Old Oct 4, 2014, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
Apply from October 1 2017 for status match thru end of 2018.

JANUARY 2017 AS MATCH UPDATE

AS matches to MVPG75K, MVPG and MVP tiers

Alaskaair.com explanation and terms

Auto-response from [email protected]:

Thank you for your interest in our award winning Mileage Plan. If your request did not include a copy of both sides of your current elite card OR a screenshot of your digital elite membership card and a screen shot of your online account showing your name, current status and YTD miles flown please re-submit. Allow 2-4 weeks for processing once we have received your documents. When your Tier Match is complete, you'll receive a welcome email and can check your status at alaskaair.com/myaccount. Please note that Tier Matches can only be extended once during the life of your account and the status is valid through 12/31/2017. We look forward to welcoming you into our program and flying with you for many years to come! Also note, we only offer a Tier Match for: AeroMexico, Air Canada, American, Delta, Frontier, Hawaiian, Jet Blue, Southwest, United, and Virgin America
Attachments:
- Physical Elite Card (both sides) OR Screenshot of Digital Card
- Screenshot of online account with Name / Status / YTD miles flown
ID no longer required. Actual flying of a certain threshold is OFFICIALLY required for determining level of match. Only one match per lifetime of account.

Match to MVP status from:
Aeromexico Gold
Air Canada Altitude 25K (Prestige) and 35K
American Airlines AAdvantage Gold
Delta Silver Medallion
Frontier Elite
Hawaiian Pualani Gold
JetBlue TrueBlue Mosaic
Southwest A List
United Premier Silver and Premier Associate
Match to MVP Gold status from:
Aeromexico Platinum
Air Canada Altitude 50K
American Airlines AAdvantage Platinum
Delta Gold Medallion
Hawaiian Pualani Platinum
Southwest A-List Preferred
United Premier Gold
Match to Gold 75K status from:
Aeromexico Titanio
Air Canada Altitude 75K and 100K
American Airlines Platinum Pro, AAdvantage Executive Platinum, and ConciergeKey
Delta Platinum Medallion and Diamond Medallion
Southwest Companion Pass and A List Preferred (must hold both)
United Platinum, 1K, and Global Services

Ineligible Airline Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business unfortunately, we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who have elite status with [INSERT INELIGIBLE AIRLINE]."
Ineligible MP Address Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business, unfortunately we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who live outside of the Alaska Airlines route structure and therefore
we must decline your request for a Tier Match."
Print Wikipost

AS Status Match - 2018 and Earlier

Old Jan 17, 2015, 11:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by seacarl
Originally Posted by dave1013
Call Customer Care a week to ten days after your status changed and have them take out your FF number out of reservations you made when of lower status, then have them put it back in. That usually does the trick. If the agent won't do it, hang up and call again. Assistance on this procedure has been hit or miss.
Thanks for the answer. That will be a bit of PITA as I already booked quite a few trips this year...
Well not as bad as sitting in Y more often
Old Jan 18, 2015, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by lky001
I tried to match with CX diamond, TK elite plus, BA silver but all got rejected by January. Any advice on how to get the match?
You would somehow need to get status with a North American based carrier. None of which are automatic. I wish AS would switch to a challenge vs straight match because it causes too much of this game playing.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 9:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
GF submitted status match on Jan 07 and finally approved today. UA Plat to MVPG75K. Not going to complain. She has not received the email. AS must be doing a lot of last minute status matches.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 9:13 am

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Well not as bad as sitting in Y more often
Well of course!
Old Jan 25, 2015, 12:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by sna430
GF submitted status match on Jan 07 and finally approved today. UA Plat to MVPG75K. Not going to complain. She has not received the email. AS must be doing a lot of last minute status matches.
That...or lots of last-minute people requesting missing flights.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 7:23 pm

Programs: AA PLAT (2.8MM), DL Diamond, UA*S, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTE, Hilton DIAMOND, IHG PLT
I just submitted my AA EXP credentials for MVP Gold 75K status match. I only credited my Delta flights to Alaska last year and churned some BoA credit cards. Hoping for a fast response to the match since I have a trip on AS next month (Transcon) and hoping for a chance for an upgrade. Will be crediting my excess international AA flights to this account after I qualify for EXP again. Fingers crossed!
Old Feb 1, 2015, 8:56 pm

Programs: SPG Plat100, Marriott Plat, AS MVP Gold, UA Premier Gold
Requested status match from United 1K on 1/13. I have some business travel rapidly approaching that I wanted to take with AS, so I called Customer Care on Thursday. A very nice woman picked up and took down my info, promising to check on my status match and get back to me. She emailed me same day (1/29) to let me know that they would process my status match by "early next week".

