just got status matched from AA EXP/CK to 75k MVP. Have 3 flights booked for this year alone, looking forward to flying on AS
Old Dec 9, 2014, 1:18 am

Programs: Qantas
I am very interested in this as I do a lot of flying in that region, generally I credit to Virgin Aus / Qantas (I am in Apac).

Understanding the sticky has anyone had success being matched with any airline outside of the list (and is their a double hop - I .e Virgin Aus to Virgin America to Alaska).

Thoughts?
Old Dec 10, 2014, 9:09 pm

Maybe I'm being impatient, but I sent all of my docs in on 12/1 (trying to match UA1K -> MVP75K) and still haven't heard back. Also tried calling but the phone agent, after putting me on hold for a while to check, came back with the standard "it takes at least two weeks to process" response (you'd think that after putting me on hold for almost ten minutes to contact the status matching desk would mean she was find info about my match request specifically...). I wonder why some recent match requests seem to be processed in just a few days whereas others are taking their sweet time?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.