Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

"U" Class Available But No MVP Gold Upgrade

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"U" Class Available But No MVP Gold Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2011, 5:57 pm

Programs: MVPG
Originally Posted by dave1013
...but what I wanted to say is if you purchased you F-class tickets before last Friday - you might want to go to the guaranteed airfare refund site and apply for a tax refund.
This was gold, Dave1013. Went to the link and secured a refund. Thanks for the welcome. Hope we can contribute in the future.

@ Jackal Thank you for the very thorough explanation. Now it makes sense.

Last edited by Jay K; Jul 27, 2011 at 6:01 pm Reason: Combining replies
Old Jul 28, 2011, 2:46 pm

Programs: AS MVPG-75K & HYATT Diamond; former DL-DM, AA-PLT, US-PLT
Ok, do we now have a new quirk in the system, or did I miss something?

As a 75K I just did a 3 segment ticket for travel tomorrow morning that starts at 19 hours out with 2 Q-400 flights, the 3rd segment to LAX is departs 23 hours out on a 737. When the confirmation screen appeared, there was a message that I had never seen before that said:

"The upgrade request was not successful for one or more of your flights, because the request was too close to the departure time. See an agent at the airport when you check in to request an upgrade for these flights."

Nonsesnse, that flight departs in 24 hours. So I call in, and after looking at my reservation, the agent tells me that "no, you can't be upgraded, because it departs within 25 hours, and you can't be waitlisted either"

Now, about 2 hours later, I go online and check, and the empty boxes are next to the flights for requesting a complimentary upgrade, along with a symbol denoting that the 2 Q-400 flights do not have a first class cabin.

When I check the box, I get the same message as above about the request being too close to the departure time.

When I told the agent that I had just under an hour between the last 2 flights and that I would head straight to the departure gate to see what the GA could do, I was informed that would be my best bet, but don't count on the upgrade, because the waitlist will probably have already been processed.

I have been waitlisted before while open FC seats were held for sale, then upon releasing them the waitlisted upgrades process at the gate. I understand this.

I do not know for a fact that any U-space is even available at this time, or if any will open up, but as a 75K that can't get on the waitlist, I think that makes me lower than a silver who booked the flight 2 hours earlier than I did.

Before I start a rant, I will wait for some answers and insights.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 7:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wonderous device: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9800; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

I'd watch OLCI for the upgrade link if there is space avail still.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.