Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 4, 2014, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
Apply from October 1 2017 for status match thru end of 2018.

JANUARY 2017 AS MATCH UPDATE

AS matches to MVPG75K, MVPG and MVP tiers

Alaskaair.com explanation and terms

Auto-response from [email protected]:

Thank you for your interest in our award winning Mileage Plan. If your request did not include a copy of both sides of your current elite card OR a screenshot of your digital elite membership card and a screen shot of your online account showing your name, current status and YTD miles flown please re-submit. Allow 2-4 weeks for processing once we have received your documents. When your Tier Match is complete, you'll receive a welcome email and can check your status at alaskaair.com/myaccount. Please note that Tier Matches can only be extended once during the life of your account and the status is valid through 12/31/2017. We look forward to welcoming you into our program and flying with you for many years to come! Also note, we only offer a Tier Match for: AeroMexico, Air Canada, American, Delta, Frontier, Hawaiian, Jet Blue, Southwest, United, and Virgin America
Attachments:
- Physical Elite Card (both sides) OR Screenshot of Digital Card
- Screenshot of online account with Name / Status / YTD miles flown
ID no longer required. Actual flying of a certain threshold is OFFICIALLY required for determining level of match. Only one match per lifetime of account.

Match to MVP status from:
Aeromexico Gold
Air Canada Altitude 25K (Prestige) and 35K
American Airlines AAdvantage Gold
Delta Silver Medallion
Frontier Elite
Hawaiian Pualani Gold
JetBlue TrueBlue Mosaic
Southwest A List
United Premier Silver and Premier Associate
Match to MVP Gold status from:
Aeromexico Platinum
Air Canada Altitude 50K
American Airlines AAdvantage Platinum
Delta Gold Medallion
Hawaiian Pualani Platinum
Southwest A-List Preferred
United Premier Gold
Match to Gold 75K status from:
Aeromexico Titanio
Air Canada Altitude 75K and 100K
American Airlines Platinum Pro, AAdvantage Executive Platinum, and ConciergeKey
Delta Platinum Medallion and Diamond Medallion
Southwest Companion Pass and A List Preferred (must hold both)
United Platinum, 1K, and Global Services

Ineligible Airline Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business unfortunately, we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who have elite status with [INSERT INELIGIBLE AIRLINE]."
Ineligible MP Address Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business, unfortunately we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who live outside of the Alaska Airlines route structure and therefore
we must decline your request for a Tier Match."
Print Wikipost

AS Status Match - 2018 and Earlier

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:36 am
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
I think this is comical...
Old Sep 25, 2012, 4:21 pm

Programs: DL-GM, AS-MVPG, TK Elite, UA, AA, HH, SPG, PC (Starbucks Gold)
Originally Posted by MagicCarpetRider
Yep.. Nov 1
Here is my email from Alaska confirming November 1.

"To verify and match your tier status with your current frequent flyer program
please email or fax a copy of your drivers license, the front and back of your
current elite card, your mileage statement showing your current status, and
your Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan account number to: [email protected].
Fax: 206-392-2782. (Elite status tier match can only be extended once during
the life of a Mileage Plan account and is valid through 12/31/2012 unless you
wait and request a match on 11/1/2012.) Also, if an employee referred you and
supplied you with their information please include this in your correspondence."
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Got the Answer!

"We changed our program within the last couple of weeks where we now offer matches through 2013 beginning on November 1st. For those that were advised October 1st, we will honor their matches through 2013."
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:37 pm
LHG

Programs: AS MVP Gold and hotel status through their credit cards as needed :)
Taken care of today. I resent the same faxes from last month and followed up with an email that included all my previous correspondence with the Alaska agents. They gave me AS Gold so I will be eligible for next weeks flight (the 3rd). I have 3 other flights booked later in October as well. I had no idea that they were changing their status match policy so feel very lucky to have received this in time for all of October too.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 1:20 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
I sent in a match request as I am flying AS via SEA as much, if not more, than DL via SLC for my western flying, and as a DL GM I'm not getting the love on AS (still paying fees for same day changes/same day standby, standard change fees for changing tickets further out that an MVP Gold wouldn't pay, upgrades spotty etc.).

To my surprise, it seems to have been turned around (and approved) in less than 24 hours which is pretty shocking - in a good way! The only thing I'm not sure of is when I look at my account it says MVP Gold, but it doesn't state when that is valid through.

I was previously advised that I should send in as of 1/Oct for status through end of 2013. It seems that date has changed to 1/Nov reading some responses above, though AS is apparently honouring 1/Oct for those that were informed by an agent to submit after 1/Oct.

