Old Oct 4, 2014, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
Apply from October 1 2017 for status match thru end of 2018.

JANUARY 2017 AS MATCH UPDATE

AS matches to MVPG75K, MVPG and MVP tiers

Alaskaair.com explanation and terms

Auto-response from [email protected]:

Thank you for your interest in our award winning Mileage Plan. If your request did not include a copy of both sides of your current elite card OR a screenshot of your digital elite membership card and a screen shot of your online account showing your name, current status and YTD miles flown please re-submit. Allow 2-4 weeks for processing once we have received your documents. When your Tier Match is complete, you'll receive a welcome email and can check your status at alaskaair.com/myaccount. Please note that Tier Matches can only be extended once during the life of your account and the status is valid through 12/31/2017. We look forward to welcoming you into our program and flying with you for many years to come! Also note, we only offer a Tier Match for: AeroMexico, Air Canada, American, Delta, Frontier, Hawaiian, Jet Blue, Southwest, United, and Virgin America
Attachments:
- Physical Elite Card (both sides) OR Screenshot of Digital Card
- Screenshot of online account with Name / Status / YTD miles flown
ID no longer required. Actual flying of a certain threshold is OFFICIALLY required for determining level of match. Only one match per lifetime of account.

Match to MVP status from:
Aeromexico Gold
Air Canada Altitude 25K (Prestige) and 35K
American Airlines AAdvantage Gold
Delta Silver Medallion
Frontier Elite
Hawaiian Pualani Gold
JetBlue TrueBlue Mosaic
Southwest A List
United Premier Silver and Premier Associate
Match to MVP Gold status from:
Aeromexico Platinum
Air Canada Altitude 50K
American Airlines AAdvantage Platinum
Delta Gold Medallion
Hawaiian Pualani Platinum
Southwest A-List Preferred
United Premier Gold
Match to Gold 75K status from:
Aeromexico Titanio
Air Canada Altitude 75K and 100K
American Airlines Platinum Pro, AAdvantage Executive Platinum, and ConciergeKey
Delta Platinum Medallion and Diamond Medallion
Southwest Companion Pass and A List Preferred (must hold both)
United Platinum, 1K, and Global Services

Ineligible Airline Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business unfortunately, we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who have elite status with [INSERT INELIGIBLE AIRLINE]."
Ineligible MP Address Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business, unfortunately we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who live outside of the Alaska Airlines route structure and therefore
we must decline your request for a Tier Match."
Print Wikipost

AS Status Match - 2018 and Earlier

Old Dec 10, 2014, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It took 16 days to get a [positive] reply and match in the past month.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by chexfan
It took 16 days to get a [positive] reply and match in the past month.
Ah, ok. Seems like we're hearing a lot more "I was approved in (insert single digit number) days!" than "yeah, they actually take the full time to process these."
Old Dec 11, 2014, 2:32 pm

No email yet but just noticed in my account that I have been matched to MVPG (AA Plat). Took 5 (!) days .
Old Dec 12, 2014, 3:29 pm

I got a status match back in march to alaska mvp from united silver. It expires at the end of this month. If I had the extra 3 months time I would be able to easily make it back to mvp for next year, but I am now going to fall just short. Is there any way of getting a couple month extension so I can get a full year out of the match? If not I will probably just status match a new account, lol...
Old Dec 12, 2014, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by llbad
I got a status match back in march to alaska mvp from united silver. It expires at the end of this month. If I had the extra 3 months time I would be able to easily make it back to mvp for next year, but I am now going to fall just short. Is there any way of getting a couple month extension so I can get a full year out of the match? If not I will probably just status match a new account, lol...
As far as I know AS does not extend matches. If you are a few hundred miles off you may want to call to see if they will give you a bump.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 7:03 pm

Programs: VS Gold, QPPS, CX, DJ, SG, AA, NH
Same question as User29 on the previous page, anyone heard of any successful AS matches from Qantas Frequent Flyer at all?
Old Dec 13, 2014, 1:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by CDKing
As far as I know AS does not extend matches. If you are a few hundred miles off you may want to call to see if they will give you a bump.
Not just that, but generally AS matches are 'once in a lifetime' so you used your match already. I'd just double down and fly a bit, 20K is easy in 3-4 days.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thewinchester
Same question as User29 on the previous page, anyone heard of any successful AS matches from Qantas Frequent Flyer at all?
None that I know of. AS does not list Qantas as one of the ones they match. The list is in the wiki above.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 9:03 am

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Another option, if you don't make it, is to sign up for the challenge which, if AS decides to conduct one in 2015, is typically announced in the first half of January. They've done it the last few years - no guarantee they would do it again. But they might.

The only hitch is, you must be invited to participate.

Historically, to regain MVP status via the challenge, one needs to fly four AS/QX segments between January 15 and March 15 (or 8 for MVPG). So an invite would come a few days before 1/15.

If they offer it, you might be a candidate. AS seems to focus their challenge invites on people who fall slightly short of having flown the required miles in the previous year. That you status-matched this year may or may not affect you getting an invite.

If you fall short but don't get an invite, you can call and request one. That, too, is not a sure thing. But there have been reports on this board from those who were able to talk their way into an invite.

In the end, I agree with beckoa - best to take control of the situation and fly the miles if you can swing it.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 10:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by user29
I am very interested in this as I do a lot of flying in that region, generally I credit to Virgin Aus / Qantas (I am in Apac).

Understanding the sticky has anyone had success being matched with any airline outside of the list (and is their a double hop - I .e Virgin Aus to Virgin America to Alaska).

Thoughts?
I matched from QF Plat to MVPG back on march, so I'm not sure how matching to 75k will go. I provided them with the standard stuff plus future itinerary on AS and partners and said that I've moved to the US(which was true)
Old Dec 13, 2014, 7:27 pm

Programs: Qantas
qantas

I have tried so I will feed back here if sucessfull, I also have platinum with virgin aus. So if qff isn't accepted il try va.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 1:32 am

Originally Posted by Epicura
No email yet but just noticed in my account that I have been matched to MVPG (AA Plat). Took 5 (!) days .
The email came 1 day after.

About status matches with other FFP than mentioned in the WIKI/email notification from AS (non-US FFP): please note that my husband was kindly matched to MVP from QR PC silver. I don't know if this will be common practice. In my request future reservations on AS-partners were clearly mentioned (EK, DL and AA).
Old Dec 14, 2014, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by user29
I have tried so I will feed back here if sucessfull, I also have platinum with virgin aus. So if qff isn't accepted il try va.
Yep, please let us know. we can only go based off evidence reported here since AS indicates they only match north american carriers.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 4:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat, Turkish Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold
Thanks for sharing the experiences
Old Dec 15, 2014, 1:41 am

AS Status Match

Finally got matched to MVP75K! Just like others have reported, I haven't gotten the email yet, but I just logged in (like I've been doing obsessively for two weeks now!) and saw the change! Woohoo!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.