Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 4, 2014, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
Apply from October 1 2017 for status match thru end of 2018.

JANUARY 2017 AS MATCH UPDATE

AS matches to MVPG75K, MVPG and MVP tiers

Alaskaair.com explanation and terms

Auto-response from [email protected]:

Thank you for your interest in our award winning Mileage Plan. If your request did not include a copy of both sides of your current elite card OR a screenshot of your digital elite membership card and a screen shot of your online account showing your name, current status and YTD miles flown please re-submit. Allow 2-4 weeks for processing once we have received your documents. When your Tier Match is complete, you'll receive a welcome email and can check your status at alaskaair.com/myaccount. Please note that Tier Matches can only be extended once during the life of your account and the status is valid through 12/31/2017. We look forward to welcoming you into our program and flying with you for many years to come! Also note, we only offer a Tier Match for: AeroMexico, Air Canada, American, Delta, Frontier, Hawaiian, Jet Blue, Southwest, United, and Virgin America
Attachments:
- Physical Elite Card (both sides) OR Screenshot of Digital Card
- Screenshot of online account with Name / Status / YTD miles flown
ID no longer required. Actual flying of a certain threshold is OFFICIALLY required for determining level of match. Only one match per lifetime of account.

Match to MVP status from:
Aeromexico Gold
Air Canada Altitude 25K (Prestige) and 35K
American Airlines AAdvantage Gold
Delta Silver Medallion
Frontier Elite
Hawaiian Pualani Gold
JetBlue TrueBlue Mosaic
Southwest A List
United Premier Silver and Premier Associate
Match to MVP Gold status from:
Aeromexico Platinum
Air Canada Altitude 50K
American Airlines AAdvantage Platinum
Delta Gold Medallion
Hawaiian Pualani Platinum
Southwest A-List Preferred
United Premier Gold
Match to Gold 75K status from:
Aeromexico Titanio
Air Canada Altitude 75K and 100K
American Airlines Platinum Pro, AAdvantage Executive Platinum, and ConciergeKey
Delta Platinum Medallion and Diamond Medallion
Southwest Companion Pass and A List Preferred (must hold both)
United Platinum, 1K, and Global Services

Ineligible Airline Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business unfortunately, we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who have elite status with [INSERT INELIGIBLE AIRLINE]."
Ineligible MP Address Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business, unfortunately we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who live outside of the Alaska Airlines route structure and therefore
we must decline your request for a Tier Match."
Print Wikipost

AS Status Match - 2018 and Earlier

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2015, 10:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, WN AP, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Its October 2nd... should I try to status match now or wait till the middle of the month?

Thank you !
I applied for their status match and this was an automated response. So even if you wait til the middle of the month or try to match now, it doesn't seem like it would make a difference since it'll last through 2016.

Thank you for contacting Alaska Airlines Customer Care. We need additional
documentation in order to review your request. Please re-submit a screen shot
of your online account showing your name, current elite level, and YTD miles
flown as well as a copy of your driver's license. Once received we're happy to
review your request. Unfortunately, we no longer offer 75K status based on
Companion Pass status but we will offer MVP Gold.

Please be advised that a Tier Match is only offered to a member who has
achieved elite status by actual flight miles flown and has not earned status
from credit cards or transferred points.

Additionally, please also note that Tier Matches can only be extended once
during the life of a Mileage Plan account and the status is valid through
12/31/2015. If you apply on or after October 1st, at that time we will honor
status through 2016.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 8:28 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Status match request sent today.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 5:51 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Gold
Apologies if this was covered in the long history.

Does anybody have any experience with a status match where their current mileage totals are not in line with their status? My issue is that I will make AA EXP this year, but it's an unusual year and not a status I'm likely to repeat next year. If I apply for a status match next year (Nov 2016), will they look at my status and match me to MVP75k? Or will they look at an EXP with only 30k miles flown and match MVP? If it's the former, it makes sense to wait until next year. If the latter, I might as well get a status match this year to maximize the AS benefits. I'm based in Seattle, so having MVP75k would be really nice.

