FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   TSA Pre✓™ (PreCheck) on Alaska Airlines - Questions and Experiences (2012-21) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1305066-tsa-pre-precheck-alaska-airlines-questions-experiences-2012-21-a.html)

tusphotog Jan 21, 2012 3:17 am

TSA Pre✓™ (PreCheck) on Alaska Airlines - Questions and Experiences (2012-21)

Unfortunately, this sounds like may be a little while before it's up and running. I just hope Seattle and LAX get this. Phoenix would sure be nice, too!

Alaska Airlines is the latest air carrier to sign on with TSA’s pre-approved traveler security program pilot.

The agency said in a Jan. 20 blog post that “select Alaska Airlines travelers” would soon be eligible to participate in the program. The airline joins Delta Air Lines, American Airlines and US Airways in the program.

TSA said it would name the airports where Alaska Airlines customers could participate in the program at a later date.
Short article here.

And straight from the strange TSA blog post.

OverThereTooMuch Jan 21, 2012 10:37 am

Awesome! It'll be great to keep my belt + shoes on again. ^

Hopefully this won't be limited to just MVP's or higher, but anyone with GE access.

kwl747 Jan 21, 2012 11:06 am

According to the Alaska facebook page those selected for the program will be notified via email.

hgdf Jan 21, 2012 11:10 am

From the article:

CBP's Trusted Traveler programs, including Global Entry, SENTRI, and NEXUS who are U.S. citizens are also eligible to participate.

baliktad Jan 21, 2012 1:07 pm

As a GE/NEXUS cardholder, MVPG 75K, and a frequent traveller out of SEA, I hope this gets off the ground soon and is implemented in SEA/PDX/LAX. Got the full grope-down today before my flight to AUS for having the audacity to opt-out of the body scanner.

Points Scrounger Jan 21, 2012 2:27 pm

I'm not willing to have some flunky interviewer decide whether I'm "American enough" - no thanks!

Aaron01 Jan 21, 2012 2:44 pm

I've gone through AA's version at LAX, it's a great program. This is great news

PetePDX Jan 21, 2012 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by baliktad (Post 17858755)
Got the full grope-down today before my flight to AUS for having the audacity to opt-out of the body scanner.

I share your taste for audacity. I have discovered, however, that after I politely (and quickly) respond to the first question with ("no painful areas, no implanted medical devices, no need for a private screening"), the TSA officer tends to speed up the process.

I've used a Nude-o-Scope/TSA KabukiVision precisely once--and will continue to Opt Out. I'm currently waiting for a GE interview to hopefully avoid needing to do pat downs in the not-so-distant future.

beckoa Jan 22, 2012 12:59 am

Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.261 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by PetePDX

Originally Posted by baliktad (Post 17858755)
Got the full grope-down today before my flight to AUS for having the audacity to opt-out of the body scanner.

I share your taste for audacity. I have discovered, however, that after I politely (and quickly) respond to the first question with ("no painful areas, no implanted medical devices, no need for a private screening"), the TSA officer tends to speed up the process.

I've used a Nude-o-Scope/TSA KabukiVision precisely once--and will continue to Opt Out. I'm currently waiting for a GE interview to hopefully avoid needing to do pat downs in the not-so-distant future.

Agree it seems to speed up when TSO understands you've been thru the process before- but make sure they change those filthy gloves :D

Wonder if ANC will be included ;)

Quattro Jan 23, 2012 2:12 pm

I received my email from AS today. I've been a GE member for probably 18months now and MVPG / 75k for the last couple years. My home base is PDX but the email specifically mentions SEA-TAC as the location for the AS pilot.

The email has a link to a as.com page that you enter your mileage plan number and click go. Says things should be live at SEA this "spring".

beckoa Jan 23, 2012 2:15 pm

Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.261 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Email as well...didn't click the link yet.

berserk42 Jan 23, 2012 2:25 pm

Just got invited via e-mail thirty minutes ago and opted in. Looking forward to it!

beckoa Jan 23, 2012 2:28 pm

75K here; based out of ANC, but did travel out of SEA a couple times last year. I received this email earlier today:

Dear beckoa:

We're excited to let you know that as one of our most frequent flyers, you are eligible to participate in the Transportation Security Administration's (TSA) Pre✓™ pilot program — which could allow you to undergo expedited screening at Sea-Tac airport starting later this spring.

The goal of this pilot program is to test pre-screening passengers, which could result in expedited security procedures such as dedicated lines where customers will not have to take off their shoes or belts, or remove laptops from carry-on bags. Eligible customers must be U.S. citizens and travel must be within the United States.

The TSA has determined your eligibility and we would like to invite you to opt in for this pilot program. To enroll, simply click on the link below and register your Alaska Airlines frequent flyer number.

Please note that TSA determines eligibility for expedited screening on a per-flight-segment basis and does not guarantee that you would always receive expedited screening during your travel.

We hope this new process will ultimately expedite your upcoming journeys.

For additional details and the latest information on the TSA's Pre✓™ program, visit TSA.gov.

tbau Jan 23, 2012 2:49 pm

Got the invite email and registered this afternoon. Initial registration is as simple as entering mileage plan #. This will be one less giant pet peeve in my life, and I hope they expand it's use to all airports for all airlines.

Drile Jan 23, 2012 3:03 pm

Got the email as well. Have been through this for DL at ATL. Awesome program. Really great news. ^

Hope that it rolls out for DL at SEA soon too.