MVP Nomination Time?

Old Jan 11, 2012, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP
MVP Nomination Time?

Does anyone know how long it takes for the nomination to go through? I am getting upgraded to MVP and want to book some flights soon so I am a bit antsy. TIA.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 7:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.261 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

24-48 hours when I nominated my Dad... Card arrived two weeks later. Imagine itd be pretty quick
Old Jan 11, 2012, 8:41 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
Originally Posted by SFore
Does anyone know how long it takes for the nomination to go through? I am getting upgraded to MVP and want to book some flights soon so I am a bit antsy. TIA.
I don't see any reason not to book your flights now though...prices may go up while you're waiting. You can call and make sure the reservation reflects your stats once it is active in the system.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 11:45 am

Programs: AS Million Miler since 2011, Lifetime MVPG
Originally Posted by ANC RED-EYE
I don't see any reason not to book your flights now though...prices may go up while you're waiting. You can call and make sure the reservation reflects your stats once it is active in the system.
I agree with this statement. And FWIW when I nominated my daughter it took 4-5 days. It showed her new status on a Sunday so I don't know if it's a weekend update thing. Regardless, she was ablt to have her new status loaded onto an existing reso and get on the upgrade list.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP
Thanks for the replies, I called yesterday and they told me they have so many nominations at the beginning of the year, it takes a bit longer. I was put in for nomination on Tuesday and still haven't cleared yet...
Old Jan 14, 2012, 4:29 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat
It just took 9-10 days for the nomination I just did.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 5:43 pm

I don't understand why this can't be an automated process?
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by ethanwa
I don't understand why this can't be an automated process?
I don't see this happening- too many chances of fraud. Much easier to make it manual and log for each account. Speaking of which- wonder how many notes are in mine?
anteater likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 7:04 pm

Programs: ALL :)
Any recent reports of how long MVP nominations are taking, and if the MVP nominations come with MVP Gold Guest Upgrade Certs?
Old Jan 20, 2015, 8:12 pm

Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

MVP *does not* come with any guest upgrade certs.
Old Feb 12, 2023, 10:02 am

Programs: AS MVPG75K, Hilton Diamond
Does anyone know how long it takes for the MVP nomination to go through? I filled out the form 2 weeks ago and still no changes.
Old Feb 12, 2023, 10:38 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100k - UA Premier Gold - AA Platinum Pro
As a 100k, can I still nominate someone for MVP status even though I used my choice benefit for Lounge+?
Old Feb 12, 2023, 11:20 am

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by ShutUpDonnie;[url=tel:35005620
35005620]As a 100k, can I still nominate someone for MVP status even though I used my choice benefit for Lounge+?
Yes, as the 100K CB is for Gold nomination. 🤙🏻🥃
Old Feb 12, 2023, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by mtnsider
Does anyone know how long it takes for the MVP nomination to go through? I filled out the form 2 weeks ago and still no changes.
You can call into customer care and have them send a message/ticket to the team who processes them if the nominee has a upcoming flight and the normal time range window has passed. I did it that for my partner in the past and their status was updated late the following day the ticket was placed and just in time for their flight.
Old Feb 12, 2023, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by mtnsider
I nominated Darling Daughter mid-Jan. She had an upcoming reservation that I wanted her to be able to select a PE seat, so after a week of waiting (and with no idea how long it would take to post), I called. Phone agent told me 2-3 weeks. Ultimately took about 2.5 weeks to post.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.