Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 4, 2014, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
Apply from October 1 2017 for status match thru end of 2018.

JANUARY 2017 AS MATCH UPDATE

AS matches to MVPG75K, MVPG and MVP tiers

Alaskaair.com explanation and terms

Auto-response from [email protected]:

Thank you for your interest in our award winning Mileage Plan. If your request did not include a copy of both sides of your current elite card OR a screenshot of your digital elite membership card and a screen shot of your online account showing your name, current status and YTD miles flown please re-submit. Allow 2-4 weeks for processing once we have received your documents. When your Tier Match is complete, you'll receive a welcome email and can check your status at alaskaair.com/myaccount. Please note that Tier Matches can only be extended once during the life of your account and the status is valid through 12/31/2017. We look forward to welcoming you into our program and flying with you for many years to come! Also note, we only offer a Tier Match for: AeroMexico, Air Canada, American, Delta, Frontier, Hawaiian, Jet Blue, Southwest, United, and Virgin America
Attachments:
- Physical Elite Card (both sides) OR Screenshot of Digital Card
- Screenshot of online account with Name / Status / YTD miles flown
ID no longer required. Actual flying of a certain threshold is OFFICIALLY required for determining level of match. Only one match per lifetime of account.

Match to MVP status from:
Aeromexico Gold
Air Canada Altitude 25K (Prestige) and 35K
American Airlines AAdvantage Gold
Delta Silver Medallion
Frontier Elite
Hawaiian Pualani Gold
JetBlue TrueBlue Mosaic
Southwest A List
United Premier Silver and Premier Associate
Match to MVP Gold status from:
Aeromexico Platinum
Air Canada Altitude 50K
American Airlines AAdvantage Platinum
Delta Gold Medallion
Hawaiian Pualani Platinum
Southwest A-List Preferred
United Premier Gold
Match to Gold 75K status from:
Aeromexico Titanio
Air Canada Altitude 75K and 100K
American Airlines Platinum Pro, AAdvantage Executive Platinum, and ConciergeKey
Delta Platinum Medallion and Diamond Medallion
Southwest Companion Pass and A List Preferred (must hold both)
United Platinum, 1K, and Global Services

Ineligible Airline Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business unfortunately, we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who have elite status with [INSERT INELIGIBLE AIRLINE]."
Ineligible MP Address Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business, unfortunately we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who live outside of the Alaska Airlines route structure and therefore
we must decline your request for a Tier Match."
Print Wikipost

AS Status Match - 2018 and Earlier

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2018, 10:45 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by yerffej201
what does aa platinum pro match to?
Gold 75K, according to AS' match page. Updated the wiki to reflect that as well as ConciergeKey.

(formatting note: AS' page lists Executive Platinum as AAdvantage Executive Platinum but Platinum Pro and ConciergeKey without the preceding "AAdvantage". Placed as such in the wiki)
Old Jan 26, 2018, 9:26 am

Programs: DL Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
I status matched last year from UA Silver thinking I could fly AS more. I ended up flying more with UA and got to 1K. Now AS has been adding a lot of flights out of SAN that I would much rather do with them. I should have not matched last year. I guess I'll have to earn status the old fashioned way. I wasn't even offered a challenge to qualify back to MVP this year
Old Jan 26, 2018, 12:35 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by motoridersd
I status matched last year from UA Silver thinking I could fly AS more. I ended up flying more with UA and got to 1K. Now AS has been adding a lot of flights out of SAN that I would much rather do with them. I should have not matched last year. I guess I'll have to earn status the old fashioned way. I wasn't even offered a challenge to qualify back to MVP this year
Have tried to status match a second year, I was able to that with my UA 1K status for two years. Don't know if was a fluke but they did give a 2 year match. However, this year no match was given, pretty tough to get three I guess.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by nomad420
Have tried to status match a second year, I was able to that with my UA 1K status for two years. Don't know if was a fluke but they did give a 2 year match. However, this year no match was given, pretty tough to get three I guess.
I was thinking about that. I guess it doesn't hurt to try.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 2:33 pm

