Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 4, 2014, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
Apply from October 1 2017 for status match thru end of 2018.

JANUARY 2017 AS MATCH UPDATE

AS matches to MVPG75K, MVPG and MVP tiers

Alaskaair.com explanation and terms

Auto-response from [email protected]:

Thank you for your interest in our award winning Mileage Plan. If your request did not include a copy of both sides of your current elite card OR a screenshot of your digital elite membership card and a screen shot of your online account showing your name, current status and YTD miles flown please re-submit. Allow 2-4 weeks for processing once we have received your documents. When your Tier Match is complete, you'll receive a welcome email and can check your status at alaskaair.com/myaccount. Please note that Tier Matches can only be extended once during the life of your account and the status is valid through 12/31/2017. We look forward to welcoming you into our program and flying with you for many years to come! Also note, we only offer a Tier Match for: AeroMexico, Air Canada, American, Delta, Frontier, Hawaiian, Jet Blue, Southwest, United, and Virgin America
Attachments:
- Physical Elite Card (both sides) OR Screenshot of Digital Card
- Screenshot of online account with Name / Status / YTD miles flown
ID no longer required. Actual flying of a certain threshold is OFFICIALLY required for determining level of match. Only one match per lifetime of account.

Match to MVP status from:
Aeromexico Gold
Air Canada Altitude 25K (Prestige) and 35K
American Airlines AAdvantage Gold
Delta Silver Medallion
Frontier Elite
Hawaiian Pualani Gold
JetBlue TrueBlue Mosaic
Southwest A List
United Premier Silver and Premier Associate
Match to MVP Gold status from:
Aeromexico Platinum
Air Canada Altitude 50K
American Airlines AAdvantage Platinum
Delta Gold Medallion
Hawaiian Pualani Platinum
Southwest A-List Preferred
United Premier Gold
Match to Gold 75K status from:
Aeromexico Titanio
Air Canada Altitude 75K and 100K
American Airlines Platinum Pro, AAdvantage Executive Platinum, and ConciergeKey
Delta Platinum Medallion and Diamond Medallion
Southwest Companion Pass and A List Preferred (must hold both)
United Platinum, 1K, and Global Services

Ineligible Airline Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business unfortunately, we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who have elite status with [INSERT INELIGIBLE AIRLINE]."
Ineligible MP Address Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business, unfortunately we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who live outside of the Alaska Airlines route structure and therefore
we must decline your request for a Tier Match."
Print Wikipost

AS Status Match - 2018 and Earlier

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2017, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Check online. My status match Oct 2016 showed up online 3 days before I got the email congratulating me on my new matched status.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 5:35 pm

Programs: CO - Onepass Gold Elite--> UA - MileagePlus Gold Premier--> Silver --> AS - MileagePlan MVPGOLD!
I got it!

Originally Posted by scstrider86
I'm with you both AND I can one up you- submitted on October 1 (earlier than either of you) as AA PLT and still nothing Not worried about it yet
Ok you guys, update:
I JUST got it.
Submitted 10/2.
Check the app- that's the first place I see it. And it still says "miles to MVP" so don't be looking there- instead, when I go to "Account" at the bottom of the app screen, the tier status says MVP now.
And my digital card reflects it.
But the "miles to go" bit doesn't change, so don't pay attention to that.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MARRIOTT TI, HILTON GLD
Originally Posted by Legend717
Ok you guys, update:
I JUST got it.
Submitted 10/2.
Check the app- that's the first place I see it. And it still says "miles to MVP" so don't be looking there- instead, when I go to "Account" at the bottom of the app screen, the tier status says MVP now.
And my digital card reflects it.
But the "miles to go" bit doesn't change, so don't pay attention to that.
Well NOW I'm starting to worry cuz that's 2 people now who submitted on the 2nd, while I submitted on the 1st. Think they work chronologically?
Old Oct 18, 2017, 9:41 pm
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
I submitted on Oct 2, and just got the match this morning! No email or anything, it just appeared when I happened to check my account. Odd that they don't even care to put in the most cursory of canned email notifications.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 9:47 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TA
I submitted on Oct 2, and just got the match this morning! No email or anything, it just appeared when I happened to check my account. Odd that they don't even care to put in the most cursory of canned email notifications.
There may be an email coming but you will also get a welcome envelope in the mail with your card and details of your status. I just made MVPG75K this last weekend passing the 90K threshold on SEA-PVR.

