Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 4, 2014, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
Apply from October 1 2017 for status match thru end of 2018.

JANUARY 2017 AS MATCH UPDATE

AS matches to MVPG75K, MVPG and MVP tiers

Alaskaair.com explanation and terms

Auto-response from [email protected]:

Thank you for your interest in our award winning Mileage Plan. If your request did not include a copy of both sides of your current elite card OR a screenshot of your digital elite membership card and a screen shot of your online account showing your name, current status and YTD miles flown please re-submit. Allow 2-4 weeks for processing once we have received your documents. When your Tier Match is complete, you'll receive a welcome email and can check your status at alaskaair.com/myaccount. Please note that Tier Matches can only be extended once during the life of your account and the status is valid through 12/31/2017. We look forward to welcoming you into our program and flying with you for many years to come! Also note, we only offer a Tier Match for: AeroMexico, Air Canada, American, Delta, Frontier, Hawaiian, Jet Blue, Southwest, United, and Virgin America
Attachments:
- Physical Elite Card (both sides) OR Screenshot of Digital Card
- Screenshot of online account with Name / Status / YTD miles flown
ID no longer required. Actual flying of a certain threshold is OFFICIALLY required for determining level of match. Only one match per lifetime of account.

Match to MVP status from:
Aeromexico Gold
Air Canada Altitude 25K (Prestige) and 35K
American Airlines AAdvantage Gold
Delta Silver Medallion
Frontier Elite
Hawaiian Pualani Gold
JetBlue TrueBlue Mosaic
Southwest A List
United Premier Silver and Premier Associate
Match to MVP Gold status from:
Aeromexico Platinum
Air Canada Altitude 50K
American Airlines AAdvantage Platinum
Delta Gold Medallion
Hawaiian Pualani Platinum
Southwest A-List Preferred
United Premier Gold
Match to Gold 75K status from:
Aeromexico Titanio
Air Canada Altitude 75K and 100K
American Airlines Platinum Pro, AAdvantage Executive Platinum, and ConciergeKey
Delta Platinum Medallion and Diamond Medallion
Southwest Companion Pass and A List Preferred (must hold both)
United Platinum, 1K, and Global Services

Ineligible Airline Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business unfortunately, we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who have elite status with [INSERT INELIGIBLE AIRLINE]."
Ineligible MP Address Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business, unfortunately we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who live outside of the Alaska Airlines route structure and therefore
we must decline your request for a Tier Match."
Print Wikipost

AS Status Match - 2018 and Earlier

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2014, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by patchan8984
Submitted Friday and this morning MVP 75...looking forward to a year with Alaska!
Aren't SMs valid only to the end of the current year, so one made now would only last until December 31st?

BTW AS will only match NAmerican FF programs:

"Also note, we only offer a Tier Match for: AeroMexico, Air Canada, American,
Delta, Frontier, Hawaiian, Jet Blue, Southwest, United, US Airways, and Virgin
America."
Old Nov 7, 2014, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by djibouti
Well, sounds like it wasn't a fluke. It would seem that Alaska now matches to 75k! Maybe they're anticipating a rash of PO'd EXPs from AA with the merger?
More like PO'd UA 1Ks who missed the AA SM a couple of years ago and have recognized little has changed. Except for RDM earnings as of next March. AA's program is too good for ExecPlats to jump ship...and all it's positive benefits have been retained for next year.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 4:51 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by travelmonkey05
\I've tried to search the thread and can't seem to find an answer... do all status matches go Gold? or might they just go to MVP? I've got ac 35k right now.
They might go to MVP according to previous reports.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 1:58 pm

Has anyone had any luck getting status matched with expiring status? I'd like to wait until next November to ask for a status match, since I won't be flying that much on Alaska until 2016, but my status (United platinum) will likely be running out. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by jimjam14
Has anyone had any luck getting status matched with expiring status? I'd like to wait until next November to ask for a status match, since I won't be flying that much on Alaska until 2016, but my status (United platinum) will likely be running out. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Welcome to FlyerTalk! If you are asking about status matching in November 2015 with status that expires in early 2015 I would say that your chances are basically zero. If your status will be expiring in early 2016 with United then you shouldn't have a problem under the current rules.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 4:18 pm

I did a match from UA 1K to AS MVPG in 11/2013, when my 1K status expired in 1/2014 - no problem
Old Nov 9, 2014, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uaflr
I did a match from UA 1K to AS MVPG in 11/2013, when my 1K status expired in 1/2014 - no problem
If you did the status match last November, then did your AS MVPG not last for just two months, til the end of December 2013? So even if your UA 1K expired so would your status match. Or did they match you for 14-months?
Old Nov 10, 2014, 1:28 am

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
Originally Posted by Shareholder
If you did the status match last November, then did your AS MVPG not last for just two months, til the end of December 2013? So even if your UA 1K expired so would your status match. Or did they match you for 14-months?
status matches past a certain point in 2014 is good until end of 2015. So yes, 14 months.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 1:34 pm

Status match after 10/31 of each year - you get status for 14 months

If you status match on 11/1/2014 - new status will be good thru 12/31/2015!!
Old Nov 10, 2014, 1:44 pm

Received my turn down for UA 1K status match to MVPG75:

"Unfortunately, I am unable to grant you MVP Gold75k status due to the fact that MVP Gold75k is not a status that we match."

Must have talked to the wrong manager. Started with a regular agent, then supervisor, finally the manager. Is there any one else?
Old Nov 10, 2014, 7:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

"Unfortunately, I am unable to grant you MVP Gold75k status due to the fact that MVP Gold75k is not a status that we match."

Must have talked to the wrong manager. Started with a regular agent, then supervisor, finally the manager. Is there any one else?
Maybe AS reversed course with matching to 75K. Have seen OAL's change matching programs due to the demand from FT and elsewhere.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Figured with the further changes to the UA program next year, AS was the best alternative for the future (in addition to my ExecPlat AA status) so applied for a SM last Tuesday. Account was upgraded Friday, official email confirmation received Sunday. MP1K=MVP75KGold. Have AS flights this week and next to test out benefits, though had to call in to change FF number from AA to AS on these previously booked reservations. Have BoardRoom access through PriorityPass and registered my TrustedTraveler number for TSAPreCheck so all should go well.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Given that you already matched to MVPG from UA 1K back in 2013, I'm not terribly surprised. Status matches are generally not given multiple times. Particularly if you just did it the previous year.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 5:02 am

I was told that AS would not match to MVP75Gold. I was told they would not change this policy. I was NOT requesting a second match for the coming year.

I was asking that AS change my status for the balance of this year.

When I talked with the supervisor on the phone, I was told AS is not currently matching to MVP75Gold.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 7:11 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by beckoa
Maybe AS reversed course with matching to 75K. Have seen OAL's change matching programs due to the demand from FT and elsewhere.
I'm hopeful this is the new policy --- that 75K has to be earned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.