Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 4, 2014, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
Apply from October 1 2017 for status match thru end of 2018.

JANUARY 2017 AS MATCH UPDATE

AS matches to MVPG75K, MVPG and MVP tiers

Alaskaair.com explanation and terms

Auto-response from [email protected]:

Thank you for your interest in our award winning Mileage Plan. If your request did not include a copy of both sides of your current elite card OR a screenshot of your digital elite membership card and a screen shot of your online account showing your name, current status and YTD miles flown please re-submit. Allow 2-4 weeks for processing once we have received your documents. When your Tier Match is complete, you'll receive a welcome email and can check your status at alaskaair.com/myaccount. Please note that Tier Matches can only be extended once during the life of your account and the status is valid through 12/31/2017. We look forward to welcoming you into our program and flying with you for many years to come! Also note, we only offer a Tier Match for: AeroMexico, Air Canada, American, Delta, Frontier, Hawaiian, Jet Blue, Southwest, United, and Virgin America
Attachments:
- Physical Elite Card (both sides) OR Screenshot of Digital Card
- Screenshot of online account with Name / Status / YTD miles flown
ID no longer required. Actual flying of a certain threshold is OFFICIALLY required for determining level of match. Only one match per lifetime of account.

Match to MVP status from:
Aeromexico Gold
Air Canada Altitude 25K (Prestige) and 35K
American Airlines AAdvantage Gold
Delta Silver Medallion
Frontier Elite
Hawaiian Pualani Gold
JetBlue TrueBlue Mosaic
Southwest A List
United Premier Silver and Premier Associate
Match to MVP Gold status from:
Aeromexico Platinum
Air Canada Altitude 50K
American Airlines AAdvantage Platinum
Delta Gold Medallion
Hawaiian Pualani Platinum
Southwest A-List Preferred
United Premier Gold
Match to Gold 75K status from:
Aeromexico Titanio
Air Canada Altitude 75K and 100K
American Airlines Platinum Pro, AAdvantage Executive Platinum, and ConciergeKey
Delta Platinum Medallion and Diamond Medallion
Southwest Companion Pass and A List Preferred (must hold both)
United Platinum, 1K, and Global Services

Ineligible Airline Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business unfortunately, we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who have elite status with [INSERT INELIGIBLE AIRLINE]."
Ineligible MP Address Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business, unfortunately we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who live outside of the Alaska Airlines route structure and therefore
we must decline your request for a Tier Match."
Print Wikipost

AS Status Match - 2018 and Earlier

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2014, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by jackal
Dude, calm down.

If you think about it rationally, there is no logical argument for why anyone getting matched to 75K will materially affect your experience. To quote a mutual friend of ours, the 75K matches fall into the following three camps:

Groups 1 and 3 won't fly enough to affect you. Group 2 will become 75K quickly enough anyway, so they just get a small head-start that really doesn't affect you.

Why are you so possessive about your 75K status?
I'm not even 75K. I would be if it weren't for the dump 90K w/ partners requirement. I'm not opposed to giving it away to 1K, Diamond or Exec Plat but not mid tier elites who fly the same as me are getting better treatment. Maybe I'm just becoming an over entitled elite. I don't really care about Upgrades that much anymore since the new seats are too damn cramped.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 10:48 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by CDKing
I'm not even 75K. I would be if it weren't for the dump 90K w/ partners requirement. I'm not opposed to giving it away to 1K, Diamond or Exec Plat but not mid tier elites who fly the same as me are getting better treatment. Maybe I'm just becoming an over entitled elite. I don't really care about Upgrades that much anymore since the new seats are too damn cramped.
This is the only sticking point for me as well (and a pretty minor one to be honest). I'll end the year with ~60k EQM split ~25k AS, ~25k DL, and ~10k AA. I would probably plan some additional business travel and maybe even MR to hit 75K if the threshold was 75K including partners... with the 90k w/ partners limit, I have no incentive to do so and will just sit at 60k and might even defer ~3k-4k into January to help pad next year.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 6:40 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, former AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Uber Diamond, National Executive
Originally Posted by a9504477
For those who got matched to 75K, i understand you don't receive the 50k bonus miles (fair enough), however do get to gift MVPG status to someone?
What I really want are the luggage tags

Just matched EXP to 75K, came through in three days. Flew Alaska F on an AA award last year and was really impressed.

