Policy Change when booking AF Awards?

Old Jun 22, 2011, 1:00 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Question Policy Change when booking AF Awards?

I use Expert Flyer for letting me know when AF award seats load. In the past I have been able to see them and then call AS to book 355 days out.

Today I found the AF award seats I have been waiting for on EF but when I called AS to book they said they can only book awards 330 days out on AF. ( I called twice to make sure)

Is this something new? What has your experience been lately with AF awards?

Perhaps the merger with Delta had something to do with it?

Last edited by david55; Jun 22, 2011 at 3:09 pm
Old Jun 23, 2011, 1:07 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, UA, HA, DL
When I booked AF LAX-PPT 13 months ago I was told 330 days out too.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 6:44 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hilton Gold, Red Lion Gold
Alaska has not merged with Delta. They're a partner where we get to be on the first class wait list but never fly in first. That's about it.

Alaska has been at 330 days out on advance bookings for many, many years.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 7:28 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mikexner

Alaska has been at 330 days out on advance bookings for many, many years.
Awards on Alaska flights ( as almost all other domestic airlines) have been 330 days for as long as I can remember....

But awards seats on international airlines such as AF and BA have been loaded 350-360 days out...a " secret" that not many people knew helping me get the jump on award seats every time. Go to Expert Flyer and look for seats for mid June 2012 on AF...they are there.

What's new ( and this was confirmed yesterday by my 3rd call to the partner desk) is that about 6 or 7 months ago AS could no longer book these award seats 350-360 days out on AF....only at 330. You can still book award flights on BA further out.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
AF award seats aren't even bookable online with Flying Blue more than ten months in advance.

Award tickets may be booked between 24 hours and 10 months before departure.

The latest date shown with Flying Blue online search is April 24, 2012. And no, I'm not speaking of award inventory availability.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.