I helped a friends applying through the Alsaka Website (https://www.alaskaair.com/content/de...e:status-match) approx 30 days ago, from UA 1K and he didn't hear anything back, has anyone tried to do it from the website and actually got approved?
Old Feb 21, 2018, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by justsawaufo
I helped a friends applying through the Alsaka Website (https://www.alaskaair.com/content/de...e:status-match) approx 30 days ago, from UA 1K and he didn't hear anything back, has anyone tried to do it from the website and actually got approved?
I sent my request in about a month ago and haven't seen anything, but I'm not expecting them to honor this since I got matched last year. That time I never got an e-mail, I just noticed I had the status under My Profile. Has your friend checked there?
Old Feb 22, 2018, 10:34 am

Programs: UA 1k, AS 75k, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by justsawaufo
Yes, it took about 4 weeks, though I didn't get the email until about a week after it showed up in my account
Old Mar 6, 2018, 7:10 pm

Programs: UA/Plat, AS MPV
Originally Posted by FlyingOutTLV
You're right. This is the reply I got after asking them to reconsider:

"Unfortunately, we do not offer Tier Matches to members who live outside of the Alaska Airlines route structure and therefore we respectfully decline your request for a Tier Match".

It is unfortunate, but it make sense. So I'm staying 100% with AAdvantage and Flying Blue it seems.
I've just been declined a status match on similar grounds, and wrote back indicating that the DC area has 3 airports served by AS! Is this unusual?
Old Mar 6, 2018, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by gabes80
I've just been declined a status match on similar grounds, and wrote back indicating that the DC area has 3 airports served by AS! Is this unusual?
@FlyingOutTLV didn't say where they're based, but it sounded like Europe (maybe TLV?). Being denied based on a DC area address would certainly be a change. AS matched me when I was based in PHL (which had a grand total of one daily flight on AS at the time). That was shortly before the merger and when AA was still a full-fledged partner, so maybe things have changed since then, but I doubt it. AS serves six destinations nonstop (SEA, PDX, SFO, LAX, SAN, and DAL) out of WAS, I think, with at least a dozen flights a day; denying a status match to someone based there seems odd.
gabes80 likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by StevieTopSiders
Applied online at 12/31 and then emailed on 1/17 because I was getting impatient. Just checked today on my phone (1/22) and saw that my account had MVP status.

Matched from UA Silver.
Thanks for that link. I accidentally hit this part of this thread while searching for something else.
I have American Platinum status, but no miles for this year yet, so I hope the 0 there doesn't stop me from getting AS status
Unfortunately I had just paid $98 for 2 Premium DFW to SEA seat upgrades in June. Oh well, at least I might still get free bags.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 11:08 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by mvoight
Thanks for that link. I accidentally hit this part of this thread while searching for something else.
I have American Platinum status, but no miles for this year yet, so I hope the 0 there doesn't stop me from getting AS status
Unfortunately I had just paid $98 for 2 Premium DFW to SEA seat upgrades in June. Oh well, at least I might still get free bags.
I applied in November or December a few years ago with AA Platinum status and not enough miles to qualify even for AA Gold for the following year. I was granted MVP Gold status for the following year.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by yerffej201
what does aa platinum pro match to?
Old Mar 9, 2018, 12:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Have some flights coming up but my status match hasn't been processed yet. Will they retroactively give me the bonus miles from when I originally applied from the status match, or is that not a thing they'd likely be willing to do?
Old Mar 9, 2018, 10:05 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by gizayabasu
Have some flights coming up but my status match hasn't been processed yet. Will they retroactively give me the bonus miles from when I originally applied from the status match, or is that not a thing they'd likely be willing to do?
I have some flights coming up that I KNOW will put me over the MVP Gold threshold but I haven’t flown them yet. Think they will retroactively give me the bonus miles from when I originally booked them? They can see I will hit 40k AS miles in the next 2 weeks.

I am being cheeky of course, but it really is the same thing. We all have status coming at some point in the future. Why would they give a bonus retroactively until you have earned (or been gifted ) the status? I would seriously hooe the answer is no.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 10:17 am

How soon should I expect the (4) Guest Upgrade codes to appear in my status-matched account to MVP Gold?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.