Am i missing something or is there no way to see when your status if valid though online?
Old Oct 3, 2012, 1:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by SamuelS
Am i missing something or is there no way to see when your status if valid though online?
Nowhere that I've ever seen. Can call Customer Care otherwise for most of us- know we need to fly a certain # of miles to requalify or on Jan 1 it goes to zip when the EQM's turn over to 00
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:25 pm

Don't think that my question warrants a new thread and this seemed an appropriate 'home' for it.

I'm currently mid-tier elite with BA and most of my business is Trans-Atlantic or on routes that AS don't fly (East Coast). Though, they do codeshare and offer recipriocal benefits on some of the flights that I take.

I've got flights on DL to Florida coming up over the Christmas Period and AS and DL seem to be quite chummy when it comes to recipriocal benefits. I've already matched into DL once and currently hold no status there. Would AS even consider matching my status to anything in their programme given that I've never flown with them, nor live in an area served by them?

I must sound really selfish asking this (is there really harm in using the system) but would it
a. Be possible to status match
-and-
b. Would it give me any real benefits besides 1 checked bag on DL flights over the christmas period such as complimentary upgrades? (I've already got zone 1 boarding through Economy Comfort).

Thanks!
Old Nov 29, 2012, 4:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
evanderm, I was a platinum on United and have never flown with Alaska air and just did a match to Alaska, though they only gave me gold (although I was only going to be gold for United next year anyways).
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by uclabruin82
evanderm, I was a platinum on United and have never flown with Alaska air and just did a match to Alaska, though they only gave me gold (although I was only going to be gold for United next year anyways).
UA is at least a US based airline and you're also based on the west coast (if your profile is accurate) so that may have helped your chances. I'll give it a go and see where I end up.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by evanderm
Don't think that my question warrants a new thread and this seemed an appropriate 'home' for it.

I'm currently mid-tier elite with BA and most of my business is Trans-Atlantic or on routes that AS don't fly (East Coast). Though, they do codeshare and offer recipriocal benefits on some of the flights that I take.

I've got flights on DL to Florida coming up over the Christmas Period and AS and DL seem to be quite chummy when it comes to recipriocal benefits. I've already matched into DL once and currently hold no status there. Would AS even consider matching my status to anything in their programme given that I've never flown with them, nor live in an area served by them?

I must sound really selfish asking this (is there really harm in using the system) but would it
a. Be possible to status match
-and-
b. Would it give me any real benefits besides 1 checked bag on DL flights over the christmas period such as complimentary upgrades? (I've already got zone 1 boarding through Economy Comfort).

Thanks!
Might be possible- but not really any other benefits. Yes free checked bags, but it doesn't even give Economy Comfort. And theoretically there could be an upgrade, but very small chance as you are at the bottom of the upgrade list as an AS elite. I'd probably wait on it when you might have a chance of using the status for AS flights. That or perhaps match to Flying Blue.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
Might be possible- but not really any other benefits. Yes free checked bags, but it doesn't even give Economy Comfort. And theoretically there could be an upgrade, but very small chance as you are at the bottom of the upgrade list as an AS elite. I'd probably wait on it when you might have a chance of using the status for AS flights. That or perhaps match to Flying Blue.
Have already gotten Economy comfort because of the fare codes so not too concerned with that.
Flying Blue said possibly in an email but it was a resounding NO when I followed up with the phone call they requested. Really a shame because they would have gotten my business on a last-minute TATL had they said yes and potentially more since I'm guaranteed silver on BA till 2014 at least.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 11:42 am

Update on my request:

Spoke to an agent today to verify that my documents had arrived and after some searching they were found.

Was told the status level would likely only be matched to MVP only which is disappointing because AA Platinum (AA's equivalent to oneworld sapphire) gets matched to MVP Gold. Can't look a gift horse in the mouth though.

Once it gets processed I might just email them and explain the BA levels and their equivalents to see if they'll consider.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 4:05 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Bonvoy PE; Hilton Diamond
Hey folks. I thought I would post here that I just received confirmation from AS that they upgraded me to MVP Gold -- matching my Air Canada Elite status.

It seems the list of eligible matching airlines always ignores us poor Canadians. .... never ignore your Canadian friends to the north.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 11:32 pm

Programs: DL-GM, AS-MVPG, TK Elite, UA, AA, HH, SPG, PC (Starbucks Gold)
I was never contacted by AS. I found out that I became an MVPGold when I logged into the Alaska website. But, I'll still take it.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 10:22 am

Programs: UA-Plat AS-MVPG
Do they issue a challenge like x number of miles in 90 days or just match you for the rest of the year?

I'm thinking of switching from UA to AS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.