Old Oct 4, 2014, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
Apply from October 1 2017 for status match thru end of 2018.

JANUARY 2017 AS MATCH UPDATE

AS matches to MVPG75K, MVPG and MVP tiers

Alaskaair.com explanation and terms

Auto-response from [email protected]:

Thank you for your interest in our award winning Mileage Plan. If your request did not include a copy of both sides of your current elite card OR a screenshot of your digital elite membership card and a screen shot of your online account showing your name, current status and YTD miles flown please re-submit. Allow 2-4 weeks for processing once we have received your documents. When your Tier Match is complete, you'll receive a welcome email and can check your status at alaskaair.com/myaccount. Please note that Tier Matches can only be extended once during the life of your account and the status is valid through 12/31/2017. We look forward to welcoming you into our program and flying with you for many years to come! Also note, we only offer a Tier Match for: AeroMexico, Air Canada, American, Delta, Frontier, Hawaiian, Jet Blue, Southwest, United, and Virgin America
Attachments:
- Physical Elite Card (both sides) OR Screenshot of Digital Card
- Screenshot of online account with Name / Status / YTD miles flown
ID no longer required. Actual flying of a certain threshold is OFFICIALLY required for determining level of match. Only one match per lifetime of account.

Match to MVP status from:
Aeromexico Gold
Air Canada Altitude 25K (Prestige) and 35K
American Airlines AAdvantage Gold
Delta Silver Medallion
Frontier Elite
Hawaiian Pualani Gold
JetBlue TrueBlue Mosaic
Southwest A List
United Premier Silver and Premier Associate
Match to MVP Gold status from:
Aeromexico Platinum
Air Canada Altitude 50K
American Airlines AAdvantage Platinum
Delta Gold Medallion
Hawaiian Pualani Platinum
Southwest A-List Preferred
United Premier Gold
Match to Gold 75K status from:
Aeromexico Titanio
Air Canada Altitude 75K and 100K
American Airlines Platinum Pro, AAdvantage Executive Platinum, and ConciergeKey
Delta Platinum Medallion and Diamond Medallion
Southwest Companion Pass and A List Preferred (must hold both)
United Platinum, 1K, and Global Services

Ineligible Airline Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business unfortunately, we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who have elite status with [INSERT INELIGIBLE AIRLINE]."
Ineligible MP Address Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business, unfortunately we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who live outside of the Alaska Airlines route structure and therefore
we must decline your request for a Tier Match."
Print Wikipost

AS Status Match - 2018 and Earlier

Old Oct 13, 2017, 10:33 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by WillTravel4Food
The DCA-SEA flights are always completely full. Even as a 75K you likely won't be in the front. I fly this route regularly. The waitlist regularly runs very long (30-60 people) and it's common to see nobody upgraded. To stand any chance, you need to be #1 or #2 on the list and generally a very lucky person.

You'll get good value from your 75K status, just don't expect it to be an easy/automatic upgrade on the DC-SEA route.
Yup - unicorn upgrade unless you enjoy flying on Saturday afternoons or book months ahead of time.

Also hard to get these days - BWI-SEA and VV. - I usually try to confirm my return from BWI when I can with a GGU or an upgradable fare, last night, I was 9 of 25 for 0 upgrades on a Thursday. Its usually 30 long on a Friday and Monday ex-Seattle.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 10:39 am
PNW

how long is status good?

I have United Platinum status that expires December 31, 2017 (flew a ton last year, none this year). Will Alaska match me through 2018 even though I dont have status with United in 2018?
Old Oct 16, 2017, 7:23 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AS 75K, DL DM, HY Globalist, HH Diamond, MC/RZ/SW Platinum, AB/UA Silver, WN CP
Ding ding ding! I just checked again (Id most recently checked two hours ago), and there it is in the app: MVP Gold 75K! No email or other notification, though I suspect those dont happen in real time.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 7:55 pm

sent an email to AS with my UA Plat account requsting to match to 75K gold, i'll be 1K in a week. I sent this req 13 days ago, still nothing..
Old Oct 17, 2017, 10:34 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Just in time for my flight on Friday! AA PLT-> MVP Gold this morning. No email yet.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by RufussCkingston
Going to match with Southwest CP. I can't find my 2017 CP card. Found my 2016 one and my account shows I requalified for 2018. I'm not aware of a digital card in the app.

Any suggestions?
Trying to do the same thing. Did you figure it out?
Old Oct 17, 2017, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by azepine00
I thought tbey stopped matching cp last year since many of those came from cc etc points?
There are several recent blog articles from this year stating the CP still qualifies for status match... I'd like to know because I have the CP through next year.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA Plat, National EE, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Carl
Ding ding ding! I just checked again (Id most recently checked two hours ago), and there it is in the app: MVP Gold 75K! No email or other notification, though I suspect those dont happen in real time.
If you just matched how long is your 75k status good for? I am considering it.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 5:41 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K, UA 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Avis Pref Plus, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by Carl
Ding ding ding! I just checked again (I’d most recently checked two hours ago), and there it is in the app: MVP Gold 75K! No email or other notification, though I suspect those don’t happen in real time.
Almost the same for me. I checked the app last night -- nothing. I checked this morning -- nothing. I checked an hour ago -- voila! MVP Gold 75K, good through 12/31/2018. Now I'm off to book some tickets...
Old Oct 18, 2017, 7:46 am

Submitted a status match for SW CP 15 days ago. MVP Gold appeared this morning, good through 12/31/2018. I was expecting MVP Gold 75K based on previously research. Thoughts anyone? Thanks for any advice.
kar don likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 9:50 am

Programs: AA Plat, National EE, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Hockeymom2219
Submitted a status match for SW CP 15 days ago. MVP Gold appeared this morning, good through 12/31/2018. I was expecting MVP Gold 75K based on previously research. Thoughts anyone? Thanks for any advice.
Are you also A-list preferred? Just curious if they matched that instead...
Old Oct 18, 2017, 9:52 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by kar don
Are you also A-list preferred? Just curious if they matched that instead...
Ditto I know someone who tried to match their CP to AS but was told no since they only match statuses earned via flying.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by dmach
Almost the same for me. I checked the app last night -- nothing. I checked this morning -- nothing. I checked an hour ago -- voila! MVP Gold 75K, good through 12/31/2018. Now I'm off to book some tickets...
Starting to feel lonely here: submitted on Oct 2nd (United Platinum) but nada yet...
Old Oct 18, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LeonS
Starting to feel lonely here: submitted on Oct 2nd (United Platinum) but nada yet...
I with you there. Submitted 10/3 as AA Plat. and no word yet.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MARRIOTT TI, HILTON GLD
Originally Posted by Dsm2m2
I with you there. Submitted 10/3 as AA Plat. and no word yet.
I'm with you both AND I can one up you- submitted on October 1 (earlier than either of you) as AA PLT and still nothing Not worried about it yet

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.