Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 4, 2014, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
Apply from October 1 2017 for status match thru end of 2018.

JANUARY 2017 AS MATCH UPDATE

AS matches to MVPG75K, MVPG and MVP tiers

Alaskaair.com explanation and terms

Auto-response from [email protected]:

Thank you for your interest in our award winning Mileage Plan. If your request did not include a copy of both sides of your current elite card OR a screenshot of your digital elite membership card and a screen shot of your online account showing your name, current status and YTD miles flown please re-submit. Allow 2-4 weeks for processing once we have received your documents. When your Tier Match is complete, you'll receive a welcome email and can check your status at alaskaair.com/myaccount. Please note that Tier Matches can only be extended once during the life of your account and the status is valid through 12/31/2017. We look forward to welcoming you into our program and flying with you for many years to come! Also note, we only offer a Tier Match for: AeroMexico, Air Canada, American, Delta, Frontier, Hawaiian, Jet Blue, Southwest, United, and Virgin America
Attachments:
- Physical Elite Card (both sides) OR Screenshot of Digital Card
- Screenshot of online account with Name / Status / YTD miles flown
ID no longer required. Actual flying of a certain threshold is OFFICIALLY required for determining level of match. Only one match per lifetime of account.

Match to MVP status from:
Aeromexico Gold
Air Canada Altitude 25K (Prestige) and 35K
American Airlines AAdvantage Gold
Delta Silver Medallion
Frontier Elite
Hawaiian Pualani Gold
JetBlue TrueBlue Mosaic
Southwest A List
United Premier Silver and Premier Associate
Match to MVP Gold status from:
Aeromexico Platinum
Air Canada Altitude 50K
American Airlines AAdvantage Platinum
Delta Gold Medallion
Hawaiian Pualani Platinum
Southwest A-List Preferred
United Premier Gold
Match to Gold 75K status from:
Aeromexico Titanio
Air Canada Altitude 75K and 100K
American Airlines Platinum Pro, AAdvantage Executive Platinum, and ConciergeKey
Delta Platinum Medallion and Diamond Medallion
Southwest Companion Pass and A List Preferred (must hold both)
United Platinum, 1K, and Global Services

Ineligible Airline Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business unfortunately, we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who have elite status with [INSERT INELIGIBLE AIRLINE]."
Ineligible MP Address Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business, unfortunately we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who live outside of the Alaska Airlines route structure and therefore
we must decline your request for a Tier Match."
Print Wikipost

AS Status Match - 2018 and Earlier

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2015, 7:59 am

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Gold
Another successful (and almost painless) status match here from Delta Gold. I emailed on 10/12 (Monday) with iPhone screen shot of Gold "card" from Passbook, pic of driver's license, and screen shot of top portion of "My Sky Miles" web page. Since others were asking up thread, I am not at all on track to re-qualify for Delta Gold (burning a ton of UA miles this year - on non UA metal of course) so I purposely cut off the portion of the screen that showed my progress toward requalifying. Not sure if it mattered but I have quite a few AS miles already from non-airline activity of the last couple of years as I had been planning the move to AS strategically for a while.

I kept checking daily and by Thursday evening 10/15 my status had changed to MVP Gold on the AS site. Saturday 10/17, I received the welcome email.

Another important item is how quickly the status could be used for seat selection on AS and partners. It was immediate on AS once my status changed. However it was not until today Sunday 10/18 that AA recognized my status. As of today I was able to both dummy book for MCE seats as well as go into existing reservations (already had my AS account on the record) for free MCE selection. Tried a Delta dummy booking and still not recognized for free EC seat selection.

Looking forward to using AS more (and continuing to use their partners).

Last edited by G2244; Oct 18, 2015 at 8:11 am
Old Oct 20, 2015, 2:59 pm

Programs: Delta Plat IHG Dia, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat, Global Entry, TSA ✓
Got denied Because..
We confirmed with Delta
and they advised that your Gold status was given based on a promotion that they
are offering. Since your Gold status was not earned by flying unfortunately we
are unable to offer you a Tier Match at this time.
Really? should I reply back?
Old Oct 20, 2015, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Jasonkr
Got denied Because..