No email yet, but I checked my account today and I'm showing as MVP Gold 75K. I guess it hasn't fully processed through their system yet because I booked my travel for 2/9 and I couldn't change my seats to any of the elite seats. But I called their reservations line and another very nice woman was able to manually change my seats for me. Looking forward to my first AS flight - good riddance, UA!
Old Feb 7, 2015, 11:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by inf1nite
Requested status match from United 1K on 1/13. I have some business travel rapidly approaching that I wanted to take with AS, so I called Customer Care on Thursday. A very nice woman picked up and took down my info, promising to check on my status match and get back to me. She emailed me same day (1/29) to let me know that they would process my status match by "early next week".

No email yet, but I checked my account today and I'm showing as MVP Gold 75K. I guess it hasn't fully processed through their system yet because I booked my travel for 2/9 and I couldn't change my seats to any of the elite seats. But I called their reservations line and another very nice woman was able to manually change my seats for me. Looking forward to my first AS flight - good riddance, UA!
Roughly 1 week after your new status, you should call in and have your FF info taken off and re-entered so that it properly shows in the reservation
Old Feb 17, 2015, 8:28 pm

Programs: AA PLAT (2.8MM), DL Diamond, UA*S, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTE, Hilton DIAMOND, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by utpharmdoc
I just submitted my AA EXP credentials for MVP Gold 75K status match. I only credited my Delta flights to Alaska last year and churned some BoA credit cards. Hoping for a fast response to the match since I have a trip on AS next month (Transcon) and hoping for a chance for an upgrade. Will be crediting my excess international AA flights to this account after I qualify for EXP again. Fingers crossed!
Match finally came through on Feb 14 in the evening.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 6:43 pm

Programs: AS G75K; Hilton Diamond
Submitted 2/10, updated in profile 3/1
DL Plat to AS 75K
Old Mar 1, 2015, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
DL Platinum thru 31 Jan 2016: if I match now, when will AS status expire? what about if I wait until I requalify thru 31 Jan 2017 (probably Sep/Oct)?
Old Mar 1, 2015, 7:38 pm

Programs: All the Programs...
Originally Posted by jrl767
DL Platinum thru 31 Jan 2016: if I match now, when will AS status expire? what about if I wait until I requalify thru 31 Jan 2017 (probably Sep/Oct)?
From the wiki:
Please note that Tier Matches can only be extended once during the life of your
account and the status is valid through 12/31/2015.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 8:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AS MVP, TK Gold, Bonvoy Titatium
Originally Posted by CDKing
You would somehow need to get status with a North American based carrier. None of which are automatic. I wish AS would switch to a challenge vs straight match because it causes too much of this game playing.
Negative still after using Virgin America Gold to match

Thank you for your request for a Tier Match in our Mileage Plan program. Upon
further review, unfortunately we are unable to grant your request. We've made
this decision based on our internal assessment process.

Thank you once again for your interest in our program.

Kind Regards,

January
Alaska Airlines Customer Care
Old Mar 6, 2015, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by lky001
Negative still after using Virgin America Gold to match

Thank you for your request for a Tier Match in our Mileage Plan program. Upon
further review, unfortunately we are unable to grant your request. We've made
this decision based on our internal assessment process.

Thank you once again for your interest in our program.

Kind Regards,

January
Alaska Airlines Customer Care
Interesting since Virgin America has been specifically accepted just back in October. Unless for some reason they mistook it for Virgin Australia?
Old Mar 11, 2015, 3:14 pm

Matched SW Companion pass to MVPG75K

I received my MVPG75K package today.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.