Congratulations.

James
Old Oct 18, 2017, 11:54 pm

Programs: CO - Onepass Gold Elite--> UA - MileagePlus Gold Premier--> Silver --> AS - MileagePlan MVPGOLD!
Originally Posted by scstrider86
Well NOW I'm starting to worry cuz that's 2 people now who submitted on the 2nd, while I submitted on the 1st. Think they work chronologically?
Who knows how they run the requests.
But I suspect that, since the cat is out of the bag about the October 1 date advantage, they had a LOT of work to do.
And, depending on who you requested a status match from and just how picky they are with their research, your previous airline may be taking longer to answer their requests.
So.... who knows.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 10:27 am

I just logged in to the App and saw it: MVP Gold 75k!

Off to book some flights...
Old Oct 19, 2017, 10:36 am

Question: do benefits not apply to previously booked flights on the same profile? I had booked an SFO-SEA flights with miles that I want to cancel, and even though my profile says already MVP Gold 75K the system is still asking me to pay a cancellation fee of $125.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LeonS
Question: do benefits not apply to previously booked flights on the same profile? I had booked an SFO-SEA flights with miles that I want to cancel, and even though my profile says already MVP Gold 75K the system is still asking me to pay a cancellation fee of $125.
It can take a few days for new status to filter through the system. Just call and talk to someone and they should be able to handle it.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by Baze
It can take a few days for new status to filter through the system. Just call and talk to someone and they should be able to handle it.
I just called and the agent said that in order to waive the fee travel had to be booked after the status match ...

Although that might be my fault for telling her that I was just upgraded to MVP Gold 75.

I'll try again in a few days...

Last edited by LeonS; Oct 19, 2017 at 6:19 pm
Old Oct 19, 2017, 6:46 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by LeonS
I just called and the agent said that in order to waive the fee travel had to be booked after the status match ...

Although that might be my fault for telling her that I was just upgraded to MVP Gold 75.

I'll try again in a few days...
FWIW my previously booked reservations took about 3 days to reflect my new status. It seems to be a sweep that occurs at some point in time.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 7:54 pm

Sweep it Clean

Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
FWIW my previously booked reservations took about 3 days to reflect my new status. It seems to be a sweep that occurs at some point in time.
Yes- I think the word around here is that the system "sweep" occurs each Sunday evening.
As I posted yesterday, I received the status match yesterday morning.
But I still can't select Preferred Seats on Alaska (though, happily, I can do it on Virgin flights via Virgin America's website!).
I'll keep trying it for a few days, and I suggest you try the same.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 9:05 pm
Suspended

I applied for a Gold match on 10/1, it just hit the app today. Almost 3 weeks ... I do understand tho, the must get absolutely snowed under with match requests after Sept 30 ends.
I have a bigger issue with VX flights not posting, but that's a different thread...
Old Oct 19, 2017, 10:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MARRIOTT TI, HILTON GLD
Originally Posted by pokecheckted
I applied for a Gold match on 10/1, it just hit the app today. Almost 3 weeks ... I do understand tho, the must get absolutely snowed under with match requests after Sept 30 ends.
I have a bigger issue with VX flights not posting, but that's a different thread...
Same for me! I applied for MVP Gold from AA PLT on the 1st and it showed up tonight around 6 or 7pm pacific!
Old Oct 20, 2017, 8:56 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
AA Palt -> MVP Gold match came through today at about 9a this morning (Requested 10/3)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.