Old Oct 4, 2014, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
Apply from October 1 2017 for status match thru end of 2018.

JANUARY 2017 AS MATCH UPDATE

AS matches to MVPG75K, MVPG and MVP tiers

Alaskaair.com explanation and terms

Auto-response from [email protected]:

Thank you for your interest in our award winning Mileage Plan. If your request did not include a copy of both sides of your current elite card OR a screenshot of your digital elite membership card and a screen shot of your online account showing your name, current status and YTD miles flown please re-submit. Allow 2-4 weeks for processing once we have received your documents. When your Tier Match is complete, you'll receive a welcome email and can check your status at alaskaair.com/myaccount. Please note that Tier Matches can only be extended once during the life of your account and the status is valid through 12/31/2017. We look forward to welcoming you into our program and flying with you for many years to come! Also note, we only offer a Tier Match for: AeroMexico, Air Canada, American, Delta, Frontier, Hawaiian, Jet Blue, Southwest, United, and Virgin America
Attachments:
- Physical Elite Card (both sides) OR Screenshot of Digital Card
- Screenshot of online account with Name / Status / YTD miles flown
ID no longer required. Actual flying of a certain threshold is OFFICIALLY required for determining level of match. Only one match per lifetime of account.

Match to MVP status from:
Aeromexico Gold
Air Canada Altitude 25K (Prestige) and 35K
American Airlines AAdvantage Gold
Delta Silver Medallion
Frontier Elite
Hawaiian Pualani Gold
JetBlue TrueBlue Mosaic
Southwest A List
United Premier Silver and Premier Associate
Match to MVP Gold status from:
Aeromexico Platinum
Air Canada Altitude 50K
American Airlines AAdvantage Platinum
Delta Gold Medallion
Hawaiian Pualani Platinum
Southwest A-List Preferred
United Premier Gold
Match to Gold 75K status from:
Aeromexico Titanio
Air Canada Altitude 75K and 100K
American Airlines Platinum Pro, AAdvantage Executive Platinum, and ConciergeKey
Delta Platinum Medallion and Diamond Medallion
Southwest Companion Pass and A List Preferred (must hold both)
United Platinum, 1K, and Global Services

Ineligible Airline Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business unfortunately, we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who have elite status with [INSERT INELIGIBLE AIRLINE]."
Ineligible MP Address Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business, unfortunately we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who live outside of the Alaska Airlines route structure and therefore
we must decline your request for a Tier Match."
Print Wikipost

AS Status Match - 2018 and Earlier

Old Mar 12, 2015, 7:38 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by CDKing
I wish AS would switch to a challenge vs straight match because it causes too much of this game playing.
I'm glad they have a straight match. I matched from UA and effectively moved over all my business to AS with overflow DL/AA credited to AS. I did this because I could start off with the perks.

If AS did a challenge where you were granted the benefits of the status during the challenge, that would be ok too.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 10:13 am

Programs: AS MVPG75K; UA 1K
Super stoked to get a match to MVP Gold 75K this week. Have already booked two trips and have a few more under the works. Hoping to alleviate my previous addiction to UA. ^

Last edited by matkusopet; Mar 15, 2015 at 2:05 pm Reason: Found the AS Mileage Plan wiki
Old Mar 15, 2015, 1:33 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Just qualified for DL's SEA-based promo (2x RT flights exWashington State for instant Silver Medallion) and used that to request a match with AS. (Could have waited longer to see if I would have gotten Gold via the DL promo, but that would have too deeply cut into my AS match time this calendar year.)

If all goes well, I should be able to re-qualify for status with both airlines for next year.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 5:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, LY Top-Platinum, HGP Diamond, HH Diamond, IHGR Platinum Amb
Denied match

About a ween ago I submitted a request for a status match based on my EXP status with AA. In 2014 I credited a little more than 135,000 EQM to AA. Yet, my request was refused.

Any ideas why that may be? Any recommendations on how to make them reconsider?

I'm not a US citizen, that's the only reason I thought of, but, is that a requirement?

Thanks.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 5:59 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by FlyingOutTLV
I'm not a US citizen, that's the only reason I thought of, but, is that a requirement?

Thanks.
Might be because you're not a US citizen. No reason for them to grant you AS status if you're not going to fly on their flights. If you actually travel on routes that they operate then maybe send them another e-mail and show your past flight history.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 6:59 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Might be because you're not a US citizen. No reason for them to grant you AS status if you're not going to fly on their flights. If you actually travel on routes that they operate then maybe send them another e-mail and show your past flight history.
I highly doubt citizenship matters. Foreign address nowhere near Alaska's routes, maybe, but not citizenship.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 8:38 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jchilders
I highly doubt citizenship matters. Foreign address nowhere near Alaska's routes, maybe, but not citizenship.
That's what I meant to say, my bad. ^
Old Mar 16, 2015, 9:45 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
That's what I meant to say, my bad. ^
Well then I think you could very well be right
Old Mar 17, 2015, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, LY Top-Platinum, HGP Diamond, HH Diamond, IHGR Platinum Amb
Originally Posted by jchilders
You're right. This is the reply I got after asking them to reconsider:

"Unfortunately, we do not offer Tier Matches to members who live outside of the Alaska Airlines route structure and therefore we respectfully decline your request for a Tier Match".

It is unfortunate, but it make sense. So I'm staying 100% with AAdvantage and Flying Blue it seems.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 10:41 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
AS matched UA Premier Gold Million Miler to MVP Gold. I told them I expect to fly enough to qualify for MVP 75K, but they only matched me to Gold. Oh well.... maybe this means I will fly more on DL in paid F instead of AS to reach 75K.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 12:28 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by spermwhale
I received my MVPG75K package today.
Same with me. Pretty happy about getting 2 baggage tags, instead of just 1. I guess I'm gonna tag everything now.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 8:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by hiima
Originally Posted by spermwhale
I received my MVPG75K package today.
Same with me. Pretty happy about getting 2 baggage tags, instead of just 1. I guess I'm gonna tag everything now.
As AS doesn't put years on them...think about what you'll tag after 4-5 years
Old Mar 24, 2015, 12:18 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, UA Silver, Marriott + SPG Gold, Global Entry
I just submitted my match last night. I'm going from UA Silver so hoping for lowly MVP but due to the nature of my work, I have to check a bag almost every damn time so I am really hoping they can help me out with the MVP status.

For what it's worth, I submitted screenshots of my UA card in the app (front and back), a screenshot of my account activity and statement showing my status, and a photo of my passport. Oddly enough, my name is spelled wrong on my drivers license and while it's never an issue when I fly, people do seem to notice when trying to match things up...
Old Mar 25, 2015, 3:38 am

Programs: AS MVPG75K; UA 1K
Hi all, a question (I couldn't find it elsewhere and thought this a good place to ask): I got the match to MVP75, but not the 50,000 miles. Does it take time to process or is it something I won't receive because it's a status match? Thanks!
Old Mar 25, 2015, 4:03 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by matkusopet
Hi all, a question (I couldn't find it elsewhere and thought this a good place to ask): I got the match to MVP75, but not the 50,000 miles. Does it take time to process or is it something I won't receive because it's a status match? Thanks!
Only earned status triggers the 50k otherwise AS would be flooded with match requests

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.