Flying out of DCA, but think I can make it work by doing DFW/ORD on AA with the partner benefits (MCE + Priority AAccess is fine for me) and LAX/SFO (via SEA) with a good shot at upgrades.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA GS 3Million, Marriott/SPG LIFETIME Platinum - current Titanium, HHonors Diamond
Am incredibly disappointed with this - I matched as a 1K, 2MM from UAL in June. Since then, I have flown enough cramped middle seats on AS and DL to make it to MVP Gold this year - and now I find out they would have matched my status to Gold 75K if I had waited until the end of the year?

Anybody know if there is any recourse on this? That said, my experiences with the upgrade program (including what I find to be the idiotic "based on when you book your ticket" priority) and the changes with the DL hand-to-hand combat make it really difficult for me to enjoy flying on AS/DL.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 12:23 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, former AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Uber Diamond, National Executive
Originally Posted by BlueHenFlyer
Am incredibly disappointed with this - I matched as a 1K, 2MM from UAL in June. Since then, I have flown enough cramped middle seats on AS and DL to make it to MVP Gold this year - and now I find out they would have matched my status to Gold 75K if I had waited until the end of the year?

Anybody know if there is any recourse on this? That said, my experiences with the upgrade program (including what I find to be the idiotic "based on when you book your ticket" priority) and the changes with the DL hand-to-hand combat make it really difficult for me to enjoy flying on AS/DL.
In the interest of "the worst they can say is no" I think it would be worth an email to AS explaining the situation and seeing if they'll match to 75K.

AA does the same upgrade priority, based on booking.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA GS 3Million, Marriott/SPG LIFETIME Platinum - current Titanium, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by nickflies
AA does the same upgrade priority, based on booking.
But don't you have to request the use of an upgrade certificate on AA still? For unlimited, time-based upgrades, fare basis and status should be the only things that matter.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K

You can always ask but don't be surprised if they say no.

AS doesn't care about fare bucket for upgrades. So you will need to stick with UA or DL if you wish fare to take part of upgrade waitlist status. AA is also time of request. For Exec plat that would be booking date or if lower status the date you request the sticker upgrades. Although when booking AS flights AS has Gold instant upgrade fares that will upgrade you to F should U space open up at any time after ticketing

Last edited by CDKing; Oct 30, 2014 at 2:32 pm
Old Oct 30, 2014, 2:25 pm

But don't you have to request the use of an upgrade certificate on AA still? For unlimited, time-based upgrades, fare basis and status should be the only things that matter.
Executive Platinums get free upgrades, based on the time of ticket purchase.

Fare basis does not come into play, unless you book full Y, which pretty much nobody does. Even then, it's only within your status group

Gold and Platinum must use 500-mile stickers, but if they request that, the priority is based upon when it was requested (usually when the ticket was booked). With the merger, it's changing to a system where all elites get comp upgrades under 500 miles.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 10:49 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP75K, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat, UA Silver, Amex Plat
Anyone had luck matching from DL Plat to MVP Gold 75k? Want to make sure it's possible before submitting the materials and ending up with just MVP Gold.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by nabilm92
Anyone had luck matching from DL Plat to MVP Gold 75k? Want to make sure it's possible before submitting the materials and ending up with just MVP Gold.
Datapoint: I'm a DL PM, sent in the email two weeks ago and received a match to 75k. This year has been an off year with work travel and I wasn't even going to qualify for Silver with DL for next year. I guess they don't look at your mileage balance at all.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 11:02 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by milesmuncher
You do. My wife is now MVP.
Wait you get the 50,000 bonus miles from being matched to MVP75K?
Old Nov 6, 2014, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by keitherson
Wait you get the 50,000 bonus miles from being matched to MVP75K?
No. The answer you are quoting is in regards to the MVP sponsorship benefit.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 10:17 am

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
Is the sponsored MVP status valid until end of 2015?
Old Nov 7, 2014, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Copa Pres. Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG LT Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by a9504477
Is the sponsored MVP status valid until end of 2015?
Yup
Old Nov 7, 2014, 4:12 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Delta Plat, HHonors Gold, NEXUS, Marriott Silver
\I've tried to search the thread and can't seem to find an answer... do all status matches go Gold? or might they just go to MVP? I've got ac 35k right now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.