Thanks
Old Oct 7, 2015, 9:54 am

Programs: UA1K
so i'm assuming if i get granted status this month for 2016, any flights this year will not go towards qualification for 2017?
Old Oct 7, 2015, 11:34 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by haddon90
so i'm assuming if i get granted status this month for 2016, any flights this year will not go towards qualification for 2017?
No. EQMs do not roll over.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by Calculon
No. EQMs do not roll over.
good to know. was thinking of doing a day trip in november to SEA but i'll wait till january so i can bank on the EQMs.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 3:15 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
Status match request sent today.
Granted today. 5 day turn around.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 11:15 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, AA Platinum, IHG Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by bork

Does anybody have any experience with a status match where their current mileage totals are not in line with their status? My issue is that I will make AA EXP this year, but it's an unusual year and not a status I'm likely to repeat next year. If I apply for a status match next year (Nov 2016), will they look at my status and match me to MVP75k? Or will they look at an EXP with only 30k miles flown and match MVP? If it's the former, it makes sense to wait until next year. If the latter, I might as well get a status match this year to maximize the AS benefits. I'm based in Seattle, so having MVP75k would be really nice.

Thanks
I basically have the same question. If you're an EXP who isn't close to requalifying for this year (say you've flown 30K or 50K), and you request a match now with AS, will they still grant MVP 75K thru 2016?
Old Oct 11, 2015, 10:11 pm

Programs: A3 Miles+Bonus
Sent required documents to AS on 10/8 (AA PLAT to AS MVPG) and received confirmation of status match on 10/10 (valid thru 12/31/2016) - a surprisingly fast turnaround and a pretty straightforward process. Looking forward to trying them out DCA-LAX!
Old Oct 12, 2015, 8:00 am

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Plat
Status Match with low current mileage balance?

Originally Posted by bork

Thanks
Post #265 in this thread, from about 12 months ago (Nov 2014), provides this hopeful datapoint:

"Datapoint: I'm a DL PM, sent in the email two weeks ago and received a match to 75k. This year has been an off year with work travel and I wasn't even going to qualify for Silver with DL for next year. I guess they don't look at your mileage balance at all."
Old Oct 12, 2015, 9:55 am

Programs: UA Mileageplus Plat, Hyatt Diamond. Marriott, Gold
4 days!

Applied 10/8 and just got the acceptance/nomination this morning. Suddenly I don't care about united getting that last $600 dollars to get to Platinum so much anymore....
Old Oct 12, 2015, 2:50 pm

took six days...have my UA flights booked the rest of this year and then jumping to AS in 2016.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 1:55 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Paul5795
Post #265 in this thread, from about 12 months ago (Nov 2014), provides this hopeful datapoint:

"Datapoint: I'm a DL PM, sent in the email two weeks ago and received a match to 75k. This year has been an off year with work travel and I wasn't even going to qualify for Silver with DL for next year. I guess they don't look at your mileage balance at all."
Thanks! This does give me hope.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 12:49 pm

5 day turn around for the match.

I dont post much but I thought this was pretty exciting how I worked this status match out.

1. Saw that there was a promo on DL to earn elite status by taking RT flights in the NW. (from PDX)
2. Took 4 RT flights from PDX-SEA at $112 and 2 for $138 over a span of six weeks. Cost was $724. Achieved DL Gold and received about 18K SkyMiles (15K as a bonus, the rest for the flights and a little spend on my DL gold card)
3. Used about 46K A+ points I received from the sign up bonus toward the flights and brought it down to about $250
4. Matched to AS and now have status and the UG showing! very excited!

Factoring in the DL miles at FM's fair trading price and the fees for the GC's to earn the A+ points I earned MVPG for less than $100 and 24h total time spent driving and flying. Not to bad I'd say!

Last edited by WilliamWanderlust22; Oct 15, 2015 at 12:54 pm
Old Oct 17, 2015, 12:29 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Sent application email with credentials (Delta Diamond) on 10/10/15. Receive affirmative reply to MVP Gold75K today (10/15/15).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.