Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 4, 2014, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
Apply from October 1 2017 for status match thru end of 2018.

JANUARY 2017 AS MATCH UPDATE

AS matches to MVPG75K, MVPG and MVP tiers

Alaskaair.com explanation and terms

Auto-response from [email protected]:

Thank you for your interest in our award winning Mileage Plan. If your request did not include a copy of both sides of your current elite card OR a screenshot of your digital elite membership card and a screen shot of your online account showing your name, current status and YTD miles flown please re-submit. Allow 2-4 weeks for processing once we have received your documents. When your Tier Match is complete, you'll receive a welcome email and can check your status at alaskaair.com/myaccount. Please note that Tier Matches can only be extended once during the life of your account and the status is valid through 12/31/2017. We look forward to welcoming you into our program and flying with you for many years to come! Also note, we only offer a Tier Match for: AeroMexico, Air Canada, American, Delta, Frontier, Hawaiian, Jet Blue, Southwest, United, and Virgin America
Attachments:
- Physical Elite Card (both sides) OR Screenshot of Digital Card
- Screenshot of online account with Name / Status / YTD miles flown
ID no longer required. Actual flying of a certain threshold is OFFICIALLY required for determining level of match. Only one match per lifetime of account.

Match to MVP status from:
Aeromexico Gold
Air Canada Altitude 25K (Prestige) and 35K
American Airlines AAdvantage Gold
Delta Silver Medallion
Frontier Elite
Hawaiian Pualani Gold
JetBlue TrueBlue Mosaic
Southwest A List
United Premier Silver and Premier Associate
Match to MVP Gold status from:
Aeromexico Platinum
Air Canada Altitude 50K
American Airlines AAdvantage Platinum
Delta Gold Medallion
Hawaiian Pualani Platinum
Southwest A-List Preferred
United Premier Gold
Match to Gold 75K status from:
Aeromexico Titanio
Air Canada Altitude 75K and 100K
American Airlines Platinum Pro, AAdvantage Executive Platinum, and ConciergeKey
Delta Platinum Medallion and Diamond Medallion
Southwest Companion Pass and A List Preferred (must hold both)
United Platinum, 1K, and Global Services

Ineligible Airline Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business unfortunately, we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who have elite status with [INSERT INELIGIBLE AIRLINE]."
Ineligible MP Address Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business, unfortunately we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who live outside of the Alaska Airlines route structure and therefore
we must decline your request for a Tier Match."
Print Wikipost

AS Status Match - 2018 and Earlier

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2017, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by doudou91
Yep

BA Gold, submitted my request with digital card + statement on the 5th, got matched to MVP Gold on the 7th.

I was hoping for MVP Gold 75k, but maybe I was expecting too much?
I wonder why the wait times are so different for some people.

I am UA Platinum, submitted on the 2nd, and still nothing as of today.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 12:29 pm
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by LeonS
I wonder why the wait times are so different for some people.

I am UA Platinum, submitted on the 2nd, and still nothing as of today.
Same here, UA 1k, nothing yet.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 10:51 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AS 75K, DL DM, HY Globalist, HH Diamond, MC/RZ/SW Platinum, AB/UA Silver, WN CP
Just adding another DP here. DL DM, submitted just after midnight on the 1st, and I've received nothing beyond the autoreply. It is an interesting theory that perhaps they process requests by airline rather than time received. There have been past reports of status matches being denied when people have attempting to match from a program where they either had comped status or earned it via credit card spend. It makes one wonder if they really do take the time to validate each request with the competing airline.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 12:04 am

Programs: CO - Onepass Gold Elite--> UA - MileagePlus Gold Premier--> Silver --> AS - MileagePlan MVPGOLD!
Originally Posted by Carl
Just adding another DP here. DL DM, submitted just after midnight on the 1st, and I've received nothing beyond the autoreply. It is an interesting theory that perhaps they process requests by airline rather than time received. There have been past reports of status matches being denied when people have attempting to match from a program where they either had comped status or earned it via credit card spend. It makes one wonder if they really do take the time to validate each request with the competing airline.
I'm glad that MOST posters here still haven't heard anything, as I haven't either.

Regarding your theory, I suspect it's true- they quickly look at all requests, and select any "red flags" for additional research.
I certainly don't know what order they go in, but I've also wondered whether they prioritize higher-ranking members from other programs.
As I've slowly weaned myself off of United, I've dropped down to silver this year, and I might not be as "valuable" to Alaska.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 8:54 am
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
Maybe they're actually smart enough to call the phone system of the airline you're claiming status with and check that at least your tier is correct. Versus some airlines who just assume that the paperwork you submit is real...
Old Oct 11, 2017, 12:27 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K, UA 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Avis Pref Plus, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by TA
Same here, UA 1k, nothing yet.
Indeed...same for me. I'm still watching and waiting.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 2:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MARRIOTT TI, HILTON GLD
Originally Posted by dmach
Indeed...same for me. I'm still watching and waiting.
AA Plat, requested right on the 1st, still nothing but the auto reply. This thread has been quite the reassurance cuz I thought something had gone terribly wrong!
Old Oct 12, 2017, 6:40 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by scstrider86
AA Plat, requested right on the 1st, still nothing but the auto reply. This thread has been quite the reassurance cuz I thought something had gone terribly wrong!
I'm AA plat requested on the 1st too. I really hope that I have the status before my flight next Friday. Haven't really sit in the back for years....
Old Oct 12, 2017, 8:18 pm

Programs: AA-Gold 0.425MM), AS MVP Gold, National EE, Marriott Titanium (LT-G), UA Silver
AA EXP requested on the 8th. Still nothing other than the auto-generated email. Looks like it might be several weeks , and I have a DCA-SEA-ANC flight coming up in 2 weeks.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 9:28 pm

Going to match with Southwest CP. I can't find my 2017 CP card. Found my 2016 one and my account shows I requalified for 2018. I'm not aware of a digital card in the app.

Any suggestions?
Old Oct 12, 2017, 9:42 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
There is a digital card, at least in the android app. It's under "my account" as "Mileage Plan card". Shows membership info and expiration date.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 9:43 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by PaceLaw2012
AA EXP requested on the 8th. Still nothing other than the auto-generated email.
It took 3 full weeks for me late last year as an AA EXP. With the post-October 1 rush I wouldn't be surprised if they're back to those types of processing times again.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by tom911
There is a digital card, at least in the android app. It's under "my account" as "Mileage Plan card". Shows membership info and expiration date.

Im talking about the Southwest app, not Alaska app
Old Oct 13, 2017, 8:20 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by PaceLaw2012
AA EXP requested on the 8th. Still nothing other than the auto-generated email. Looks like it might be several weeks , and I have a DCA-SEA-ANC flight coming up in 2 weeks.
The DCA-SEA flights are always completely full. Even as a 75K you likely won't be in the front. I fly this route regularly. The waitlist regularly runs very long (30-60 people) and it's common to see nobody upgraded. To stand any chance, you need to be #1 or #2 on the list and generally a very lucky person.

You'll get good value from your 75K status, just don't expect it to be an easy/automatic upgrade on the DC-SEA route.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I thought tbey stopped matching cp last year since many of those came from cc etc points?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.