MVP gold question

Old Jun 20, 2011, 11:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Rewards Silver,United Miles plus Hawaiian Air AirTran SWA
MVP gold question

As Gold, can you buy a ticket and if you can't honor the reservation yourself, can you change the name to another persons name so they cab honor the reservation?
All with change fee waived as Gold!

Thanks!
Old Jun 20, 2011, 11:49 pm

I think technically, no you can't.

You can cancel your ticket and have no change fee or penalty as a Gold or Gold75. That value of the ticket is deposited into your "E-Wallet". You can then buy a new ticket for the passenger going and pay the difference of the fare. I don't think you get off with no change fee and no difference of fare.

Others?
Old Jun 21, 2011, 12:07 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Changing the name on a ticket is the same as any other change (origin, destination, date of travel, routing). You can do it, but the ticket must be reissued at current prices. The change fee waiver for Golds just means that you can recoup the entire amount of the previous ticket and apply to the new ticket.

On the other hand, a ticket bought for one person to fill one seat is just that. If it's just a domestic flight, the boarding agent doesn't verify identification at the gate...
Old Jun 21, 2011, 2:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wonderous device: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9800; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.526 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

I haven't tried to go from gold to non gold but have done non gold to myself at no charge.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.