Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 4, 2014, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
Apply from October 1 2017 for status match thru end of 2018.

JANUARY 2017 AS MATCH UPDATE

AS matches to MVPG75K, MVPG and MVP tiers

Alaskaair.com explanation and terms

Auto-response from [email protected]:

Thank you for your interest in our award winning Mileage Plan. If your request did not include a copy of both sides of your current elite card OR a screenshot of your digital elite membership card and a screen shot of your online account showing your name, current status and YTD miles flown please re-submit. Allow 2-4 weeks for processing once we have received your documents. When your Tier Match is complete, you'll receive a welcome email and can check your status at alaskaair.com/myaccount. Please note that Tier Matches can only be extended once during the life of your account and the status is valid through 12/31/2017. We look forward to welcoming you into our program and flying with you for many years to come! Also note, we only offer a Tier Match for: AeroMexico, Air Canada, American, Delta, Frontier, Hawaiian, Jet Blue, Southwest, United, and Virgin America
Attachments:
- Physical Elite Card (both sides) OR Screenshot of Digital Card
- Screenshot of online account with Name / Status / YTD miles flown
ID no longer required. Actual flying of a certain threshold is OFFICIALLY required for determining level of match. Only one match per lifetime of account.

Match to MVP status from:
Aeromexico Gold
Air Canada Altitude 25K (Prestige) and 35K
American Airlines AAdvantage Gold
Delta Silver Medallion
Frontier Elite
Hawaiian Pualani Gold
JetBlue TrueBlue Mosaic
Southwest A List
United Premier Silver and Premier Associate
Match to MVP Gold status from:
Aeromexico Platinum
Air Canada Altitude 50K
American Airlines AAdvantage Platinum
Delta Gold Medallion
Hawaiian Pualani Platinum
Southwest A-List Preferred
United Premier Gold
Match to Gold 75K status from:
Aeromexico Titanio
Air Canada Altitude 75K and 100K
American Airlines Platinum Pro, AAdvantage Executive Platinum, and ConciergeKey
Delta Platinum Medallion and Diamond Medallion
Southwest Companion Pass and A List Preferred (must hold both)
United Platinum, 1K, and Global Services

Ineligible Airline Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business unfortunately, we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who have elite status with [INSERT INELIGIBLE AIRLINE]."
Ineligible MP Address Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business, unfortunately we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who live outside of the Alaska Airlines route structure and therefore
we must decline your request for a Tier Match."
Print Wikipost

AS Status Match - 2018 and Earlier

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2017, 9:52 am

Programs: DL DM; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
WOW! I just logged into my account, and I'm showing MVP Gold 75K already for the match I sent yesterday
What is the expiration date of your new status? wondering if I apply now, whether the match will be till end of 2018...
Old Oct 3, 2017, 11:32 am
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
Do people who get status matched to MVP 75 get the ability to nominate family members / friends shown here?
https://www.alaskaair.com/mileagepla...tionStart.aspx
Old Oct 3, 2017, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by TA
Do people who get status matched to MVP 75 get the ability to nominate family members / friends shown here?
https://www.alaskaair.com/mileagepla...tionStart.aspx
Yes. Just not the 50k RDM bonus. You have to fly to get that.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 2:37 am

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by vgb2001
What is the expiration date of your new status? wondering if I apply now, whether the match will be till end of 2018...
mine expires the end of 2018
Old Oct 4, 2017, 12:58 pm

WOW! I just logged into my account, and I'm showing MVP Gold 75K already for the match I sent yesterday
I submitted mine on Monday evening but still nothing (aside from the automatic reply).

I wonder if a lot of people applied on Monday creating a backlog.

I can't wait to be honest
Old Oct 5, 2017, 10:39 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LeonS
I submitted mine on Monday evening but still nothing (aside from the automatic reply).

I wonder if a lot of people applied on Monday creating a backlog.

I can't wait to be honest
I sent mine on 10/1 12:01am PDT. Nothing still. Not sure if MVP Gold and MVP Gold 75k, or different airlines are under different queues.

