Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 4, 2014, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
Apply from October 1 2017 for status match thru end of 2018.

JANUARY 2017 AS MATCH UPDATE

AS matches to MVPG75K, MVPG and MVP tiers

Alaskaair.com explanation and terms

Auto-response from [email protected]:

Thank you for your interest in our award winning Mileage Plan. If your request did not include a copy of both sides of your current elite card OR a screenshot of your digital elite membership card and a screen shot of your online account showing your name, current status and YTD miles flown please re-submit. Allow 2-4 weeks for processing once we have received your documents. When your Tier Match is complete, you'll receive a welcome email and can check your status at alaskaair.com/myaccount. Please note that Tier Matches can only be extended once during the life of your account and the status is valid through 12/31/2017. We look forward to welcoming you into our program and flying with you for many years to come! Also note, we only offer a Tier Match for: AeroMexico, Air Canada, American, Delta, Frontier, Hawaiian, Jet Blue, Southwest, United, and Virgin America
Attachments:
- Physical Elite Card (both sides) OR Screenshot of Digital Card
- Screenshot of online account with Name / Status / YTD miles flown
ID no longer required. Actual flying of a certain threshold is OFFICIALLY required for determining level of match. Only one match per lifetime of account.

Match to MVP status from:
Aeromexico Gold
Air Canada Altitude 25K (Prestige) and 35K
American Airlines AAdvantage Gold
Delta Silver Medallion
Frontier Elite
Hawaiian Pualani Gold
JetBlue TrueBlue Mosaic
Southwest A List
United Premier Silver and Premier Associate
Match to MVP Gold status from:
Aeromexico Platinum
Air Canada Altitude 50K
American Airlines AAdvantage Platinum
Delta Gold Medallion
Hawaiian Pualani Platinum
Southwest A-List Preferred
United Premier Gold
Match to Gold 75K status from:
Aeromexico Titanio
Air Canada Altitude 75K and 100K
American Airlines Platinum Pro, AAdvantage Executive Platinum, and ConciergeKey
Delta Platinum Medallion and Diamond Medallion
Southwest Companion Pass and A List Preferred (must hold both)
United Platinum, 1K, and Global Services

Ineligible Airline Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business unfortunately, we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who have elite status with [INSERT INELIGIBLE AIRLINE]."
Ineligible MP Address Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business, unfortunately we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who live outside of the Alaska Airlines route structure and therefore
we must decline your request for a Tier Match."
Print Wikipost

AS Status Match - 2018 and Earlier

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2017, 4:57 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
UA gold card photos sent evening of 10/4, and my MVP gold status showed as of this morning.

Wonder if they actually spent the two weeks to properly verify status? - It would be fairly easy for airlines to set up a hotline or email exchange to verify members' status.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 1:15 am

It seems like my new MVP Gold 75k is now active on all my reservations. I was able to cancel flights for free and I have been upgraded to Premium seats on all my upcoming reservations!

Slightly disappointed that the agent on the phone yesterday did not want to cancel the flight for free for me because I had booked it before I got status... my first interaction with customer service as Gold 75k was not quite stellar...
Old Oct 21, 2017, 2:20 pm

Anyone with recent success status matching from SW Companion Pass earned via CC signups?
Old Oct 21, 2017, 4:12 pm

Location: Any of the Following PDX SFO IAH YUL HPN CDG SYD WLG AKL
Programs: AA GLD 1MM, DL DM, UA 1K Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador , Hyatt Platinum
I’d hoped my match would have been processed before this weeks Virgin flights. Delta Platinum match from October 9th. i assume no matches are going to be processed on the weekend. I can still hold out hope it processes before Friday’s IAD-SFO flight
Old Oct 21, 2017, 11:09 pm

Programs: CO - Onepass Gold Elite--> UA - MileagePlus Gold Premier--> Silver --> AS - MileagePlan MVPGOLD!
Originally Posted by kiwicanuck
I’d hoped my match would have been processed before this weeks Virgin flights. Delta Platinum match from October 9th. i assume no matches are going to be processed on the weekend. I can still hold out hope it processes before Friday’s IAD-SFO flight
Well, the average for all of us seems to be about twenty days processing time, give or take. So I wouldn't expect the match for several more days, if you submitted on October 9th.
I hope you get it before the Virgin flights. Although, it does sound like a bit of a pain to call in and request Main Cabin Select seat upgrades. I'm not sure I'm going to bother with it.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by LeonS
It seems like my new MVP Gold 75k is now active on all my reservations. I was able to cancel flights for free and I have been upgraded to Premium seats on all my upcoming reservations!

Slightly disappointed that the agent on the phone yesterday did not want to cancel the flight for free for me because I had booked it before I got status... my first interaction with customer service as Gold 75k was not quite stellar...

Thanks for this useful information. So if I understand it correctly:

1. You obtained an award ticket before you got the status match.
2. After your Gold 75K status cleared, an agent told you you still had to pay the cancellation fee because you'd ticketed before getting status.
3. But then you were able to cancel anyway without a fee online.

Do I have that right?
Old Oct 22, 2017, 11:20 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by kiwicanuck
I requested on 10/7 and still have not received a response.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 2:18 am
PNW

To those successfully matching status, are you sending proof of your status with the old airline that is good through just 2017 or does Alaska expect you to have the status through 2018?

I have platinum with United through 2017 but no status in 2018 (flew a lot last year, none this near). Will Alaska match me through 2018?
Old Oct 23, 2017, 2:35 am

Programs: A3 Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by PNW
To those successfully matching status, are you sending proof of your status with the old airline that is good through just 2017 or does Alaska expect you to have the status through 2018?

I have platinum with United through 2017 but no status in 2018 (flew a lot last year, none this near). Will Alaska match me through 2018?
Your 2017 status should be sufficient. I did a match in January based on my American status expiring at the end of February and it was not an issue - new status granted through the end of 2017.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by Thunderroad

2. After your Gold 75K status cleared, an agent told you you still had to pay the cancellation fee because you'd ticketed before getting status.

Do I have that right?
Yes to all of it.

I also canceled (online, myself) a regular ticket bought with cash before I got the status match.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 10:50 am

Programs: AA PPro
A little help please. I just made AA ExPlat and want to apply for a status match with AS. They request both sides of your current elite card OR a screenshot of your digital elite membership card. Where can I find my digital elite membership card as the hard cards take several weeks to come through... Thanks
Old Oct 23, 2017, 10:56 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
There's a link on the android app under "my account" to "view advantage card". Guessing there might be something for iPhones. Have you looked there?
tfizzle likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Thunderroad

Do I have that right?
Originally Posted by LeonS
Yes to all of it.

I also canceled (online, myself) a regular ticket bought with cash before I got the status match.
Great. Thanks!
Old Oct 23, 2017, 11:56 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by PNW

When I did my match last year (around 1 Oct '16), I had ~25k EQM on AA. I had PLT status through '16, but only enough to qualify to GLD for 2017. AS matched my AA PLT status at MVP Gold through 2017.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 1:53 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Thank you to all of you posting data points about how long it has taken. Mine sent in 10/11 still waiting. Though I did send in an account shot showing SW CP rather than the CP cards since I did not have them anymore. Hoping it works, or they at least let me know either way!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.