Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Do you think the SEA boardroom needs a shower?
Yes
63.16%
No
21.05%
I don't shower :P
15.79%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

SEA Boardroom Shower ?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2011, 8:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Rewards Silver,United Miles plus Hawaiian Air AirTran SWA
SEA Boardroom Shower ?

Does the SEA Boardroom have bathing shower facilities?

If not, with SEA being an international hub, wouldn't it make sense to have them ?
Old Jun 30, 2011, 8:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
No. Alaska Air is not a global airline. The new Delta sky club, when open, will have showers.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 9:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wonderous device: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9800; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.526 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Sinks are a bit small for a spounge bath...
Old Jun 30, 2011, 9:40 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Originally Posted by keloutwest
No. Alaska Air is not a global airline.
With AS sleeping with so many global carriers, one would think showers would be welcome by inbound connecting pax.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 10:20 pm

Programs: No status anywhere :(
Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO
With AS sleeping with so many global carriers, one would think showers would be welcome by inbound connecting pax.
I'm sure they would. But how would having showers in the Board Room make Alaska any money?
Old Jun 30, 2011, 10:40 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k
given the 6+ AS red-eyes out of alaska as well as connecting passengers from red eyes to PDX or BLI, I'm sure a shower would be well received by the ~1000 AS travelers/day transiting SEA unfortunate enough to have overnighted on a plane in the previous day's clothes.

AS must have thought of this, crunched numbers, and decided it would be more expensive or difficult to provide (in sufficient quantity) than it's worth in additional memberships.

If DL's new skyclub provides them, it'll be irrelevant, but I'd probably purchase a BR membership if I could get clean there. It would be an invaluable feature if I were the traditional business passenger with a tight schedule, heading straight to a meeting. Meanwhiles I'll stick to guerrilla bathing in the family bathroom.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
This is kind of a bummer - I'd been thinking such would come in handy after my arduous return from GEG next month. Oh well .....
Old Jul 1, 2011, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO
AS can't/won't pay $200 a day for a true union CSR to staff the BR and provide real assistance to AS's most valuable customers. What makes you think they'll pay $200/day plus water/laundry costs for a shower or two?

Both would attract new memberships (or at least new day pass sales), but with showers coming and better hours in the new DL club, I'm not as passionate about the lack of showers in the BR. If I have a long enough layover to take a shower, then I have a long enough layover to trudge over to the S satellite for said shower.

Thus, staffing the BR with someone who is actually allowed to fix IRROPS problems is of far greater priority for me. But AS seems intent on providing friendly/folksy but ineffective service in the Board Rooms for the time being...
Old Jul 1, 2011, 7:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
The boardroom is so packed with people you'd have to wait in a 2 hr line to use the hypothetical shower.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 8:16 am

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by jwright
I'm sure they would. But how would having showers in the Board Room make Alaska any money?
Where would they put them? The board room is tiny. Maybe when they conquer the N terminal....
Old Jul 1, 2011, 9:55 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by 98103
Where would they put them? The board room is tiny.
Or they could put in a glass cubicle next to the dishwasher behind the bar area and save on water.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 12:59 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
Originally Posted by evoG
given the 6+ AS red-eyes out of alaska as well as connecting passengers from red eyes to PDX or BLI, I'm sure a shower would be well received by the ~1000 AS travelers/day transiting SEA unfortunate enough to have overnighted on a plane in the previous day's clothes.
Agreed. I've wished for a shower more than once on a 3+ hour layover in SEA after a red-eye out of ANC.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 6:24 pm

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
The old American Airlines AAdmiral's Club at the end of concourse C had showers. Unfortunately, it's been closed for years. There was speculation at one time that AS would take it over, but I haven't heard much about that lately.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 6:30 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by dgreen12
Or they could put in a glass cubicle next to the dishwasher behind the bar area and save on water.
Let's hope it is a reallly, really (and I mean REALLY) obscure glass!!!!!!!
Old Jul 2, 2011, 5:49 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Originally Posted by keloutwest
The boardroom is so packed with people you'd have to wait in a 2 hr line to use the hypothetical shower.
I would imagine they could filter out non-intl/transcon pax.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.