Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

15% discount card offered at boarding today - SEA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2021, 5:37 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life

Book by January 31 for travel through May 19. Card contains a 16 digit code. Have these been offered at any other Alaska stations?
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 10:20 pm

Wow. Bookings must be way down.

Flew SEA to LAS last weekend and SEA-MCO yesterday and didn't receive one.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 11:15 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Bookings are sooo light. We are on SEA-PSP tomorrow evening and there are only 12 people on a 737 and we are 6 of the 12!
Old Jan 8, 2021, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by stephem
Bookings are sooo light. We are on SEA-PSP tomorrow evening and there are only 12 people on a 737 and we are 6 of the 12!
To be fair, this is a traditionally low travel time, particularly for leisure travelers now that the holidays travel season is over....judging by the fares I'm seeing in March, things will probably pick back up during Spring Break season.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 12:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Nothing ex-ANC yesterday.

Granted flights to FAI have been 0'd out...
Old Jan 9, 2021, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by stephem
Also the current CA travel restrictions are no doubt contributing to the light loads.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by sltlyamusd
Also the current CA travel restrictions are no doubt contributing to the light loads.
Right. Scheduled to end on the 14th, unless extended, if I recall.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 9:45 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by Visconti
Right. Scheduled to end on the 14th, unless extended, if I recall.
FYI: Southern California was extended on 12/29 for an additional 3 weeks, which currently puts it at 1/19. The Governor said the other day that it will likely be extended again, given 0% ICU availability and the post-holiday surge, which is just now starting to hit.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by NoLaGent
FYI: Southern California was extended on 12/29 for an additional 3 weeks, which currently puts it at 1/19. The Governor said the other day that it will likely be extended again, given 0% ICU availability and the post-holiday surge, which is just now starting to hit.
Oh jeez...
Old Jan 9, 2021, 5:14 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
I flew to LAX on January 8th. F was completely full for the first 3 morning flights. This was even after seat blocking has ended. FA was quite pissy and curt that I was sitting in 1F as 1D was her Jumpseat.
anteater likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 7:00 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by SEA777GUY
I flew to LAX on January 8th. F was completely full for the first 3 morning flights. This was even after seat blocking has ended. FA was quite pissy and curt that I was sitting in 1F as 1D was her Jumpseat.
Thats an odd attitude for a perk which only exists due to the current pandemic.

If you have the time, feel free to share your experience with Alaska Listens. They do pas that feedback along to the station and flight supervisors.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SEA777GUY
Isn't there another jumpseat available for the FA who sits in 1D? Unless it's AS policy, my guess is that the FA doesn't HAVE to sit there if they don't want to.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 8:51 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Isn't there another jumpseat available for the FA who sits in 1D? Unless it's AS policy, my guess is that the FA doesn't HAVE to sit there if they don't want to.
There is, but it is policy that they have 1D on the Boeing, and 1C on the Airbus. It used to be 1DF on Boeing, but 1F went back into inventory when F seat blocking ended this week.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32893668-post806.html
Old Jan 12, 2021, 12:33 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Back to the conversation of 15% discount card, I have not been offered these cards for my roundtrip flight between SEA and ORD this past weekend.

Jiburi

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.