Old Oct 4, 2014, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
Apply from October 1 2017 for status match thru end of 2018.

JANUARY 2017 AS MATCH UPDATE

AS matches to MVPG75K, MVPG and MVP tiers

Alaskaair.com explanation and terms

Auto-response from [email protected]:

Thank you for your interest in our award winning Mileage Plan. If your request did not include a copy of both sides of your current elite card OR a screenshot of your digital elite membership card and a screen shot of your online account showing your name, current status and YTD miles flown please re-submit. Allow 2-4 weeks for processing once we have received your documents. When your Tier Match is complete, you'll receive a welcome email and can check your status at alaskaair.com/myaccount. Please note that Tier Matches can only be extended once during the life of your account and the status is valid through 12/31/2017. We look forward to welcoming you into our program and flying with you for many years to come! Also note, we only offer a Tier Match for: AeroMexico, Air Canada, American, Delta, Frontier, Hawaiian, Jet Blue, Southwest, United, and Virgin America
Attachments:
- Physical Elite Card (both sides) OR Screenshot of Digital Card
- Screenshot of online account with Name / Status / YTD miles flown
ID no longer required. Actual flying of a certain threshold is OFFICIALLY required for determining level of match. Only one match per lifetime of account.

Match to MVP status from:
Aeromexico Gold
Air Canada Altitude 25K (Prestige) and 35K
American Airlines AAdvantage Gold
Delta Silver Medallion
Frontier Elite
Hawaiian Pualani Gold
JetBlue TrueBlue Mosaic
Southwest A List
United Premier Silver and Premier Associate
Match to MVP Gold status from:
Aeromexico Platinum
Air Canada Altitude 50K
American Airlines AAdvantage Platinum
Delta Gold Medallion
Hawaiian Pualani Platinum
Southwest A-List Preferred
United Premier Gold
Match to Gold 75K status from:
Aeromexico Titanio
Air Canada Altitude 75K and 100K
American Airlines Platinum Pro, AAdvantage Executive Platinum, and ConciergeKey
Delta Platinum Medallion and Diamond Medallion
Southwest Companion Pass and A List Preferred (must hold both)
United Platinum, 1K, and Global Services

Ineligible Airline Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business unfortunately, we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who have elite status with [INSERT INELIGIBLE AIRLINE]."
Ineligible MP Address Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business, unfortunately we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who live outside of the Alaska Airlines route structure and therefore
we must decline your request for a Tier Match."
Print Wikipost

AS Status Match - 2018 and Earlier

Old Feb 21, 2017, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by LBJ
Recent posts on the statusmatcher website indicate that AS only matches A-list or A-list Preferred members and does not match those who are only Companion Pass holders.
... especially since CP can be obtained without flying at all, just by churning cards/MS...

(looks at OP's posting history)

Oh, I see you applied for some Chase Southwest cards last year. Uh-huh.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 7:00 am

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by pbd456
thanks. how long did it take?
About 10 days or 7 business days.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 11:04 pm

Location: AA-Plat 7 Mil, UA-Plat 2 Mil, BA - Silv., KLM/AF- Plat, Bonvoy-Plat.
Applied as UA Plat and about 2 weeks later got mvp 75.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 11:17 am

Programs: DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry (Former AA Plt/Gold)
Originally Posted by Smiley90
that was mentioned somewhere previously, yes. The status to be matched has to be actually earned - United will similarly deny a status challenge for "non-legitimate" holders of AA Plat
So if I flew 50k in 2016 but want to match at the end of 2017 (before AA Plat expires) will they want to see my 50k miles that earned me Plat or my 2017 miles to see if I could do it again?
Old Feb 28, 2017, 1:52 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Gig103
So if I flew 50k in 2016 but want to match at the end of 2017 (before AA Plat expires) will they want to see my 50k miles that earned me Plat or my 2017 miles to see if I could do it again?
I applied for my match in November '16 and I had somewhere around 26K miles on AA. AS matched and it lasts through '17. I'll make MVPG within the next two weeks to continue through '18. My AA PLT expires today and I will be AA GLD effective tomorrow. So you don't need to have requalified, but from what I understand you do need to show you could do so if you continued to fly with the other airline.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 1:53 am

Programs: IHG Ambassador/Spire Elite/Kimpton Inner Circle. AA: Plat. SW, UA, DL, Alaska: nuttin'!
Matched!

On 02/08/17, I requested MVP Gold from AA Platinum using only a screenshot of my AA account webpage, showing over 50k miles flown on AA last year. I could not find my 2016 AA status card (assuming I ever saw it), so I couldn't submit a front/back copy/scan of it. I am pretty sure I have/had not yet received a 2017 AA status card. I checked my Alaska Airlines status early on 02/25 because I was flying on Alaska Airlines that day; I hadn't yet received the status match. As of 03/01/17, I am MVP Gold. So it took 21 days for my status match request to be granted.