What time did you send yours?
Old Oct 5, 2017, 4:22 pm

Programs: CO - Onepass Gold Elite--> UA - MileagePlus Gold Premier--> Silver --> AS - MileagePlan MVPGOLD!
I've still heard nothing, and my login page shows nothing different than before that would indicate an elite status had been awarded.
:-(
Old Oct 5, 2017, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by The ITDA
What time did you send yours?
10/1: Sent request at 1am PST
10/2: Noticed account had been changed to MVPG 75K
10/4: Got the official "Congratulations, you've been nominated for MVP Gold 75K status." email

I also just sent a copy of the front of my digital card.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 12:50 pm

10/1: Sent request at 1am PST
10/2: Noticed account had been changed to MVPG 75K
10/4: Got the official "Congratulations, you've been nominated for MVP Gold 75K status." email

I also just sent a copy of the front of my digital card.
What airline did you status match from?

Also, are you saying that all you sent was a message with a copy of your elite card? No ID or airline account summary?
Old Oct 6, 2017, 12:55 pm

Programs: BART Platinum, AA Plat Pro
Keep in mind that it normally takes a 1-2 weeks for them to process the match, and possibly longer right after Oct 1. pushmyredbutton's experience is the exception, not the rule.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by acesh1gh
What airline did you status match from?

Also, are you saying that all you sent was a message with a copy of your elite card? No ID or airline account summary?
From UA 1K. And yes, actually just sent the front of my digital card since I forgot the account statement. Sent both the card and statement the next day but status had already been granted by then.

I suspect somehow I got very lucky and this isn’t the norm, though.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 5:48 pm

Honest question, and I'm fully aware it's a near-guaranteed "no" (Couldn't find anything in the terms/conditions and I don't want to browse through 48 pages to find the discussion I'm sure has been had)

I'm currently MVP, but will not requal. by 12/31 (I'll have ~11500 EQM, but likely not looking to go do a status run)

On the other hand, I'm also DL Silver, and will end the year with ~60 flights flown and ~62000 EQM.

My question being, since I'm currently MVP, is there any way AS is willing to match me to MVP at the beginning of next year with my DL status? I'm almost certainly going to be shifting most of my business to them, as I'll be flying a lot in/out of DAL and doing a lot of west coast flying starting next year. (And I'm sick of flying 60k+ miles and being at the absolute bottom of the totem pole)

If not, which I figure is the case, it's no biggie starting at the bottom again for the first part of next year. It won't take me long to get to 20k, but I just wanted to know if it was possible before ruling it out. thanks!
Old Oct 7, 2017, 10:00 pm

Programs: BART Platinum, AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by jk88usa
Honest question, and I'm fully aware it's a near-guaranteed "no" (Couldn't find anything in the terms/conditions and I don't want to browse through 48 pages to find the discussion I'm sure has been had)

I'm currently MVP, but will not requal. by 12/31 (I'll have ~11500 EQM, but likely not looking to go do a status run)

On the other hand, I'm also DL Silver, and will end the year with ~60 flights flown and ~62000 EQM.

My question being, since I'm currently MVP, is there any way AS is willing to match me to MVP at the beginning of next year with my DL status? I'm almost certainly going to be shifting most of my business to them, as I'll be flying a lot in/out of DAL and doing a lot of west coast flying starting next year. (And I'm sick of flying 60k+ miles and being at the absolute bottom of the totem pole)

If not, which I figure is the case, it's no biggie starting at the bottom again for the first part of next year. It won't take me long to get to 20k, but I just wanted to know if it was possible before ruling it out. thanks!
I don’t see why they wouldn’t if you submitted after Dec 31, as you would no longer be MVP at that point. I assume you’ve never done an AS match before (and hence the once-in-a-lifetime condition would not bind).
Old Oct 8, 2017, 2:37 am

Has anyone managed to successfully have a status match approved from BA gold?
Old Oct 8, 2017, 8:16 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by haroon145
Has anyone managed to successfully have a status match approved from BA gold?
Yep

BA Gold, submitted my request with digital card + statement on the 5th, got matched to MVP Gold on the 7th.

I was hoping for MVP Gold 75k, but maybe I was expecting too much?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.