Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 4, 2014, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
Apply from October 1 2017 for status match thru end of 2018.

JANUARY 2017 AS MATCH UPDATE

AS matches to MVPG75K, MVPG and MVP tiers

Alaskaair.com explanation and terms

Auto-response from [email protected]:

Thank you for your interest in our award winning Mileage Plan. If your request did not include a copy of both sides of your current elite card OR a screenshot of your digital elite membership card and a screen shot of your online account showing your name, current status and YTD miles flown please re-submit. Allow 2-4 weeks for processing once we have received your documents. When your Tier Match is complete, you'll receive a welcome email and can check your status at alaskaair.com/myaccount. Please note that Tier Matches can only be extended once during the life of your account and the status is valid through 12/31/2017. We look forward to welcoming you into our program and flying with you for many years to come! Also note, we only offer a Tier Match for: AeroMexico, Air Canada, American, Delta, Frontier, Hawaiian, Jet Blue, Southwest, United, and Virgin America
Attachments:
- Physical Elite Card (both sides) OR Screenshot of Digital Card
- Screenshot of online account with Name / Status / YTD miles flown
ID no longer required. Actual flying of a certain threshold is OFFICIALLY required for determining level of match. Only one match per lifetime of account.

Match to MVP status from:
Aeromexico Gold
Air Canada Altitude 25K (Prestige) and 35K
American Airlines AAdvantage Gold
Delta Silver Medallion
Frontier Elite
Hawaiian Pualani Gold
JetBlue TrueBlue Mosaic
Southwest A List
United Premier Silver and Premier Associate
Match to MVP Gold status from:
Aeromexico Platinum
Air Canada Altitude 50K
American Airlines AAdvantage Platinum
Delta Gold Medallion
Hawaiian Pualani Platinum
Southwest A-List Preferred
United Premier Gold
Match to Gold 75K status from:
Aeromexico Titanio
Air Canada Altitude 75K and 100K
American Airlines Platinum Pro, AAdvantage Executive Platinum, and ConciergeKey
Delta Platinum Medallion and Diamond Medallion
Southwest Companion Pass and A List Preferred (must hold both)
United Platinum, 1K, and Global Services

Ineligible Airline Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business unfortunately, we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who have elite status with [INSERT INELIGIBLE AIRLINE]."
Ineligible MP Address Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business, unfortunately we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who live outside of the Alaska Airlines route structure and therefore
we must decline your request for a Tier Match."
Print Wikipost

AS Status Match - 2018 and Earlier

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2012, 9:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.261 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by mikelat
Originally Posted by koopas
Called Mileage Plan and lo and behold, the status match had gone through...just hadn't updated on the AS site (until I hung up the phone and checked of course).

How long does it take to get the MVP card in the mail? Does one need to present it to get the checked luggage fee waived?
I didn't need the card to get luggage fees waived. They had it noted in the system already when I checked in with my AS FF #. This was checking in the day after my match went through.
Expect about a week for the status to 'purge' into the rest of the systems at AS. It takes time for all updates to run- congrats and welcome to AS ^ Oh and be sure to peek at the BoA CC for even more mileage
Old Feb 14, 2012, 11:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS, DL
Beckoa,

Thanks for the warm welcome. Already have the BofA CC

Btw, what is a "pure AS MVP Gold75k" vs. a regular AS MPVG 75?

I have a flight coming up next month SEA-MIA on AS with the gf. I already snatched preferred seating (seats 10A, 10B)...but was wondering what's special about it, besides being further up front in the cabin. Do you get more legroom?

And I guess MVP's don't get to upgrade their companions right? That would be asking too much....

Last edited by koopas; Feb 14, 2012 at 11:50 pm
Old Feb 14, 2012, 11:48 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
what is a "pure MVPG"?
Pure Gold is attained by flying AS & QX only to qualify for status. The does not include flying and accruing partner miles.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 11:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS, DL
Is there such a thing as "pure MVP" as well? Are you entitled to extra benefits by qualifying on all-AS & QX flights?
Old Feb 14, 2012, 11:57 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Is there such a thing as "pure MVP" as well? Are you entitled to extra benefits by qualifying on all-AS & QX flights?
no, AS does not recognize that.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 12:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.261 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by BOB W
Yup just for 'braggin' rights on FT

And no companion UG's as MVP- fly a bit more for Gold, it sure is nice .