Last edited by Phaeton; Mar 4, 2017 at 2:07 am Reason: Exact date for status match found in email
Old Mar 4, 2017, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Phaeton
On 02/08/17, I requested MVP Gold from AA Platinum using only a screenshot of my AA account webpage, showing over 50k miles flown on AA last year. I could not find my 2016 AA status card (assuming I ever saw it), so I couldn't submit a front/back copy/scan of it. I am pretty sure I have/had not yet received a 2017 AA status card. I checked my Alaska Airlines status early on 02/25 because I was flying on Alaska Airlines that day; I hadn't yet received the status match. As of 03/01/17, I am MVP Gold. So it took 21 days for my status match request to be granted.
So does your AA account show you as Plat when you login? Wouldn't that be sufficient?
Old Mar 4, 2017, 10:31 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by LBJ
So does your AA account show you as Plat when you login? Wouldn't that be sufficient?
Well, the poster got the match without a card at all. I sent in a copy of my iPhone Wallet AA Platinum card; that was sufficient too.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 1:38 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus, Marriott Gold
I've read about 15 pages of this thread, so forgive me if I missed the answer somewhere up top...

I'll be AA Platinum by the end of September, with ~55K EQM, 40K+ BiS. However, 24K of the BiS will be AA partner miles, and another 12K will probably be through AAVacations; I'm expecting maybe 10K "normal" AA miles by 9/30. When I apply for the status match will that matter? Or is just the fact that I fly "a lot" (for a non-FTer) while hitting status enough for the MVP Gold? I have another flight in late October that I could book in AS F now instead of AA if I knew the status match was probable.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by SightseeMC
I've read about 15 pages of this thread, so forgive me if I missed the answer somewhere up top...

I'll be AA Platinum by the end of September, with ~55K EQM, 40K+ BiS. However, 24K of the BiS will be AA partner miles, and another 12K will probably be through AAVacations; I'm expecting maybe 10K "normal" AA miles by 9/30. When I apply for the status match will that matter? Or is just the fact that I fly "a lot" (for a non-FTer) while hitting status enough for the MVP Gold? I have another flight in late October that I could book in AS F now instead of AA if I knew the status match was probable.
I had lame duck AA Platinum status with 6k AA EQM (total) YTD when I applied for a match in Nov. I was granted an MVP Gold match (somewhat to my surprise) in about ten days. I also had about 15k AS EQMs at the time (finished the year with just over 20k). YMMV, but I highly doubt they'll parse at the level of whether your AA EQMs we're partner or not. Since AA.com will only show six months of AAdvantage history, AS cant even see how many partner miles you earned if they were early in the year.

(An extra or missed international trip tends to change significantly how many miles I earn in a given year. Last year, I happened to have no international trips, hence the much-lower-than-average combined EQMs.)
Old Mar 5, 2017, 9:11 am

Request a match on Feb 6 with my AA EXP receive an email on Feb 25, so around 20 days.

Just curious, will I get a card or do I get one after my first flight?
Old Mar 5, 2017, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by jkuok
Request a match on Feb 6 with my AA EXP receive an email on Feb 25, so around 20 days.

Just curious, will I get a card or do I get one after my first flight?
I got a card in the mail maybe a month after the match. The phone one was available immediately. My first flight was days after the status match, if that matters. (Also had one a couple days before the match came through.)
Old Mar 5, 2017, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by ashill
I got a card in the mail maybe a month after the match. The phone one was available immediately. My first flight was days after the status match, if that matters. (Also had one a couple days before the match came through.)
My flight isnt until may, guess i will have to wait if it require a flight
Old Mar 7, 2017, 4:45 am

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by jkuok
My flight isnt until may, guess i will have to wait if it require a flight
I received my card in the mail without having anything booked yet. It took about two weeks after status was granted. Now I've booked AS flights. So AS is getting revenue out of me thanks to the match already.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 9:45 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ashill
I had lame duck AA Platinum status with 6k AA EQM (total) YTD when I applied for a match in Nov. I was granted an MVP Gold match (somewhat to my surprise) in about ten days. I also had about 15k AS EQMs at the time (finished the year with just over 20k). YMMV, but I highly doubt they'll parse at the level of whether your AA EQMs we're partner or not. Since AA.com will only show six months of AAdvantage history, AS cant even see how many partner miles you earned if they were early in the year.

(An extra or missed international trip tends to change significantly how many miles I earn in a given year. Last year, I happened to have no international trips, hence the much-lower-than-average combined EQMs.)
Thanks for the response. Actually, I will probably wait until next year. We are going to take multiple large award trips in 2018, so status matched to AS would be wasted. I'd only fly them a few times and lose it immediately. I'll shoot for 2019 I think, when we're back on the treadmill.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.