Well, was your status a result of a status match promo? If so... what's your point? AS shouldn't be allowed to decide not to extend a match to someone who doesn't actually fly all that much?
Old Oct 20, 2015, 6:22 pm

Programs: Delta Plat IHG Dia, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat, Global Entry, TSA ✓
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Well, was your status a result of a status match promo? If so... what's your point? AS shouldn't be allowed to decide not to extend a match to someone who doesn't actually fly all that much?
well.. does it matter at all? I fly frequently
Old Oct 20, 2015, 6:42 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K, HH Diamond
Apparently it matters to AS
Old Oct 20, 2015, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Then shouldn't you be prepared to document your flying in a form that satisfies the airline you wish to match to?

If you "fly frequently"... it's now late October, so you've had most of a year to credit the times you "fly frequently" to a program in a way that would demonstrate how you would qualify for elite status on Alaska. So why not show AS what you've done if they're not satisfied with a DL Gold you got with a status match?
Old Oct 20, 2015, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Then shouldn't you be prepared to document your flying in a form that satisfies the airline you wish to match to?

If you "fly frequently"... it's now late October, so you've had most of a year to credit the times you "fly frequently" to a program in a way that would demonstrate how you would qualify for elite status on Alaska. So why not show AS what you've done if they're not satisfied with a DL Gold you got with a status match?
Just emailed them back
Old Oct 30, 2015, 2:45 pm

I am planning on matching to my WN CP but I dont think I have the physical card. I probably threw it out.
Anyone have success with just a screenshot of CP status attained?
Old Oct 30, 2015, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by kathysrewards
I am planning on matching to my WN CP but I dont think I have the physical card. I probably threw it out.
Anyone have success with just a screenshot of CP status attained?
With CP, you only get MVP now.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by hiima
With CP, you only get MVP now.
So no more MVP Gold? I knew that 75K MVP was no longer.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 4:50 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Got denied Because..

I am UA LT Gold but didn't fly much on UA 2 years ago. They did match my LT Gold status. As I recall it didn't matter that I wasn't currently running many miles through UA that year but I guess they liked that I had previously racked up a million miles with them.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 2:39 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
With the rumors about AAdvantage, we probably will start seeing more status matches now. Hopefully, our upgrade %'s don't get affected too much...
Old Nov 6, 2015, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
With the rumors about AAdvantage, we probably will start seeing more status matches now. Hopefully, our upgrade %'s don't get affected too much...
More, probably, but it won't be a wholesale exodus from AA to AS. Unless an AA flyer is based in SEA or PDX, there's not much use for AS status, so they'll either stick with AA (staying on AA's metal) or switch to another carrier.

For the PNW-based AA flyers, that's exactly who AS wants in the fold, and those flyers can actually reap the benefits of MVP status on AS metal.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
That's likely going to be a long walk off a short pier for anyone who does that thinking they'll escape the AA RDM earning cuts.

If AA goes to RDM earning based on fare, it's a sucker bet that AS will cut RDM earning on AA metal the same way they have for DL discounted economy fares.

And yes, the earning for AS would probably be better on AA premium classes, but if you regularly fly AA premium classes on paid tickets, why would you not want to credit to AA? You're not going to get any SWUs earning on AS... and it's possible that if you're regularly shelling out for AA premium fares you may WIN on AA RDM earning under the new program.

Using cheaptastic coach tickets on long flights is dying as a way to get Krug and caviar. Better get over it. Manufactured spend is the new mileage run as far as that goes.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 3:16 pm

Programs: AC100,DLSilver,ALMVP,Fairmont Platinum
They matched my DL Gold a few of years back but I did have to call and I believe the highest they will give you is Gold no mater what your status with the other airline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.