Row 10 does get you off the plane faster and the beverage/food carts go past you sooner. It is a bit longer walk to the lav, but good to stretch your legs on longer flights.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 11:35 pm

Programs: UA life 1K, 2MM; AA Life Pt 3mm; DL nada now!; AS nada now; BA, FD, CX, LH, DD, Amex Pt, Diners
My experience on status match

I called and got the most charming most helpful agent in the world and she matched me subject to a fax of my other cards. And that has been my experience ever since. Great meals. Free beers on Horizon. Free drink in coach on Alaska main line. Friendly. Change tickets without a quibble. Were about to switch me to SNA instead of LAX free of charge the other morning but plane was full so it did not work out unfortunately. BR clubs are excellent and unlike United they actually stay open till the last flights go out. I have used Alaska many times in the past but never as an "insider" and I have to say that I am very impressed. Wish they flew internationally! Actually no, I hope they do not over expand to tell the truth. That might be the end of them. And if DL or AA thinks of buying the up then I will call everyone in DC I can possibly think of because they'd ruin them.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 11:21 am

Programs: Alaska Air MVPGold, Marriott Gold
Glad to be back in the family!! My status match just went through from United Premier Exec to AS MVP Gold - I lost my MVP Gold-75K status after moving to Las Vegas last year, but am headed back to the Pac NW and got matched to MVP Gold - couldn't get them to budge on the MVPG-75K match though
Old Feb 17, 2012, 7:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by UAAAPeter
I called and got the most charming most helpful agent in the world and she matched me subject to a fax of my other cards. And that has been my experience ever since. Great meals. Free beers on Horizon. Free drink in coach on Alaska main line. Friendly. Change tickets without a quibble. Were about to switch me to SNA instead of LAX free of charge the other morning but plane was full so it did not work out unfortunately. BR clubs are excellent and unlike United they actually stay open till the last flights go out. I have used Alaska many times in the past but never as an "insider" and I have to say that I am very impressed. Wish they flew internationally! Actually no, I hope they do not over expand to tell the truth. That might be the end of them. And if DL or AA thinks of buying the up then I will call everyone in DC I can possibly think of because they'd ruin them.
Wow, good to hear of some positive experience. Even out of Austin you find AS to work for you? Do you mostly fly to west coast & Pac NW? I thought AS was a bit limited out of AS?

But, yeah, the MVPG benefits are nice. I would have liked to have kept status but I just don't fly enough to keep AA EXP + AS MVPG. And doing AA Plat + AS MVPG would have meant losing too many valuable things (comp upgrades + SWUs in particular).
Old Feb 17, 2012, 11:37 pm

Programs: Various
I presume everybody here knows that doing a status match with Alaska Airlines/Mileage Plan is a 'one time' deal.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 10:11 am
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by BOB W
in a way they do. It gets you MVP 5K miles quicker than using partners
Old Feb 18, 2012, 10:12 am
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by Robt760
I presume everybody here knows that doing a status match with Alaska Airlines/Mileage Plan is a 'one time' deal.
theoretically. Kinda like a life sentence in prison... ten to fifteen years or so
Old Jul 19, 2012, 9:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Is there a time of year when the status match will be good through the remainder of the year and next year? I was going to haven't partner match from 1k to MVP gold but want to ale sure he has it for all of 2013.

Then in 2013 I think we will both qualify for MVP which will be good enough as the instant upgrade dates aren't that much more $$ between the two.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 10:35 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by SF1K
Is there a time of year when the status match will be good through the remainder of the year and next year? I was going to haven't partner match from 1k to MVP gold but want to ale sure he has it for all of 2013.

Then in 2013 I think we will both qualify for MVP which will be good enough as the instant upgrade dates aren't that much more $$ between the two.
After Oct 1, your status match will be good through the end of the following year. Before Oct 1, your status match will be good until the end of the current year.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 9:32 am

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I sent my status match request along with necessary documents (SAS Gold) to [email protected] on Monday, still heard back from them as of Wednesday. Is this normal?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.